Patch Notes 10.5

+
I was under the impression that Forgotten treasures is a card drop, is there an official confirmation that it's a larger expansion?

I realised later that this isn't entirely accurate. The need for Inspired does slow down the replay with Necromancy or Teleportation, but not enough. A leader ability charge is all that's needed to bypass this and have it work again immediately.

The real issue here is how card abilities behave in the graveyard, which in some cases is just plain silly. TP should lose her charges upon entering the graveyard, in the same way Patience values should be reset, and units should not have their Veteran ability triggered whilst in the graveyard. This last one is particularly ludicrous - think about what it actually means. A soldier becomes a veteran by staying alive, not dying!

And yes, I had forgotten about Highland Warlord. Another absolutely stupid card, and one they could so easily have fixed. Make his deploy an order, give the unit doomed, limit the deploy ability to working once per card per match, anything!
There are a bunch of cards that you can float on the board that will give TP a boost or zeal when played. Actually, NR has an insane amount of them, and with the change to Thunderbolt, there are even more now. Sure, technically those can be removed, but there is a limit on how much removal you can run.

It's a nerf, we can agree on that. TP isn't completely unconditional anymore, but I doubt that this nerf will push it from the throne. TP was utterly OP before, now she will "just" be the best deck in the game.

Kinda shady pricing each character's premium journey separately. A bit greedy at 10$ a pop, when it expires in 3 months or whatever.:rolleyes:

BIG QUESTION: Why is it a card rework and not a card drop? Why do you delete cards from the game? I'm not a big fan of the removed cards but maybe some people were, and if those people weren't many, why not buff the cards instead of just tossing them away? Does it really cost so much to have an artist draw an new illustration? There are plenty talented fine arts people looking for work these days, aren't there?

Always happy to see new cards but why does it have to come at a cost of deleting old cards?

Am I correctly observing that there are no journey rewards (not even the two reward points) for completing journey beyond level 100?

I agree with @starrzz
Gonna miss my 4 for 7 Spears. They were already pretty meh without old Cadaverine, but still :sad:
Am I correctly observing that there are no journey rewards (not even the two reward points) for completing journey beyond level 100?
If not counting the contracts (old and new ones) yes, there’s no reward.

It is a lazy patch as expected, because last month there was a card drop.

With the changes this month I really don't like Vanadain boost. (n) Now it is going to be more consistent and even more pain in the ass.

New Sihil will be OP in the right hands. I just hope that netdeckers will not have the feeds too soon to copy those decks.

All other changes are... peculiar? Yeah, I think that's the right word. Let's see how these reworked cards perform. By the way, I am all up for reworking dead cards rather than keep introducing new cards as someone suggested above. The pool of cards is tremendous already.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Oh boy, One more entre month playing against Golden nekker decks, with a singke adjustment in The provision nerf from ring.

The same goes for the priestess deck and The adjustment for AA provision nerf. (here, at least, they should be inspired to zeal, but its not that dificult)
Post automatically merged:

About sihil. Really, you guys played that card to see if its vale 12 provision?

Its 1 damage (or 2) per turn, considering you need to play bronze units.

So, without iniciative, for 12 provision value you need to play 12 bronze units. Since usually you play 16 cards, that means you will only play 4 golds The entre game.

Lets say you get iniciative in One turn, it wont (problably) happens in turn 1, so lets say it happens im turn 3.

You need to play 8 bronze units to get acess to 13 points damage.

Aaaah and we cant forget it needs to trigger deathblow, wich is way more dificult.

OK devs, Nice joke with this card

Im afraid you were dead off on your sihil rework, im currently watching Shinmiri play it Sihil, and from a few other comments here in the forum, i can see he's not the only one and the card is already starting to stand out.

It might become one of those toxic cards that dominate and ruin a meta.

hello guys, I know is off topic but I am having a problem playing on PC in the last few days, kepps getting connection lost just before starting to play against nother player...it is not a internet problem , by the way if I play on mobile works just fine...anyone has a suggestion?
sorry again for the off topic
thanks

Like the overwhelming majority of people in these threads, I too am extremely disappointed at the lack of balancing around last patch's newly introduced absolutely broken cards.

