Could CDPR be developing third-person mode for Cyberpunk 2077?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing lots of excuses here. It's really quite simple though. Capcom listens to their fans, CDPR doesn't.
Still no wanted system. Ragdoll is still broken. No Transmog system. No new game+. All of this and they have the audacity to move more than half their team to the Witcher 4? All I have to say is 1.6 better be one hell of a improvement otherwise I'm most likely skipping on the expansion until it's dirt cheap. Going back to play Elden Ring.

Hearing lots of excuses here. It's really quite simple though. Capcom listens to their fans, CDPR doesn't.
Still no wanted system. Ragdoll is still broken. No Transmog system. No new game+. All of this and they have the audacity to move more than half their team to the Witcher 4? All I have to say is 1.6 better be one hell of a improvement otherwise I'm most likely skipping on the expansion until it's dirt cheap. Going back to play Elden Ring.

I'm sorry, where did you hear half the team to Witcher 4? That is simply not true. As of April 30th (via Q1 reports), the overwhelming majority is working on the expansion. It's basically a skeleton crew that's working on Witcher 4 and other projects too. Well, don't the let door hit you the way out.

Plus, at a certain point they may just want to stick to their guns and say hey this was our vision this is our game (...)

i don't think any dev of CP77 will ever say this... because it would have been like in the promo footage or podcasts before release and that won't be the case ever. it's more like "hopefully a solid fix overall. on to the next one." - Taking all the learnings from CP77 and try to execute them on a brand new title.

Guest 3847602

What is the irony:
It's like goldy and bronzy, only it's made out of iron.
Also:
Accusing others of not listening when you're awful listener yourself.

For example: a game studio (let's call them "DVD Program Scarlet") states their intention to make FPP-only game. Loudly and clearly. For the next 2.5 years they keep repeating "we're stacking with our decision and that's that". Game finally comes out and it's... *le gasp*... FPP- only game.
Person "X" hates FPP, but buys the game regardless. Person "X" complains for the next 1.5 years about the game being FPP-only. Person "X" keeps accusing "DVD Program Scarlet" of being the one who's not listening. :giggle:

I recall people saying that Sasko had said (I didn't catch the stream myself) something along the lines of sometimes people ask for things that will not be done, but they make the developers think about related things that could be done.

I don't know if he actually said that, and obviously it's quite a mystical statement, but one possible way to interpret that is that they are not going to make a game designed for first person third, but they might look at things like reflections.

As for fan demands being the word of God, if some "fans" got what they wanted from Cyberpunk you'd end up with a generic GTA clone called "the pointless and artistically bankrupt adventures of Jackie and V". So, no thanks(!).

Im more in the camp of give us more FOV instead. I dunno why but i get a weird feeling whenever i play Cp2077 for any lenghty time.. The FOV is just way too narrow, so i tryed too mod it and as soon as you go over 110 it becomes a fisheye lens(even 110 makes you use the odd arms). Think it has too do with the way they did models/camera (another reason i doubt a tpp will ever come, the model for V is very very odd ^^).

Even at 100 Fov you can see some odd behavior of arms in some reload animations.. They bend in the most fun ways ^^

i don't think any dev of CP77 will ever say this... because it would have been like in the promo footage or podcasts before release and that won't be the case ever. it's more like "hopefully a solid fix overall. on to the next one." - Taking all the learnings from CP77 and try to execute them on a brand new title.

Right about mistakes, and glitches, and things that do and do not work.... But This wasn't a mistake or glitch or error or misleading statement... IT was a creative decision. standing by a creative Decision is not the same as not learning from mistakes.

And again, I would enjoy a 3rd person camera so I can admire my V's style when walking around the city sure. In fallout I tend to explore in 3rd person and switch to 1st when its time for combat. But still they very clearly stated their intention for this game to be a 1st person game and there is nothing wrong with them keeping to that if they choose to. There is also nothing wrong with fanservice if they decide to add 3rd person later on.

But sticking to creative choices and not learning from mistakes are two very different things, It's not like 1st person ruins the game, and it's not like we didn't all know what we were getting in regards to that.

