What weapons do you want to see in the game?

+
I just didn't know where to put it. This is my suggestion for adding to cyberpunk weaponry. I was drawing in Corel at workplace and drew this nugget. I think it suits CP universe.

It is basically a semi-auto shotgun paired with PDW. Shotgun is somewhat unconventionally fed through an internal double-tubular mag (you can notice them stickers, lol) and is accessed for reload by flipping upper receiver. The PDW in fact is classique, much like uzi.

Also some fantasy background info, lol (I wrote this way before I learned about CP2077 and Militech):

View attachment 3050

P.S.: How do I attach bigger image? It is vector and I uploaded in very big resoultion :(

Some of what you said went right over my head, I know absolutely nothing about guns, but that does look very cool!

I just didn't know where to put it. This is my suggestion for adding to cyberpunk weaponry. I was drawing in Corel at workplace and drew this nugget. I think it suits CP universe.

It is basically a semi-auto shotgun paired with PDW. Shotgun is somewhat unconventionally fed through an internal double-tubular mag (you can notice them stickers, lol) and is accessed for reload by flipping upper receiver. The PDW in fact is classique, much like uzi.

Also some fantasy background info, lol (I wrote this way before I learned about CP2077 and Militech):

View attachment 3050

P.S.: How do I attach bigger image? It is vector and I uploaded in very big resoultion :(

This looks like a very cool little CQC weapon, I could imagine a lot of special forces using it seeing as it's basically both a breaching weapon and a room clearer. Looks pretty compact too which is always a big plus. :3 I'd like to see something like this in the game.

This looks like a very cool little CQC weapon, I could imagine a lot of special forces using it seeing as it's basically both a breaching weapon and a room clearer. Looks pretty compact too which is always a big plus. :3 I'd like to see something like this in the game.

Compact is nice ... what does it weigh?
Two complete magazine, loading, chamber, barrel, trigger systems ... YOU carry it.

Compact is nice ... what does it weigh?
Two complete magazine, loading, chamber, barrel, trigger systems ... YOU carry it.
I'd imagine in the future we'd be making weapons out of something lighter, like how more and more modern weapons are using polymer rather than metal. That being said, I'd imagine the ammo weighing in at quite a bit when fully loaded.

"Norway's Strom Munitions (ex-Nammo) presents SCIMITAR: the best solution for fast and violent urban skirmishes. Thrice the street-sweeping factor: scrap tissues with 12 gauge buckshot or shoot modern era FRAG-12s at them. Defeat even the toughest vests with 5.5x35mm armor-piercing PDW ammunition. And carry all this deadly arsenal in a single system, scarcely 30" long and 9 lbs. heavy. It is your choice - SCIMITAR."

To put that in perspective, according to wiki the M4 carbine is somewhere between 33 in (840 mm) (stock extended), 29.75 in (756 mm) (stock retracted). The weight of the M4 is approximately 7.5 lb (3.4 kg) with 30 rounds, so this weapon is a pretty weighty beast, but could be shorter than the M4, and way shorter than the M16. The weight of an AA-12 shotgun is 7.3 kg with loaded 32-round drum (original version), so this gun is weightier than the M4 and AA-12, but you're basically getting the fire power of both weapons. Seems like a good trade, if you're willing to carry around the extra weight. Also props to the guy that made this weapon.

Quite some time ago they did some studies and determined anything that weighed more then say an M-14 (10.7 lb/5.2 kg), FN-FAL (13.1 lb/5.95 kg), or G3 (10 lb/4.7 kg) was just too heavy to carry around and use effectively, and many consider even these to be too heavy.
True it's almost minutia, but such little things DO matter in reality (if not in games).

Quite some time ago they did some studies and determined anything that weighed more then say an M-14 (10.7 lb/5.2 kg), FN-FAL (13.1 lb/5.95 kg), or G3 (10 lb/4.7 kg) was just too heavy to carry around and use effectively, and many consider even these to be too heavy.
True it's almost minutia, but such little things DO matter in reality (if not in games).

I love the FN-FAL, such a cool gun. :3 Anyway yeah, I agree weight certainly matters, but in the future I can see the weight being pretty easy to handle with cybernetics giving the shooter the ability to carry around heavier weapons and ammo. Although a more powerful round might be what people are looking for if they're in the police force, don't wanna accidentally fire through a wall and hit someone.

I love the FN-FAL, such a cool gun. :3 Anyway yeah, I agree weight certainly matters, but in the future I can see the weight being pretty easy to handle with cybernetics giving the shooter the ability to carry around heavier weapons and ammo. Although a more powerful round might be what people are looking for if they're in the police force, don't wanna accidentally fire through a wall and hit someone.

I gather you assume EVERYONE in the military has cybernetic mods. I'd rather assume such expensive work is only done to Spec-Ops types and the average grunt is a meat-bag.

I gather you assume EVERYONE in the military has cybernetic mods. I'd rather assume such expensive work is only done to Spec-Ops types and the average grunt is a meat-bag.

Not just cybernetics, but exoskeletons too. I'd expect the military to have at least a slight advantage over the local gangs, although right now the Mexican drug cartels vs the army is going through my mind.

Not just cybernetics, but exoskeletons too. I'd expect the military to have at least a slight advantage over the local gangs, although right now the Mexican drug cartels vs the army is going through my mind.

They would and do.
It's called training, organization, and communication.
Mere firepower is a VERY small fraction of the "combat power" equation.

They would and do.
It's called training, organization, and communication.
Mere firepower is a VERY small fraction of the "combat power" equation.

Eh, I wouldn't say very small. I mean look in the trailer, well trained men shooting at one woman and barely making a dent. If that was some raging bull type guy with the same armor that was charging at them instead of sitting there, I don't think there would be much of them left. If their weapons are basically water guns, they might as well not be there.

Eh, I wouldn't say very small. I mean look in the trailer, well trained men shooting at one woman and barely making a dent. If that was some raging bull type guy with the same armor that was charging at them instead of sitting there, I don't think there would be much of them left. If their weapons are basically water guns, they might as well not be there.

Sorry, I was discussing reality not video games.
Sure, look at the North Hollywood Shootout in 1997 (there an excellent Youtube on it) or the gangs of the 1930's.
Sometimes the bad guys do have a temporary advantage, but in the long run they always lose out.

Sure, look at the North Hollywood Shootout in 1997 (there an excellent Youtube on it) or the gangs of the 1930's.
Sometimes the bad guys do have a temporary advantage, but in the long run they always lose out.

Ohh, I was discussing video games, not reality. XD Yeah in reality what you say is totally true. I've looked at the Hollywood shootout documentaries more than a few times. Those guys had some insane armor on them. But yeah I agree firepower alone is not enough in real life. The SAS and SEALs can do a lot of damage with not that much firepower.

Unless, of course, the bad guys have similar training and gear. Gets a little confused, especially in Night City.

Worth noting that the military in Cyberpunk 2020 are still quite potent. I like them weaker than Wisdom000 does, but we both agree that they are a major force that no cops or boostergangs could stand against.

Well. Except the Bozos.

Definitely a Blade Runner gun as a homage to that iconic movie (Fallout 1&2 had those).

I really like the mecha design from GitS the original manga and SAC TV series. Design is sleek, super functional and simply genius: bull-pup designs, angled magazines with crazy capacity, loads of accessories and very "realistic", industrial look of the future. CDPRed know all this so i bet we'll see weapons like that popping up in the game.

