Connection Refused

+
Connection Refused

I purchased my game off of Steam. I have the Digital Deluxe version. I uninstalled The Witcher 2 after completing it, but upon hearing about Patch 2.0 finished installing earlier this morning. I went to play, and I had a horrible time with things not working and popping up during the patching process. Finally the 2.0 patch decompressed and installed, and when I launched the game it wouldn't connect. Well then I registered my game, and it still won't connect. I can play the game just fine. Nothing is blocking it. Not Avast, nor Windows Firewall.

Everytime I open the Launcher a square window pops up with a ! in a blue circle, no other info but the Ok Button. When I play the game and then go out, the Launcher is online but it still says Connection Refused.

The connection it makes (to dlc.thewitcher.com) is to check for available downloads. The game will still play without the connection.

I think the download server is overloaded at the moment. When a server gets more connections than it can handle, it will prefer to refuse new ones rather than drop existing ones.

The Launcher will continue to check in the background. Just let it do its thing and get on with the game.

Top Bottom