Personally, I hope they aren't working on third-person mode. The FPP in CP77 is one of the few things that I personally think is great and makes the game much more immersive. After playing CP77 I immediately started looking for Skyrim mods that would turn every TPP action (like smithing, mining, etc.) into a FPP one. I would rather want for CDPR to work more on FPP - add some more animations (like eating or drinking at ta bar) and better adjust some already existing actions (for me it's mostly driving the car, though 1.5 was already a big step forawrd in making it more enjoyable in FPP, some vehicles are still a bit hard to steer in FPP).

Personally, I hope they aren't working on third-person mode. The FPP in CP77 is one of the few things that I personally think is great and makes the game much more immersive. After playing CP77 I immediately started looking for Skyrim mods that would turn every TPP action (like smithing, mining, etc.) into a FPP one. I would rather want for CDPR to work more on FPP - add some more animations (like eating or drinking at ta bar) and better adjust some already existing actions (for me it's mostly driving the car, though 1.5 was already a big step forawrd in making it more enjoyable in FPP, some vehicles are still a bit hard to steer in FPP).
So immersion for you is different than immersion for me. I like to see my character interacting, talking, emoting. We're both right. I don't mind fighting in first person, but would have really liked cutscenes to have been in third person. For some people though, first person can make them disoriented and dizzy. Thankfully I'm not one of those people.

I would love to say "never say never..."
Third Person Mode has proven itself to be one of ithe most wanted "simple" feature for the game & yes it actually affect future sales imo. I would say if CDPR already have a solid foundation on the "animation" part, they would have added TPP mode easily after launch already. BUT UNFORTUNATELY, this is not the case as the FPP mode build on a quite terrible motion moveset animation imo, including deliberate floatiness & missed renders on certain body parts. Because of this, the modders having a hard time to make TPP mode looks "presentable" & only just recently the TPP mod looks rather adequate (walk animation for the most part).

Modders are the true heroes for CP2077 community imo. They have reached so many milestones as of late. Especially with the recent FLYING CAR MOD. These varieties of new contents/milestones clearly still unreachable by CDPR, whatever they might be doing with this game so far. CDPR probably would never gonna reach those stuffs too since the support for this game still in a shaky future...

Just take a look at No Man's Sky, if an Indie devs that fvkked up bad can redeemed themselves while also adding TPP mode to compliment the new contents, especially character customization, then CDPR could definitely do it regardless of time & money. It's all basically comes down to their own eagerness/laziness or design principal or biggest of all reason, the "monetary" reasons...

BEST CASE SCENARIO: TPP mode feature added on Enhanced edition or alongside expansion.
WORST CASE SCENARIO: Literally nothing change, not even some of the ugly animation while on FPP mode.

I'm sure it's been said already but......

Comparing what modders are doing to what the company is doing is a little unfair (Some exceptions clearly apply). A modder can put out a new version of their mod every few months, or weeks even, and it can be just barely passable with some improvements each version and people will love it or applaud it, and the parts of the mod that are broken people will excuse as "well it's just a mod it won't be perfect"

If a developer takes that approach of piecemealing out content/fixes/features, and they don't work right out the gate, they get torn apart. So saying CDPR is taking too long to do what modders have already done is a little bit much. Saying CDPR should be looking at these mods and seeing if there is a way to properly implement official versions that work better into the game is fine. All devs should take a look at the modding community and find inspiration for add on content and sequel projects. Bethesda which has it's issues at least is somewhat forward thinking on this they even make Console modding possible, granted not the same way PC modding happens but still.

But back to my point, saying "There is a mod that does this and it's a little broken but at least it's there, why hasn't CDPR done it?" that's crazy. For all we know they are doing it, but all those animations and controls and features need to be perfect especially after how the game launched so If it is in the works they should not rush it at all. IF they drop a surprise 3rd person mode, and it's broken, the backlash would be insane and none of the leeway given to mods would be given to CDPR. So if it is happening, its going to happen when it's ready and not in the "coming when it's ready" from the original trailer way, but like actually ready with 98% perfect functionality.

