Where are my floor textures?

+
Where are my floor textures?

Hi,somehow i don't see any floor textures. I got the newest Witcher - Enhanced Edition v1.4.5.1282 and the floor is simply plainblack with some shading effects. I searched this forum but could not find anyone with the same problem or asolution to this annoying bug.Hope anyone could help me out on this one. my system:WinXP32BitATI 4870C2D 2,4GHznewest Catalyst 9.5 driver

doyle78ffm said:
somehow i don't see any floor textures....ATI 4870
does this help?
Q: Mirror finnish textures with ATI cardsTip: [quote author=Lurk]For everyone in this thread owning an ATI card and running with one of the latest set of Catalyst drivers:the one reason for some textures (i.e. the ramp leading upward from Kaer Morhen's courtyard and most of the windows during the game) to appear completely transparent and/or reflective when they shouldn't be, is related to the Adaptive Anti-Aliasing setting in CCC.The use of forced AAA (NOT AA) causes some of the textures in-game not to show up correctly.The issue has been aknowledge by ATI after I sent a ticket to the driver's team in February, and was told it was being looked into.I think they'd have it fixed by now, had it been possible.On a side note, forcing AA and AF in CCC can lead to unpredictable results, such as none of the two filtering methods being applied at all even if they are disabled in-game.The right way to apply graphic fltering in The Witcher is by leaving AA and AF to application preference (and enable them in-game, of course) and disable AAA in CCC.
[/QUOTE]from the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0also the new hotfix is here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21009.0

ok, i installed the hotfix file and double-checked that the settings, concerning AA, AAA and AF havebeen set correctly. unfortunately the problem persists. :-[

doyle78ffm said:
ok, i installed the hotfix file and double-checked that the settings, concerning AA, AAA and AF havebeen set correctly. unfortunately the problem persists. :-[
can you disable all teh AA/AF and AAA, both ingame and in the control panel?

AA (ingame:eek:ff,ccc:application controlled)AAA(ingame:no option,ccc:eek:ff)AF(ingame:1x disabling not possible,ccc:application controlled)Is this problem related to the enhanced version only? I would ratherplay 1.3.x than 1.4.x with this nasty bug.

doyle78ffm said:
AA (ingame:eek:ff,ccc:application controlled)AAA(ingame:no option,ccc:eek:ff)AF(ingame:1x disabling not possible,ccc:application controlled)
disable them all, and retryalso disable Catalyst AI

OMG!!!! YAY!!!!!!! finally someone has the same issue as me. I have had this problem since the christmas of 2007. I have not been able to play the game, and noone has ever put up a solution. so if you work out the solution please please please tell me, it would be very much appreciated =]. i look forward to working towards a properly functioning game. keep in contact and dont give up =] ;D

:( ooooo comon, i've been excited about finding out how to fix the problem.... i hope you haven't given up like i did...... :(

bleachfan4life said:
:( ooooo comon, i've been excited about finding out how to fix the problem.... i hope you haven't given up like i did...... :(
did you try to disable Catalyst AI and AAA inthe ATI control panel?

i'm finished trying to fix this one. Whatever settings i try in Catalyst and the game itself it's always the same f###### sh## . ok,it's not the first game that refuses to run properly on my HD4870 but it's the one with the most annoying bug.
OMG!!!! YAY!!!!!!! finally someone has the same issue as me. I have had this problem since the christmas of 2007. I have not been able to play the game, and noone has ever put up a solution. so if you work out the solution please please please tell me, it would be very much appreciated =]. i look forward to working towards a properly functioning game. keep in contact and dont give up =] Grin
feel ya ! I was really looking forward to playing a game which was warmly recommended by a lot of friends. knowing thatthere was a long history of improvements and fixes i expected much more stabilty.

yer i tried the catalyse instructions you supplied and it did not work. Here's my comp info :)ATI Adapter Type - RADEON X600 (0x5B62), ATI Technologies Inc. compatibleAdapter Description - ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 SeriesAdapter RAM - 256.00 MB (268,435,456 bytes)a Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHzRam - 1GBSystem model - Dimension 9100 Hope someone can help fix our problem :)

bleachfan4life said:
yer i tried the catalyse instructions you supplied and it did not work. Here's my comp info :)ATI Adapter Type - RADEON X600 (0x5B62), ATI Technologies Inc. compatibleAdapter Description - ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 SeriesAdapter RAM - 256.00 MB (268,435,456 bytes)a Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHzRam - 1GBSystem model - Dimension 9100 Hope someone can help fix our problem :)
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )BUT your video card looks like it's not supported, and way below system requirements, that's the reason that you get the errors

well, i know that my graphics card worked with the witcher, because i used to play it, but it was incredibly slow. so i was going to upgrade my ram, but as i upgraded my witcher version, the error occured and therefore i could not play the game. i should have mentioned this before due to its significance. sorry

bleachfan4life said:
well, i know that my graphics card worked with the witcher, because i used to play it, but it was incredibly slow. so i was going to upgrade my ram, but as i upgraded my witcher version, the error occured and therefore i could not play the game. i should have mentioned this before due to its significance. sorry
some things changed in the Enhanced Edition

Top Bottom