Deck of the Day

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
Hey everyone
Today i arrive with the good stuff...

[DECK OF 08-08-21]
[JOACHIMCEPTION]

First of all, lets make this clear - i actually hate Joachim, and never used the "metabreaker" quadruple Joachim. However, i love memes and challenges, precisely like this one - how many times can you replay a card in a match?

Also, this is a perfect opportunity to showcase the lovely new dwimveandra, as she is being mostly ignored compared to the other new cards, and in my opinion the NG location's order is one of the best.

So far, my Joachim record is 8, however its theoretically possible to get 9 with this deck.
I also know its possible to get more, a relatively easy 10th with Letho KS on Skellen to get an extra coup, i didnt go for it since the skellen one is the most risky in case it gets countered.

FYI, they changed Skellen a while ago, so the tactic he spawns is doomed, for most cases this doesnt matter, but it was cleared made to stop "Coup abusing" which was what i intended here :shrug:

This is not the 1st version of the deck, the initial one had Terranova, and although a really good card, it doesnt support the gameplan (Terranova cant create more Joachims since its a disloyal unit), so i replaced him for yen Invo and Snowdrop.

CONCLUSION: this deck is kinda hard, specially with the mulligans (keeping bad cards in hand R1 just to avoid them being pulled by Joachim), and is highly RNG dependent, but its easily one of the most fun i built in the past weeks, highly recommended.

(i would love to share some screenshots of impressive results i got, but i dont have access to them for the following days, as im stuck with a crappy laptop instead of my (slighty better, Gwent-able) desktop.)

PS - is this the best deck title ever or what? :cool:

I love decks with an objective other than winning the match. Most of mine have been set up to complete quests. How many special cards can you play in one match? (I think my record is 15. 17 is the maximum my deck can generate, but I need to draw perfectly for that. Oh, and I need to somehow win a round!) How many cards can you play in one match? (I think I once played 38) How many cards can you play in one turn? (I haven't tracked this one.)

I love decks with an objective other than winning the match. Most of mine have been set up to complete quests. How many special cards can you play in one match? (I think my record is 15. 17 is the maximum my deck can generate, but I need to draw perfectly for that. Oh, and I need to somehow win a round!) How many cards can you play in one match? (I think I once played 38) How many cards can you play in one turn? (I haven't tracked this one.)
with this new Spelliatael i have seen gord with 25 points, so i have sure people are using more than 20 special cards

Gotta put a bounty deck.
Just like i did for PoP part 1, this one includes all 4 new cards.
WARNING: in theory, this should be really strong, but i've been struggling a bit with it, getting below average results.

This is also why it took me so long to post it, i've been trying to improve it, but at the same time i dont want to use LP and cleaver+drill and it will just be like the other SY decks going around.

[DECK OF 07-08-21]
[BOUNTY PARTY]

The biggest difference between this and SY metadecks is the portal inclusion, and the tribute leader, Moreelse and Graden (and my SY staple - Tavern Brawl).

I played a lot with it, and now i do understand its weaknesses, i didnt correct them to keep the theme and consider it a challenge, like SY was designed to be.
Still, i will share them here, it might help you make some modifications on it and ajust it to your style:

-Lack of "peaceful" spenders - stuff like SeaJackal, Jacques, Coerced Blacksmith (boosts), but also Helveed or Savolla.
Damage is better than boosting, but when all you have is damage, you struggle against unitless decks, or even other control decks, that will delay their big points until the end.

I ended up losing a lot of games because i didnt have ways to spend coins, most SY decks use at least jackal because he's super cheap and has a good coin-pts ratio, but i really hate going tall. I also considered Savolla, the FIghtener goes tall but at least its 2 bodies, but i opted for the new, cheaper Ignatius Hale, although i am still divided on that.

-I considered using TInboy, since its tribute and has synergy with leader and Madame Luiza, it would be a great counter to double BMistresses, but on other matchups it would be very weak due to anti-synergy with all of the removal on this deck, and also its too damn expensive!

-Lack of heatwave. Masquerade Ball is still very threatening, and Siege isnt a walk in the park either. And Melusine is quite scary too, since it can be played on 2/3 rounds and cant be bountied and it grows on base strength, the only good option is Moreelse, but heatwave would just be instawin.

-Two huge bodies - Ignatius Hale and Scoundrel are both 12 points, NG players and their poisons start salivating when they see these, and despite all the MO relict rage (this deck is definitely favoured against those), NG was still the majority of opponents i faced (Rank 3).

The way i found to deal with these players was to make sure i won R1 so i have last say R3, they will definitely play your 12pt units with Yen Invo or Terranova, then i finished with a gigantic 20+ Graden tribute.

-Lack of tutors. No Oneiro, and if you dont find Portal R1, its more likely to not find all the best golds by the end of the match, which happened to me a few times, having 2/3 of my essential golds left in deck in R3.

All of these problems might demotivate you readers on trying this deck, i dont blame you. Still, i stress its a good deck to go Monster Hunting... :shrug:
Similar bounty deck, but mine is a hybrid of bounty and cutup crimes

Time to kick off the series of decks i got planned for this season.
Time to kick off the...

--- SWARM WEEK ---

For those that know me as a Gwent player, know my self-proclaimed love for swarm decks and swarm strategies, so this shouldnt be much of a surprise, it was a matter of time...

I got planned 6 decks, one for each faction, one for each of the remaining days of this week.
They are all planned and well-defined, but most still need testing and optimizing, hopefull i will be able to keep my schedule.

I will also do a Misc. Guide for swarm (expect it later today, and to be updated throughout the week) to serve as a companion guide to these decks, for those that want to go deeper into swarm.

Finally - these swarm decks will not always be what you'd expect, as i will avoid the obvious choices and also what i've already explored in previous decks for this thread.

[DECK OF 10-08-21]
[RED HEAD REDEMPTION]

SWARM SERIES DECK 1 - SK

There were probably ways of swarming more than this deck (with crow's eye rhyzomes, with more SK witchers), but this deck's initial focus was to maximize value and showcase the new SK cards - Offering to the Sea, and to a lesser extent, Havfrue Singers.

This deck doesnt include many swarm payoffs - only Axel (one of the most underrated SK cards IMO), and in a way, both offering to the sea and bear witcher mentors can be considered conditional swarm payoffs.

Just to be clear - the red head of the deck name is the lady depicted in 'bride of the sea' and also 'oferring to the sea', although Coral is also a red head, but not essential to this deck's strategy. The red heads do the damage, the brunettes and blonde heal the damage :shrug:

Amazing Self Damage Match edit.jpg

Best result i got so far with the deck, dont expect it always pops off like this :facepalm:

[DECK OF 11-08-21]
[GREEN STRIPES]

SWARM SERIES DECK 2 - NR

i've decided to go with Blue Stripes for swarming with NR for two reasons: 1) i hadnt done a Blue Stripes deck in this thread yet, but i've already used the other swarm possibilities i describe in the Misc Guide Swarm (Kerack Frigates, Dun Banners, Revenants).
2) I wanted this deck to be the most 'vanilla', a sort of nostalgic deck, with cards that were popular in the beginning of HC, like Ves and Commander's Horn, which were recently buffed (the Ves buff is nice, the C. Horn still not good enough).

Also, its possible to go Blue Stripes in many different ways: Double BS + Draug, Double BS + Siege (very popular last season) or even triple BS. Instead of those options, i went Double BS + swarm payoffs, i think its works nicely.

However feel free to replace the choices that were picked for the sake of variety with better options (Commander's Horn, which is now warfare and tutorable by Natalis, or Temerian Infantry).

Nice history trip with this Commandos Swarm deck. Personally I prefer your Frigate one (still use from time to time), but any NR post gets my attention. I have my own Revenants swarm deck, and it foolishly includes Sabrina's Inferno. It's glorious...when it works.

After great classics such as "20 Soldiers 1 Witcher" (NG deck) and the recent "19 Elves 1 Dryad" (obviously ST), today i bring to you...
(Note: these are decks i didnt post here, but were some of my favourites and performed expectionally well)

[DECK OF 12-08-21]
[18 ELVES 1 DWARF]

SWARM SERIES DECK 3 - ST

Ah, i was excited to make this deck ever since Simlas was announced. Simlas + Bone Talisman is perfect for elf swarm.

I love ST elves, its probably the only straightforward archetype i like, and i have found great success with them: my biggest winstreak ever (19 matches in ranked) was with an elf swarm deck, and if you're asking, this deck is quite competitive, probably the most viable of all these swarm decks im posting, and im using it to climb to pro rank (winrate 6-1 so far).

I did NOT copy the idea from @FuchsiaBriefs , i swear i finished testing and writing the guide for this deck (a couple of days ago), go to youtube and what do i see? A new video from him, incredibly similar to my own :oops:
However, mine is more restrained, without the francesca for the triple BT, i stick with double BT which is less risky and usually more than enough.

(But i do encourage you to go and see his video, and all his videos in general, he deserves all of it and more!)

2-0ing Ball (By an Inch).jpg

2-0ing NG Ball, when you dont have any great targets for their poison, also their spies help our bone talismans play.

1st Try Elf Swarm (this seems fair).jpg

When the opponent plays Siege late, so you obliterate all his board with Vernossiel melee before the siege final chapter.

Today its SY's turn to get a swarm deck.
The congregate archetype/ gang hasnt been popular for a while, and even though its not Tier 1 and has suffered with powercreep, it can still hold its ground.

[DECK OF 13-08-21]
[CUTTING FIRE]

SWARM SERIES DECK 4 - SY

This is the first (and probably only) devotion deck to be featured in this swarm series, since devotion imediately keeps bone talismans out. But since SY has Dies Irae and Sacred Flame which are kinda similar, it trades well.

Most of the deck is kinda what you'd expect from congregate, but has a little spice with Igor + scribes, whoreson sr and tavern brawl. A lot of opponents expect you to have 0 control and the surprise freakshow or Moreelse can really be a gamechanger.

Still, its unfavoured against popular MO decks due to lack of control, and they can swarm too but boost too much, the wide boosts in this deck cant keep up. (This does not mean its un-winnable, ive already won a few matches against them with this, but you need to play well and luck)

And today's swarm deck is for the faction most famous for that style... MONSTERS.

(DECKBUILDING STORYLINE:)

I could go with the easy choices - Arachas Swarm and insects, or O. Hunger and Plague Maiden + beasts/rats...
I could've played Koschey or Kiki Queen. I could've gone with thrive swarm. I could even have gone Glusty...
But i said "NO! I wont use all of these classic swarm stuff that has already been explored a million times."

I wanted something new. And i thought, "what tokens does MO have? Arachas drones, sure. Rats, yes... but also Ekimmaras!
Since i am an idiot, i decided to try and make a vampire swarm deck.
Unfortunately, vampire has almost no ways of swarming, crimson curse spawns 2 ekimmaras, great, vampire leader gives one more, but then the only option was... Dethlaff.
So yes, i made a deck with Caranthir Dethlaff, even tried two leaders, Carapace and Blood Scent, but i never managed to get more than 2/3 ekis from Dethlaffs.
Long story short, it was an awful deck, im sorry to let any vampire fans down, vampire archetype is already weak, even worse when you try to make it something its not good for (swarming).

The following deck has nothing to do with my previous attempt, which was completely scrapped.
This one flowed naturally in the deckbuilding, and the results were quite entertaining...

[DECK OF 14-08-21]
[SELFEATING SYNDROME]

SWARM SERIES DECK 5 - MO

This is NOT just another relict deck. This is a full-on, (nearly) 100% self-eater deck.
Almost all decisions were made to play more selfeaters, to strengthen and to boost those selfeaters.

The choice to go Nova actually hinders the deck, and it was made willingly.
It was to prove the selfeater is so strong it can carry a deck, and it did - lost to meta versions of MO, but won against most other decks.

If i included Witch apprentices, Bloody Mistress or, Melitele forbid, Mammuna (double Mammuna with Caranthir), i suspect this deck might've even been stronger than the metaversion.

Why is it so strong? Simple. When you swarm the board with a ton of selfeaters, every single relict played after becomes a cheaper bone talisman, but with a body attached and not vulnerable to Yrden.

When does it struggle? Well, against optimized MO, hypercontrol, but most often, when you dont find a way to access selfeaters on R1 and all the deck is built around it and you cant apply pressure. That's the weakness of decks wholly built around a bronze.

PS - Mourntart is obviously perfect for this deck. I tried her with zeal potion before, but i didnt like it, so i switched to defender to protect her, but usually when she pops off, you would win anyway.

Insane Selfeating R3 vs Hyperthin.jpg

Another successful swarm (not enough against MO Sabbath).jpg

Selfeaters EVERYWHERE.jpg

I know these arent making a good case on the strength of the deck considering they're 3 defeats, but i assure you the deck wins more than loses, but these were the most impressive swarms.

The 2nd and 3rd screenshot represent weaknesses: like i said, optimized MO beats this, and also when you go against NG and they use the selfeater spam against you with spies.

(Everyone is gonna have nightmares with selfeaters now... Omnomnomming away... I apologize :giveup:)

And today's swarm deck is for the faction most famous for that style... MONSTERS.

(DECKBUILDING STORYLINE:)
I could go with the easy choices - Arachas Swarm and insects, or O. Hunger and Plague Maiden + beasts/rats...
I could've played Koschey or Kiki Queen. I could've gone with thrive swarm. I could even have gone Glusty...
But i said "NO! I wont use all of these classic swarm stuff that has already been explored a million times."

I wanted something new. And i thought, "what tokens does MO have? Arachas drones, sure. Rats, yes... but also Ekimmaras!
Since i am an idiot, i decided to try and make a vampire swarm deck.
Unfortunately, vampire has almost no ways of swarming, crimson curse spawns 2 ekimmaras, great, vampire leader gives one more, but then the only option was... Dethlaff.
So yes, i made a deck with Caranthir Dethlaff, even tried two leaders, Carapace and Blood Scent, but i never managed to get more than 2/3 ekis from Dethlaffs.
Long story short, it was an awful deck, im sorry to let any vampire fans down, vampire archetype is already weak, even worse when you try to make it something its not good for (swarming).

The following deck has nothing to do with my previous attempt, which was completely scrapped.
This one flowed naturally in the deckbuilding, and the results were quite entertaining...

[DECK OF 14-08-21]
[SELFEATING SYNDROME]

SWARM SERIES DECK 5 - MO

This is NOT just another relict deck. This is a full-on, (nearly) 100% self-eater deck.
Almost all decisions were made to play more selfeaters, to strengthen and to boost those selfeaters.

The choice to go Nova actually hinders the deck, and it was made willingly.
It was to prove the selfeater is so strong it can carry a deck, and it did - lost to meta versions of MO, but won against most other decks.

If i included Witch apprentices, Bloody Mistress or, Melitele forbid, Mammuna (double Mammuna with Caranthir), i suspect this deck might've even been stronger than the metaversion.

Why is it so strong? Simple. When you swarm the board with a ton of selfeaters, every single relict played after becomes a cheaper bone talisman, but with a body attached and not vulnerable to Yrden.

When does it struggle? Well, against optimized MO, hypercontrol, but most often, when you dont find a way to access selfeaters on R1 and all the deck is built around it and you cant apply pressure. That's the weakness of decks wholly built around a bronze.

PS - Mourntart is obviously perfect for this deck. I tried her with zeal potion before, but i didnt like it, so i switched to defender to protect her, but usually when she pops off, you would win anyway.

View attachment 11244442

View attachment 11244445

View attachment 11244448

I know these arent making a good case on the strength of the deck considering they're 3 defeats, but i assure you the deck wins more than loses, but these were the most impressive swarms.

The 2nd and 3rd screenshot represent weaknesses: like i said, optimized MO beats this, and also when you go against NG and they use the selfeater spam against you with spies.

(Everyone is gonna have nightmares with selfeaters now... Omnomnomming away... I apologize :giveup:)

Props on this - love/hate it, love the creativity but insane that a 6 prov bronze can have a (winning) deck built around it. I'm thinking of adding a layer of Meme with the Unicorn/Chironex combo instead of Ciri!

Of course, as soon as I played it, faced NG who had infinite locks/seizes, and of course Coup De Gras, on all my little self eaters, so as usual when you want to try and explore/ have fun, Gwent's horrible cards crap all over the idea and make you want to launch your PC out the window!

Last edited:
We made it!
6 days, 6 swarm decks.
Here's the last one.

DECKBUILDING STORYLINE:

Just like yesterday's deck, i didnt want to use the obvious choices for swarm for this faction.
And i know, NG is definitely not a faction known for swarm, quite the opposite.

The obvious choices, at least for me, were daerlan soldiers and vrygheff+ vreemde, germain ("cow guy") and slave infantry... Except i've already done these, including versions posted in this very thread (they can be found easily with the index, they are still relevant) - they can be slightly adjusted to include something like bone talismans, for example.

[DECK OF 15-08-21]
[SPAWN MASTER]

SWARM SERIES DECK 6 - NG

The core idea i got for this deck was Idarran. It doesnt swarm as reliably as some of the other decks this week, specially because you can only play Idarran on one round (i didnt consider Renew for him worth the provisions), and he might even get insta-countered.

The result is not very different from the last NG deck i posted, or many of the spy decks going around, but its quite fun nonetheless.

Also, i noticed against MO and NR, its quite easy to swarm more using their own stuff, and those factions are very popular right now, so you get good matchups.

Archgriffin - wheres my Yen Invo when i need it.jpg
Dwarves vs NG Swarm (please dont have Igni).jpg
Filthy Roper (R3).jpg

SWARM WEEK IS OFFICIALLY OVER

Now, Deck of the Day is going on (at least) 1 week break, as im on vacation.
I hope you enjoy trying and adapting these decks, or even making your own swarm deck.
Cheers :beer:

Thank you for posting this thread, made my gwent life alot more fun! I've only tried the waylay deck so far (returned to gwent yesterday) and i've had a ton of fun :3 <3

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Thank you for posting this thread, made my gwent life alot more fun! I've only tried the waylay deck so far (returned to gwent yesterday) and i've had a ton of fun :3 <3
Thank you so much, i love getting positive feedback from new or returning players who have found this thread.

I'll remind there's the index (can be found on 1st post, 1st page) that helps navigate through all available decks as the thread gets longer and harder to explore.

Also, i am open to clarify doubts or evaluate card changes on the decks i posted (although the older deck was posted, the less likely i am to remember all the information about it).

Greetings fellow Gwent Players.
Pardon my extended absence, but fear not, i have not abandoned this thread.
I dont have a deck for today, but i still got a couple of decks to post here during this season - warning: they arent particularly strong, but i will detail their inner works and reasoning why i still wanted to share em.

««Boring Personal Update»»
What was i up to lately? Why no new decks here?
Well, last week i was on a sort of vacation, completely away from Gwent.
This monday, i took a "break" from the vacation and went 3 days to my regular house, to be able to hang out with a friend visiting the country... but also to play Gwent, more specifically, get to Pro Rank.

Usually i dont care about Pro Rank, but this is the season of Draconid, thematically its my favourite (spoiler: my online name reads as Drake, chosen on my early teen years, for the connection with dragons, and not rappers or videogame characters...)
Also, it used to be the month with my favourite seasonal, before they changed seasonal modes to rotate weekly.

Anyway, i wanted to reach pro rank last year's August but wasnt able due to vacationing and other commitments.
And this past June i also wanted to try, but with the PoP expansion part 1 released, i gave priority to making new decks for this thread (back when i had started it recently), since the first couple of weeks after new cards are released are more exciting to build decks and play than the following ones.

Well, this August, PoP part 2 launched, and the same thing almost happened, but this time i wanted to actually try to get to Pro rank. And i dont want to turn this post into a 'I get to Pro Rank!' thing, im not a fan of those mostly due to their amount, and one of the reasons i avoid the subreddit and prefer this forum.

I do NOT recommend this method. As in, trying to rank up later in the season, when the meta is more established. There are other variables, but in general i think players are tryharding more, making it more difficult to rank up.
And of course, there's the counter-argument: the better players get to pro rank immediately, on the first few days, so actually it gets easier later on, as there arent as many good players left in lower ranks. I admit there's some validity there too.

This post is already getting way too long, im sorry, rambling is one of my specialties, it flows naturally :shrug:

I was Rank 1 on Monday, so only the final step left. But i had to play A LOT to do that.
And i refuse to play meta, so obviously no freakin MO relicts, or SY Lined Pockets.
It took me 14-16h, a lot of suffering, partially self-inflicted, because i chose to use the decks i had, the ones i POSTED HERE to do it, instead of making new ones (i thought about using Yrden so much, but in the end didnt need it)

I found most of my decks arent as strong as i thought, and i do understand if players avoid them because of that.
I love meme decks, and i wont stop making them, but i want to have strong decks too once in a while, maybe 25-33% of the total. I will work towards this goal in the future.

To finalize, i will reveal the decks that allowed me to rank up.
I used the "Tony Shaelmaar" to rank 3-1, but that was earlier in the season and went smoothly.

I tried a lot of decks for the 1-0 rank up, but im proud to say the one that did it was a slghtly modified version of 'Red Head Redemption', the SK swarm deck i posted (i added a skjald and a lock), so i reached Pro with my favourite faction, and even better, with the faction considered the weakest atm, like ive always done before, to defy expectations :cool:

When i finally did it, very close to my deadline, that was pressuring me the whole time - dont play like this, under time stress - it was not so much joy but more of a tremendous relief. I dont want to get in Pro anytime soon, quite burned out.

Breaks is important! Play the way you want and dont burn yourself out :)

I'll happily take any deck you'll cook up and try them out :) I love fun decks, regardless of winrate.
So far i tried quadrouple waylay, 18 elves 1 dwarf and non trap artifact ST. (that last one i still gotta win a match with :D)

The quadruple one is my fav so far, but they where all fun!

Keep up the good work, sooner or later i'll learn more about the dynamics of this game, maybe then i can cook up some meme\fun stuff too :3

I bring another NR siege deck. I am a fan of Siege.
There have been many metadecks that included siege throughout the years: siege + draug, siege + blue stripes, siege + patience...
But i like to go 100% Siege, like on this deck.

Note: i am not a fan of the Patience archetype, and i dont have any plans for Patience decks this season, maybe on PoP pt.3
I admit its interesting, and opens several possibilities - ive seen one opponent use an Archgriffin deck, i heatwaved his birdie R1, i was expecting the usual forfeit, but he kept going, buffing his deck, and somehow still ended up winning with a huge Erland R3, i was more delighted than annoyed by that loss.
But with CDPR's balance, control is too oppressive and making these 'sitting ducks' archetypes like Patience is counterproductive.

[DECK OF 27-08-21]
[PING WARFARE]

This deck is a product of my hubris.
I had two cool plans for NR decks (the stockpile+ cooldown units and dwimveandras on siege, and i thought i could make a deck that combined both and work well... Turns out, i cant, as there's too many anti-synergies.

The best use for Dwimveandras on NR are with siege, but with Pincer Maneuver leader - that way you dont need Oneiro, and have guaranteed access to siege. Also, you can mulligan dwimveandras away if your scenario gets heatwaved, so defender is not as necessary either.

I could use snowdrop or that patience mage that lets you mulligan cards on this deck but that would dillute the siege engines pool, that's why i didnt use those.

Also, i wanted to use Queen Adalia for an extra reinforced ballistae, but didnt have the provisions due to Oneiro and defender.
And there's another great pick for a stockpile deck - Rayla, which also works with cooldown - but didnt have the provisions.
I considered using megascopes for even more reinforced ballistae, but ultimately decided it was too slow.

Oh, and NR definitely needs an offensive purify, i dont like to use Heatwave, but in NR i feel like i must.

(EDIT) So, a few hours after i posted this, i notice a new YT video by PlainTalkJon... doing exactly the same thing as this deck! (the dwimveandra version i recommended with Pincer Maneuver, not the weird hybrid version i posted )
i guess great meme minds think alike? :shrug:

Last edited:
Quite ironic that what was supposed to be the first deck of the month ends up being one of the last, perhaps even the last i post here until seasons transition.

It's a Melusine deck, and as a SK main, it was the first thing i built with the sub-expansion, but i did a few matches and did terribly so i put it in a corner and moved to other decks. I thought it was kinda bad, but now i realize i just had really bad luck with the matchups.

I aint saying its really good either. Melusine's main problem is the vulnerability to Heatwave/ Yen Invo, specially when you try to play it 3 times, on 3 rounds, making it the centerpiece of the deck.
Later i found out this isnt something original, many other creators have also gone this route, hence why i wasnt particularly interested in sharing this deck. Still, i am doing it, it would feel wrong not having a Melusine deck in the month its released, and even more when i do like the card.

[DECK OF 30-08-21]
[RAINY DAY]

i dont use Gedy in this deck.
Instead i go with Portal, mostly for the hermits to combo with Melusine, but also Fulmar, which not only synergizes with Melusine but also is a decent backup for the sigdrifa's rites in case Melusine is no longer available - i have been able to win matches even when i never got my Melusine the entire match.

The Fulmar + Nivellen combo isnt entirely my creation. I faced a creative opponent last month who did something similar to me, putting my entire board under storm for the greater part of a 10-turn round 3, and it was so many points of damage i couldnt keep up, so props to that unknown player for the idea.

No deck for today, but im working on one for tomorrow to finish up the season.

Meanwhile, i will do something i had been planning to do for awhile - point out a few of my favourite decks i posted in this thread, who better to do this than the one who definitely tried them all? :ohstopit:
I will focus on the most fun but also the ones that resisted the times and are still viable, maybe with a few adjustments:

- Shield Nova (15th May) - i was never a fan of NR Witchers, but ive always loved NR shields and POGner. So i am curious to revisit this deck, which can be improved due to some provision buffs it got in the past months since its been created. Less NG in the meta makes it more likely to succeed but Nova and a few other cards have been powercrept, so they might not do as well as they did.

- Harpy Arpeggio (17th May) - i love harpy eggs, and this deck was made before there were megascopes, so now the potential for some wacky stuff is even greater.

- Queens and Frigates (22nd May) - i was really proud of this deck. The leader must be replaced for anything stronger, but ive been eager to try Vissegerd + Igni again, specially to counter Relicts which love rowstacking and always get over 35pts so Igni's initiative isnt a problem.

- Wholesome Warriors (24th May) - one of my favourites, as i love Queensguard since beta, even though they're a bit different now.

- Pirate Life for Me (29th May) - this was actually my oldest deck in the deckbuilder, and i played a lot of it in Rank 1 this season, but with a 50% winrate i wasnt getting there. Hopefully the day of the pirates will come in the future!

- GerALLts (15th June) - i love this meme deck, all 7 Geralts. And somehow it got even more viable with a few alterations, due to the cheap relicts MO got in PoP part 2.

- No Trap Artefacts (22nd June) - one of the weirdest, hardest to pilot decks i posted, but somehow i did really well with it, probably lucky. Everytime i lose to ST Spellatael because of their giant Gord with last say, i wish i had Black Blood, one of only 2 ways to counter it (the other being Cahir).

- Healing Row (24th June) - i just love Flaminica and healing, and i probably make too many decks with her, this is the pre-PoP version.

- True Alchemy (30th June) - another deck i love and kept until last week, trying to make it work on Rank 1. Unfortunately, even if uncountered, Living Armor + alchemists somehow still arent enough to pointslam MO relicts. OG alchemist >>> Viper Witcher Alchemist

- Tony Shaelmaar (30th July) - another deck i love, and it was the one i used to breeze through Rank 3 and 2 earlier in the season. 25pt Gord? My 30pt Shaelmaar laughs in yo face!

- Joachimception (8th August) - gotta love replaying a gold 8 times in a match, that is half of the turns in most matches. And it's flexible enough so that you can do it with another target instead of Joachim. I still plan to explore Dwimveandra on other decks, as she was neglected by most creators.

Top Bottom