On the side note, as we're seeing today, consumer electronics tend to go towards multi-functionality in one box (smartphones) the same can be seen done with personal weapons. Nowadays, in many NATO armies looking for new infantry basic armaments, arms companies enter competition with weapon systems not individual models. Just look at a G36 frame (i know, pretty old now but a good example). Can be configured into a basic infantry man weapon, or with just a few accessories into an LMG or a shortened SMG size CQB variant. GitS mecha designers have done the same years before with the Seburo frame, with Kusanagi using SMG, assault or spec-ops variants.
Edgerunners i ran with or ran them in the old PnP games originally went for a pistol, SMG or shotgun and assault rifle quickly realizing that that look made them Hedgerunners rather than street warriors of the 21st century, with all kinds of different ammo stuffed in their pockets or pouches and barrels sticking out not to mention the weight and clatter. Machine pistols and short and sweet SMGs using the same ammo became standard for everyone on my team, with a supplement of an assault rifle for Solos with a grenade launcher/shotgun underslung modules.

'Home of the Brave' details the full range of the US military in 2020 and some cyberware is mandatory. Admittedly it's mostly interfacing gear as well as Muscle and Bone Lace, (can't remember wether or not they applied grafted mucle as well,) but limbs and optics were common also.

Spec Ops were tricked out with loads of stuff, especially boosters and the like.

I imagine that by 2077 metal would be more prolific. Especially as cyberware was originally developed in the timeline for military usage.

Unless, of course, the bad guys have similar training and gear. Gets a little confused, especially in Night City.

Worth noting that the military in Cyberpunk 2020 are still quite potent. I like them weaker than Wisdom000 does, but we both agree that they are a major force that no cops or boostergangs could stand against.

Well. Except the Bozos.

Governmental military are potent, but corporate military even more so. Look at Arasaka, Militech and especially Lazarus.

I'd like to see variety by uniqueness rather than just variety by aesthetics. So, looking through the pictures of all available in-lore weapons in the OP (thanks for that by the way), I see a lot of redundancy that reduces development effectiveness. No need to be like BF4 and have 21/25 assault rifles all essentially be exactly the same, vary the calibers, damages, customization options, and fire rates a lot so that things feel unique instead of just the same weapon with 1 or 2 values tweaked and a different skin.

I'd like to see variety by uniqueness rather than just variety by aesthetics. So, looking through the pictures of all available in-lore weapons in the OP (thanks for that by the way), I see a lot of redundancy that reduces development effectiveness. No need to be like BF4 and have 21/25 assault rifles all essentially be exactly the same, vary the calibers, damages, customization options, and fire rates a lot so that things feel unique instead of just the same weapon with 1 or 2 values tweaked and a different skin.

Now I do actually want to see quite a few weapons that are basically the same apart from the aestetics. Reason being, I would like to see 'brands' and 'brand recognition' play a part in game as well.

That said, there are plenty of different attributes that weapons could theoretically possess:

Accuracy
Controlability/Recoil
Calibre
Weight
Size
Concealability
Modularity
Adapatability
Fixability
Reliability

All of these things could, (and I hope WILL,) play a part in 2077's mechanics.

I've always been partial to shotguns in videogames. I just like the way they blast everything to pieces.

For my first character I think I'm going to go with smaller guns that are easily hidden. I don't want a flashy character that stands out too much. I can totally imagine myself using an Uzi.

Now I do actually want to see quite a few weapons that are basically the same apart from the aestetics. Reason being, I would like to see 'brands' and 'brand recognition' play a part in game as well.

Yes. This is one of the differences between an RPG and a shooter - we'd like our characters to be identified by their often whimsical tastes. That's brand choice as much as anything. Who cares if one weapon is similar to another? A mere +1 difference between ACC, plus some style, is enough for a person to favour one 5.56 rifle over another.

It's funny that people that customize or brand-favour clothing, cars and gadgets figure you only need one look for a weapon.

That said, there are plenty of different attributes that weapons could theoretically possess:

Accuracy
Controlability/Recoil
Calibre
Weight
Size
Concealability
Modularity
Adapatability
Fixability
Reliability

All of these things could, (and I hope WILL,) play a part in 2077's mechanics.

I like the idea of having different brands of guns. It adds another layer of depth to the world.

Top Bottom