Character Customization!

+

i want tattoos like him

Ghandi said:
A man is the sum of his actions, of what he has done, of what he can do, Nothing else.

Taking inspiration from this iconic statement, I think characters in 2077 should be affected, (physically and mentally,) by the results of their actions.
Game of Thrones, (the RPG,) gave characters 'traits', which applied both positive and negative affects, when the player made choices and took actions.
Fable gave a visual indication of the Characters Karmic state, again dictated by the players actions.

I hope CDPR can take that concept and blow us away with their vision.

Perhaps you could buy clothing or tattoos that use nano scale color controls. Then you could have animated patters or movies and stuff.

I was wantching some old sci fi earlier, and one thing I truly hate, is when the cyber or what not is covered by skin, it looks normal and in proportion, then the skin gets ripped off and whats underneath is huge and clunky, and would no way have looked like that covered in skin... Old anime and 80's sci-fi was horrible about this, but it started with Metropolis...

I love Eve Online and seeing the ABP reloaded that also look great to let the players make their ideal hero. For me seeing my original hero on screen makes the story that more engaging I can actually forgive shortfalls because its my hero in the scene but it also makes the best moments more full filling. For me the more realistic I can make my hero with a touch of fantasy the better.

Customization engines I liked

Eve Online - as many have said a wonderful engine too bad they waste this by placing you on a ship all day I can't wrap my head around this give a great engine and have you sit in a lobby all day.

APB - looks just as great as EVE but has some more abilities like making your own tatoos and placing them how you want on the body and clothing. Making your clothing from scratch, specifically toning or tearing your clothing as you see fit.

Mass Effect 1 - This is on the other scale a pre determined body but custom head decent options and tweaking of faical features is very nice

KoA: The reckoning - similar to ME but more fantasy based it was again custom head on pre-determined body but the choices where less realistic and more fun.

Dragons Dogma - This is in the middle players can choose from several pre determined body types with models shown in their clothing so players can quickly tell just what they're getting, unique selective hair styles, they do allow for some basic tweaking of color, eyes, and lips to name a few the system was well done for a middle ground system in the end you could mix any hair, eye, with any body type and make very unique characters.

I'd prefer the most freedom possible like EVE but mixing the systems could also make for an customization system worth exploring. Whatever system they use would be determined by how sandbox vs predetermined the story is.

I agree with other poster who state they'd also like a customization system for their cybernetic parts. I would like to go EVE body detailing to decide what parts go where and what do they look like what I mean by look like is I could decide do I get parts that look like Adam Jensen's all sleek and deathly or do I get parts that look like the bling drug dealers in the same game their parts are gold, low grade, but still hold an appeal visually or would they be flesh based like Kusanagi's where its indistinguishable from human until revealed otherwise. Changing the add ons colors or the tone of the whole say arm would be neat too. This menu can be reaccessed at

Taking inspiration from this iconic statement, I think characters in 2077 should be affected, (physically and mentally,) by the results of their actions.
Game of Thrones, (the RPG,) gave characters 'traits', which applied both positive and negative affects, when the player made choices and took actions.
Fable gave a visual indication of the Characters Karmic state, again dictated by the players actions.

I hope CDPR can take that concept and blow us away with their vision.

I didn't mind too much when Fable gave the light and dark indication but I hated how good was too angelic and evil was just a demon I always did the middle road because either extreme karmic representation was just that too much and visually and immersion breaking. Maybe your hero gets wrinkles if too evil but I'd avoid the glowing eyes and skin like ME2 did.

I didn't mind too much when Fable gave the light and dark indication but I hated how good was too angelic and evil was just a demon I always did the middle road because either extreme karmic representation was just that too much and visually and immersion breaking. Maybe your hero gets wrinkles if too evil but I'd avoid the glowing eyes and skin like ME2 did.

Well, perhaps some actions could 'unlock' karma style visual upgrades. No glowing eyes/cracked skin though, for me. And no dodgy angel wings and stuff.

I do want to see battle scars and physical evidence of substance abuse.

Well, perhaps some actions could 'unlock' karma style visual upgrades. No glowing eyes/cracked skin though, for me. And no dodgy angel wings and stuff.

Yeah scars could look awesome so long as they don't glow I'd actually start showing them off .

Customization differences by zone. For instance, in most of the city you would have standard options. Normal and edge wear clothes, but in Nomad areas the clothing would be leathers and football pads, the mad max/Fallout look. In a Corporate Section the clothing stores would offer suits and high end fashion.

If simplistic games like PS2's The Urbz can have this feature, it oughta be a breeze for CP2077 to utilize it.

right, i hate that glowing eyes/cracked skin shit in mass effect....

Pffft! BAH!!! Karma my a$$!
Reputation through your actions is more cyberpunkish than this "karma"!
You're there fore correct!

Pffft! BAH!!! Karma my a$$!
Reputation through your actions is more cyberpunkish than this "karma"!
You're there fore correct!

A karma system can work well in many games - but I think having an explicit morality system resulting in visible changes is a bit old fashioned. I'd rather rely on good character creation and development than incentives. If you want to make your character pretty, then choose a high charisma and personal grooming. If you want to wear your Omar-scar, even better. If you want to pay for plastic surgery, then pay for it. Let's not have the 'catch the robber' missions to assist vanity projects. The individualistic future of cyberpunk does not, to me anyway, fit a system which gives incentives to play nice.

In a sense, if you can pay money to get a new cyber arm, it''ll be easy enough to buy a new face, or big butt cheeks, or a pop up arm cannon, or whatever you want.

Top Bottom