The ring got a bit nerfed, I would say not enough, but at least it's something. But we are still left with the priestess, which isn't even remotely fixed, as others have pointed out, this will not affect this card much, if at all. I can't even remember the last time I saw a Fucusya, because why would put her in the deck when you can just get her for 8p with this idiotic compass?

These nekker decks plagued the entire ladder last season and it was the most broken patch I've ever seen since pre-nerf Gerni, because of it I didn't play for most of the season.

I am probably beating a dead horse, but me and many others would also like to see Wild Hunt get some proper attention for once, not like last time where it got to be a T3 deck for one season then slowly fade out next to all these new broken cards.

Like the overwhelming majority of people in these threads, I too am extremely disappointed at the lack of balancing around last patch's newly introduced absolutely broken cards.

The ring got a bit nerfed, I would say not enough, but at least it's something. But we are still left with the priestess, which isn't even remotely fixed, as others have pointed out, this will not affect this card much, if at all. I can't even remember the last time I saw a Fucusya, because why would put her in the deck when you can just get her for 8p with this idiotic compass?

These nekker decks plagued the entire ladder last season and it was the most broken patch I've ever seen since pre-nerf Gerni, because of it I didn't play for most of the season.

I am probably beating a dead horse, but me and many others would also like to see Wild Hunt get some proper attention for once, not like last time where it got to be a T3 deck for one season then slowly fade out next to all these new broken cards.
It hasn't fully caught on yet, but I think Sihil is now even more broken than these.

The journeys are infinite, it does not expire in 3 months, you have all the time in the world. you can choose only to buy the 2nd premium journey in 6 or 7 months if you want

Sorry tried to quote someone but apparently I do not know how it works on the forum

I don't know if I am the only person who plays Gwent on Steam Deck, but after patch 10.5 it doesn't launch at all :(

Hi!

I've been trying to buy Ciri's Prem Journey since yesterday (from the EU), but I keep getting the "Something went wrong" and "payment was declined" messages - from the Gwent in-game store (allowed Overlay), Galaxy Store and gog.com (cookies, pop-ups enabled etc.).
I've tried using two different cards - one was used in Galaxy 2022 April, the other in 2022 March - both with sufficient cash on them. Also tried buying another game from the two latter - same result.

Could someone help me with this?

Nothing new here. Not enough (or total lack of) needed balance changes, introductions of a few quite dubious ones (seriously, Sihil?!). I can only hope it's not some plateau of agony. "Meta" players can rejoice, though - it remains almost the same, rotting and poisoning what's left of the game.
But yay - shield and spear are usable again!

Deathwish still feels underwhelming not overwhelming. Giant Turds don't feel giant either, these could have used a buff to 4 pwr. OH can use that 3rd charge again. Brewess is meh. Larvas can go back to 5 prov. Most deathwish bronzes are bad.
Post automatically merged:

Also i played ST Call of Harmony and i would only recommend it if you like losing.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yesterday i had a blast targetting the poor bastards who are using Sihil on ladder, being as obnoxious as possible and making their life miserable by countering every move. :ohstopit:

I was using a NG soldiers deck (for the extra armor) with plenty of boosts, plus the leader charge boosts, and one of my favourite bronzes: slave infantry, which just loves 1pt units on my side of the board. I guarantee you its a 100% winrate against sihil decks, they have 0 chances.
Against a couple of my opponents, they never got sihil past 1 damage the entire match. And i made another forfeit after he used sihil on a 2pt unit but it only did 1dmg because he broke the initiative the turn before so it didnt bump up the damage.

----------------------------------------------------

While everyone is trying to abuse Sihil, i also focused on one of my favourite cards that got a buff: Hen Gaidth Sword.
Its amazing now, but still balanced. The text is confusing AF but i explain how it works:

You hit an enemy target for 5 dmg. If it doesnt kill it, it SPAWNS a copy of that unit.
If you do kill it, the sword goes to your graveyard, and with echo next round you draw it. Then you can do 5dmg again, no need for deathblow, and it SPAWNS AND PLAYS that unit you killed the round before.
Its strong but since most good units only come out R3, its hard to "steal their souls" on a good target early, to be used later.

Top Bottom