Randomly freezing the whole PC

+
Randomly freezing the whole PC

I've been having this problem since launch and have been trying to figure out what the issue is, but have found none. I've been monitoring the temperature of the pc and stress testing the memory to see if those could be it. But they seem rather normal. My drivers are all up to date and the strange part is, that I can run any other program fine. I use some pretty taxing programs like Mudbox, Zbrush, etc. And they never crash/freeze. Its seems to be just the witcher 2 that randomly freezes up the whole pc. After which I need to reset the pc manually.

My config:
Intel core i7 870 @ 2.8GHz
8 GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit
Nvidia GTX 460 1 GB
Creative Xfi audio

Any help would be great.

wow i thought i was the only 1 ... n i thought that it was pc gettin old n tellin me its not capable of runnin this game ... im not sure wat the problem is ... it din happen to me for sum time now ... but then again i don play as much witcher as much now ... if u find any solution or the cause of this problem ... plz let me know ... n if i find anything related to this ... ill let u know ..

I've been having freezing issues too, usually after playing for about 30 minutes.

Specs are:

AMD Athlon 7850 Dual Core 2.8GHz
4GB
Windows XP SP3
NVIDIA GTX 260

i had random freezes to my case was sound card and drivers problems in win 7 ( sound blaster x-fi xtreme gamer ) i pulled it off and now i am using my main board sound and no more freezes ( it was freezing not only in Witcher ) hope it helps

okiheh said:
i had random freezes to my case was sound card and drivers problems in win 7 ( sound blaster x-fi xtreme gamer ) i pulled it off and now i am using my main board sound and no more freezes ( it was freezing not only in Witcher ) hope it helps

What a shame. That's a nice sound card to remove. Tell you what, if you pay the postage to ship it to me, I'll gladly take it off your hands as I have no doubt I can get it working properly under Win7x64. Right now I'm using an Audigy 2 ZS under Win7, hardware-accelerating the sound in the game with Alchemy, and I have no problems running W2. But the xFi is a better card, so whada'ya say? Eh? Just say the word and my shipping address will be forthcoming!...;)

Top Bottom