Character Customization!

+
Screw smartphones, release a collectors edition with a neural hub so we can brain dive matrix style and live in night city.

I want to play as a loli

My favorite little cyborg.

That reminds me, it would be really cool to be able to get a little protege like that.. Teaching them, training them, showing them how to survive and making them work for you.. Someone that you can take under your wings and someone your can mentor depending on your character and depending on how you treat her. (If your character is an backstabbing asshole, she will act like that, if your character is kind, honest hero, she will act like that instead.)

There are many examples of this, (mostly in anime and some tv shows) but i can't think of any at the moment..

That reminds me, it would be really cool to be able to get a little protege like that.. Teaching them, training them, showing them how to survive and making them work for you.. Someone that you can take under your wings and someone your can mentor depending on your character and depending on how you treat her. (If your character is an backstabbing asshole, she will act like that, if your character is kind, honest hero, she will act like that instead.)

There are many examples of this, (mostly in anime and some tv shows) but i can't think of any at the moment..

Eeeh... not too much of a fan of having kid sidekicks specially in a realistic setting, and specially in a setting where it's all guns and blades (and blades that don't act like blunt objects like in JPRGs or shonen manganime), and specially in a setting that's too much like our world and our set of "probable experiences"... with postapocalyptic and stuff you can kind of justify that if you're very careful with the way you do it or say it but with cyberpunk...

whats that manga/anime

Not really a manga or an anime, just an illustration by an artist by the pen name of Sukabu who appeared on our Cyberpunk artworks gallery topic (don't miss it! And don't hesitate to contribute with your finds!). Here's his gallery at pixiv (which I didn't link you guys to until now, gonna edit the post where it originally appeared).

Eeeh... not too much of a fan of having kid sidekicks specially in a realistic setting, and specially in a setting where it's all guns and blades (and blades that don't act like blunt objects like in JPRGs or shonen manganime), and specially in a setting that's too much like our world and our set of "probable experiences"... with postapocalyptic and stuff you can kind of justify that if you're very careful with the way you do it or say it but with cyberpunk...

yeah that and the current state of companion AI is stupid as hell.

Not really a manga or an anime, just an illustration by an artist by the pen name of Sukabu who appeared on our Cyberpunk artworks gallery topic (don't miss it! And don't hesitate to contribute with your finds!). Here's his gallery at pixiv (which I didn't link you guys to until now, gonna edit the post where it originally appeared).

thx

First, who said "kid sidekick"? Second, did you ever watch Kick-ass?

WARNING, scenes from this movie, might be too bloody for you:

I can see people like that in a setting like cyberpunk, where it is all about survival.. And everything in cyberpunk is potentially deadly. No exceptions.

I understand where Wars is coming from. First time I heard about Kick-Ass having a gun toting preteen I was a bit "Wtf? Wow!" Then I saw it and the wow factor increased because of just how badass she was.

I can totally see that kind of thing happening in the Cyberpunk setting.

That being said, my 'inner parent' is going nuts at the concept of kids being involved in such violent acts. I think it would be interpreted as a 'shock value' stunt.

I understand where Wars is coming from. First time I heard about Kick-Ass having a gun toting preteen I was a bit "Wtf? Wow!" Then I saw it and the wow factor increased because of just how badass she was.

I can totally see that kind of thing happening in the Cyberpunk setting.

That being said, my 'inner parent' is going nuts at the concept of kids being involved in such violent acts. I think it would be interpreted as a 'shock value' stunt.

Kickass is like rainbows and sunshine compared to Gunslinger Girl. Not that I need pre-teen, brain washed cyborgs in '77, but the same dramatic aspect could be there.

I found Gunslinger Girl kind of confused and well, boring. Perhaps I need to try again?

Kick-Ass, on the other hand, was quite a lot of fun.

What? It was! Kind of mopey...blowing up car...inexplicable science pet, stereotypical cheesecake girl...yawn. Somehow they made cyborgization less than interesting.

I found Gunslinger Girl kind of confused and well, boring. Perhaps I need to try again?

Kick-Ass, on the other hand, was quite a lot of fun.

Gunslinger girl was amazing, but it was definitely not fast paced... and the end was extremely dissapointing... I had really hoped the girls would turn on the agency that exploited them so badly, using them up and discarding them when they were no longer fit for duty...

Sadly this never happens.

Gunslinger girl was amazing, but it was definitely not fast paced... and the end was extremely dissapointing... I had really hoped the girls would turn on the agency that exploited them so badly, using them up and discarding them when they were no longer fit for duty...

Sadly this never happens.

Damn I loved the ending. I was wondering who brought onions into my room, eyes almost got a little teary. I agree about your take on what should have happened afterwards, but Teatrino was dreadful and never followed up on the story properly. Sorry mods, my off topic ramble is done.

I want the appearance/background/gender of my character to have a ton of impact on how NPCs treat me. Can't stress this enough.

Damn I loved the ending. I was wondering who brought onions into my room, eyes almost got a little teary. I agree about your take on what should have happened afterwards, but Teatrino was dreadful and never followed up on the story properly. Sorry mods, my off topic ramble is done.

Ah, you are talking about the anime... and yes, the first season ended quite poignantly... so much so that I had to acquire myself an mp3 of the girls singing ode to joy at the end...

The manga goes much much further, but still never tackles the issue of the girls and their exploitation...

As for customization, just please god don;t let it be as horrible as GTA V online.... worst customization ever... unless you really love playing a meth junkie..

Top Bottom