I'm sure it's been said already but......

Comparing what modders are doing to what the company is doing is a little unfair (Some exceptions clearly apply). A modder can put out a new version of their mod every few months, or weeks even, and it can be just barely passable with some improvements each version and people will love it or applaud it, and the parts of the mod that are broken people will excuse as "well it's just a mod it won't be perfect"

If a developer takes that approach of piecemealing out content/fixes/features, and they don't work right out the gate, they get torn apart. So saying CDPR is taking too long to do what modders have already done is a little bit much. Saying CDPR should be looking at these mods and seeing if there is a way to properly implement official versions that work better into the game is fine. All devs should take a look at the modding community and find inspiration for add on content and sequel projects. Bethesda which has it's issues at least is somewhat forward thinking on this they even make Console modding possible, granted not the same way PC modding happens but still.

But back to my point, saying "There is a mod that does this and it's a little broken but at least it's there, why hasn't CDPR done it?" that's crazy. For all we know they are doing it, but all those animations and controls and features need to be perfect especially after how the game launched so If it is in the works they should not rush it at all. IF they drop a surprise 3rd person mode, and it's broken, the backlash would be insane and none of the leeway given to mods would be given to CDPR. So if it is happening, its going to happen when it's ready and not in the "coming when it's ready" from the original trailer way, but like actually ready with 98% perfect functionality.
Spot on.

Even if they have a wonderful level of expertise and experience, a modder is working in an amateur capacity. (Amatuers can be experts!) They are not under contract. They are not under workload. And they do not have deadlines. They also don't have laundry lists of hundreds or thousands of issues that they're responsible for in order to earn a paycheck and a living. Very easy for people that don't actually understand what someone's job entails to look at a single, tiny detail and assume that's the whole canvas.

Also, modders will very often employ techniques that create issues in other places within the game. Modders don't have to account for this, and they don't need to even care about it. An official programmer cannot knowingly add an issue into the game to fix something else. They need to find another way, or just leave things alone.

And most mods are preferences. A lot of the things people want to call "broken" or "bugs" are not. They're just handled in ways that some player don't like. Studios are not required to cater to people's whims. (If you simply don't like the way something works...you can make a mod!)

Except nothing what you say makes any sense. Programmers break the game constantly. This is why you have QA testers. You can't just wave your hand and dismiss what modders have done. I'd even say modders are more careful considering their REP within the community. They can't afford to break someone's game with some shitty mod. I've yet to find a single mod that broke or made the game worse. I can think of numerous times this happened with a CDPR official patch before it was later fixed or not in a hotfix. The main difference with CDPR and modders is simple. They're 100% dedicated individuals and CDPR is ran by big corpo committees thinking about the bottom line not the player.

Guest 3847602

They can't afford to break someone's game with some shitty mod. I've yet to find a single mod that broke or made the game worse.
Oh, sure... :coolstory:

90% of game-breaking bugs in TW3 were caused by players using this mod. And those 3 examples used in the video are not the only ones.
Just to be clear, this mod is not shitty, but it can absolutely break the game if it's used during main quests.

90% of game-breaking bugs in TW3 were caused by players using this mod. And those 3 examples used in the video are not the only ones.
Yep, recent thread about that :)
CET in 1.31 (fixed now, I believe).
CET too (I hope fixed now too).

Last edited:
The Third Person mod does occasionally flatline my game or make it misbehave. It's also a very temperamental mod that can just not work sometimes.

The Third Person mod does occasionally flatline my game or make it misbehave. It's also a very temperamental mod that can just not work sometimes.
Not suprised, i checked it out when it came out but back then it was horrible too see ^^ Game wasent really made for seeing V in game exept for ending and photo mode where it loads another model.

Just to be clear, this mod is not shitty, but it can absolutely break the game if it's used during main quests.
I can confirm that there were literally endless problems that we saw due to this mod. Certain quests were apparently breakable even when using the in-game fast travel points at the wrong moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom