Could CDPR be developing third-person mode for Cyberpunk 2077?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The TPP mod does not work well, the camera does not rotate around V - the TPP view could be at least when walking, exploring the city, the rest could be unchanged. That would be a nice gesture for players, primarily as a reward for waiting endlessly first for the game, then for the patches, and finally for the DLC. In 2023? This is some kind of joke. Therefore, TPP is not a proposal but an obligation.

The 2018 gameplay included cutscenes from TTP and the current game has cutscenes from TTP at the end, we have cars and motorbikes from TTP, it means there was no intention of the whole game being designed as FTP, just such an idea, unfortunately, appeared in production. A shooter game like Far Cry might be FTP, but another role-playing game, where shooting isn't necessary at all, when our V is a netrunner, doesn't need a gun at all, so the TTP view would be better suited. Besides, why do we need such an extensive system of creating a character that we do not see throughout the game ??? The character wizard is not needed for the FTP game. Cyberpunk 2077 deserves the TTP, leaving everything else aside.

Guest 3847602

- 2018 demo featured 2 transitional custcenes, even then, every conversation that offered dialogue options was in first person, not third person
- in September 2019 there was the official announcement saying that the game will be almost 100% in first person; that's 15 months before the game came out
- from the start, they have dismissed the possibility of TPP toggle

Therefore: people who can't stand FPP games should have known better than to buy FPP game and bellyache about the lack of TPP for 2 years.

Besides, why do we need such an extensive system of creating a character that we do not see throughout the game ??? The character wizard is not needed for the FTP game.
Needed ? matter of perspective... Liked ? for sure by many players :D
(3K posts and about 260K views for something "useless" ? It seem weird, isn't it)

The FTP view of this game is a trade-off, not a decision. The game was announced in 2012 and the FTP decision was made in 2019, and it is obvious that this was due to the fact that TIME RAN OUT and many things in the game. Role-playing game with an FTP view is a misunderstanding. If the FTP view were intended, then there would be no such extensive character creator. And it's not an immersion not to see your character throughout the game. FTP is just shooters and only there they make sense and I don't play such games, because I don't like FTP and I suffer from the unsuccessful FTP in Cyberpunk. And now how are developers supposed to attract players who know this unfinished game length and width? Cyberpunk has nothing to offer us anymore. So what does CDPR want to hold on to when the DLC is going to be next year? Only the TTP view could do that, as it would be an incentive to re-play the game from this new proper TTP view.

The FTP view of this game is a trade-off, not a decision. The game was announced in 2012 and the FTP decision was made in 2019, and it is obvious that this was due to the fact that TIME RAN OUT and many things in the game. Role-playing game with an FTP view is a misunderstanding. If the FTP view were intended, then there would be no such extensive character creator. And it's not an immersion not to see your character throughout the game. FTP is just shooters and only there they make sense and I don't play such games, because I don't like FTP and I suffer from the unsuccessful FTP in Cyberpunk. And now how are developers supposed to attract players who know this unfinished game length and width? Cyberpunk has nothing to offer us anymore. So what does CDPR want to hold on to when the DLC is going to be next year? Only the TTP view could do that, as it would be an incentive to re-play the game from this new proper TTP view.
Just > :shrug:
Anyway, as we say in france "hope brings life" :)
(I hope for you that Cyberpunk gods will hear you more than me, I always hoped to be able to play TW3 in FPP... but 7 year later, no FPP. I suppose it's mainly because the game is not intended to be played in FPP like Cyberpunk in TPP^^)

Guest 3847602

The game was announced in 2012 and the FTP decision was made in 2019, and it is obvious that this was due to the fact that TIME RAN OUT and many things in the game.
Nope, it was way earlier - in 2016. 2019 was the year when they've said "no TPP cutscenes". No gameplay footage was shown prior to 2018 demo. Whether CP2077 will utilize 1st or 3rd person perspective (or both) have not been disclosed to the public prior to 2018.
At no point did anyone at CDPR claim or hint at TPP combat or TPP freeroaming in Cyberpunk. Never.
Role-playing game with an FTP view is a misunderstanding.
Neither FPP nor TPP nor cutscenes is what defines role playing games. If there really is a perspective that's synonymous with RPGs it would be the isometric camera, not over-the-shoulder camera.
And it's not an immersion not to see your character throughout the game.
I don't see myself for 99% of the day. I'm still finding real life very immersive. :shrug:

Game and life is a diffrent. Immersion in game isn't FTP view, this is like in Watch Dogs - Aiden could drink coffee, could go to sleep in hiding place. You're trying to convince me that FTP is the best immersion because that's what it is in life. And the purpose of the game is to feel into a different life, and in order for it to be possible, you have to be able to see your character, whom you create with many details. And so, this whole range of clothes is also unnecessary. There is no need for a character creator at all. It might as well have been imposed any character, because what interests me is the appearance of a character I CAN'T SEE THROUGHOUT THE GAME.

I CAN'T SEE THROUGHOUT THE GAME.
Unfortunate for you indeed, but not for everybody... hence "matter of tastes".
For me, even if I can't see my "V", I choose my hairstyle, my clothes, my tattoos, my skin color, my eyes color... (the same in Skyrim, Fallout, Outer World or every game which provide a character creator and are in FTP)
So even if you prefer TTP (more immersive, more fun to play, more whatever...), it doesn't imply that it's "better" nor "that every game" must do it. If I didn't like TTP at all, I wouldn't buy nor play TW3, Mass Effect or all kind of games with "only" TPP (and above all, I wouldn't complain about the lack of TTP in these games...)

Easy as that :)

Just another thread (for infos)

Edit : And like @ooodrin said previously, if RPGs were defined by the type of view, all the RPGs would look like that :
DOS2.jpg

Last edited:
There is so much talk about CP77 not having TPP. Seems there are many players disappointed. I just want to say that there are also players happy to play in first person. In fact it is something I really like about the game and I can't imagine it being otherwise. Hope it will stay like that!!! :)

I do not complain about FPP in Far Cry, Dishonnored, this view fits there, there is no character creator, which is followed by curiosity about the appearance of the character and how it fares in the game itself. Cyberpunk is not a game like Far Cry or Dishonnored, it's a game like The Witcher, it's RPG where TPP is crucial to immersion, I don't understand why it's so hard to understand. The plot of this game actually requires a TPP view, FPP is imposed, it is artificial and does not fit the game at all.

I do not complain about FPP in Far Cry, Dishonnored, this view fits there, there is no character creator, which is followed by curiosity about the appearance of the character and how it fares in the game itself. Cyberpunk is not a game like Far Cry or Dishonnored, it's a game like The Witcher, it's RPG where TPP is crucial to immersion, I don't understand why it's so hard to understand. The plot of this game actually requires a TPP view, FPP is imposed, it is artificial and does not fit the game at all.
How would TPP be crucial for immersion ? This is an assertion that requires arguments. Or maybe it's just a personal preference and in that case, TPP is crucial for immersion ONLY from your point of view. Dishonored is FPP and an immersive sim. In fact, immersive sim games most often are in FPP, and they are immersive for sure.

Why would a RPG in particular require a TPP ? Only to see the back of the character ? Is it immersive to see the character's back ? When you play a pen&paper RPG, you don't see your character at all, you can only imagine him, it's not the character's appearance that makes the immersion. In a video game, it's even the opposite, the TPP dissociates the player and the character, that's a argument. If you prefer to play in TPP, I can understand that, but if there are no arguments, I simply don't see the connection with immersion.

The game is also a shooter, so FPP completely fits. C2077 is not even called a RPG by the way, but an action adventure game.

GoW, Horizon ..., The Witcher, Mass Effect, AC serie and etc. with TPP do you not like them? Do you only play FPP games? Immersion is not only about first-person perspective, it is about feeling the game through human reflexes. Immersion in Cyberpunk is limited to FPP only, so it cancels the immersion in my opinion and others like me. Look for movies on YT, it's full of it. Immersion in Cyberpunk even with FPP would be if many things in the game were not limited to story scenes, for example, why can't we order a room at Sunset Motel while exploring Badlands? Why can't we order a drink and drink it when we see the hand grabbing the glass? Why can't we stay overnight in the car? Why can't we sit on the ripperdoc chairs? There is no animation for these scenes, and this animation is immersive when our character performs such simple actions, clicking on a drink or on a map of implants is not an immersion. It was supposed to be a breakthrough game, so things should be in it, as well as the choice of FPP or TPP view, but there is no time for everything, the game is unfinished and has already been abandoned by its creators, but they do not have the courage to admit it to us yet. I have no illusions, we will not see TPP as well as any DLC. I enjoyed talking to you, but my adventure with CP is over. Best wishes.

As it stands, I'd rather see a 3rd person thing in Photomode. At least. Otherwise, I am happy with the game being 1st person only. Honestly? I hope they don't go MP.

Figured I'd better explain this comment a bit better.....I see where it can be confusing because there is already (technically) a 3rd person camera in Photomode. I mean, when you interact with something and want to take a pic of you doing it while in Photomode. Like playing the guitar in my Japantown apartment and so forth. ;)

Last edited:
I believe there was a thread about the exact same topic posted a very long while ago and...
Those who really hope about third person view maybe have to realize that is a first person view game and only intended to be played in first person (in the same way as TW3 is intended to be played in third person view...)
At least, modders maybe can do the job but I don't believe that CDPR will add any "official" third person view in the game, never :)
Indeed. I don't get why people always want same things in different games. The strength of CDPR's IPs is the difference between third person mediaeval age, and first person shooter in dystopian world.

The plot of this game actually requires a TPP view, FPP is imposed, it is artificial and does not fit the game at all.
"Require" and "not fit the game at all" for you...
Something which is totally matter of taste/preference and totally subjective :)
"First person view only" in Cyberpunk is an artistic choice from CDPR (nothing to do with "because it's cheaper" or "because the lack of time"... it's definitly not the case^^), exactly like it was an artistic choice in TW3 to provide only a third person view.
I don't know how difficult to understand it is :rolleyes:

So if I have the choice I always choose to play in first person. And if there is only third person, I deal with it ;)
(how great it could be to fight reapers in first person in Mass Effect... But apparently, Devs don't think so and that their choice)

Last edited:
So if I have the choice I always choose to play in first person. And if there is only third person, I deal with it ;)
(how great it could be to fight reapers in first person in Mass Effect... But apparently, Devs don't think so and that their choice)

This is essentially what this entire debate boils down to. Again.... and what it'll boil down to in it's next iteration 2 months from now.

The game has been out for over a year. If third person hasn't happened by now, it will not happen.

It's time to get over it or move on people. Stop beating this dead horse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom