E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

+

E3 2014: CDProjekt's PR strategy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So this E3 is going to be 10th anniversary. I smell a huge Witcher pool party on top of some 5-star hotel.

L.A. tradition would favor a party at Dockweiler Beach, with a bonfire sufficient to draw the notice of air traffic control. And Percival Schuttenbach playing.

Still 9 months until launch. They probably don't want to show too much. They probably will have a couple more trailers, so the next one might be short.

Still 9 months until launch. They probably don't want to show too much. They probably will have a couple more trailers, so the next one might be short.

Another very short showing would be kind of pathetic after a year of silence imo. There is also the discussed importance of E3 and all their hyping of bringing the heavy artillery. Cynical me sees another 2 minute insult as a realistic option but I would like to hope for a decent showing for once.

You are still in doubt that we'll get substantial information at E3, right? I think it's obvious now - judging from some of the posts from the devs - that we will be pleased. Why build all the hype when all you have to show is another frickin' 1 or 2-minute-long trailer?

...or Emhyr... Now that's a point. Still very unlikely that that they won't show proper gameplay this time. Prepare extra pants for June 10th I'd say.

Last edited:
You are still in doubt that we'll get substantial information at E3, right? I think it's obvious now - judging from some of the posts from the devs - that we will be pleased. Why build all the hype when all you have to show is another frickin' 1 or 2-minute-long trailer?

Look at it like this, heavy bombs does not mean a long showing. If they have a short video that shows crossbows, yennifer and ciri then you have a pretty big bomb, even if it is a short showing. A lot can be seen in 2 minutes, a suprising amount even. But yeah, I do suspect that CD Projekt is building up something much bigger, something similar to the Fallout 3 live demo actually.

Jupiter_on_Mars

If after over 6 months of nothing all we get is a crossbow vid I'll have no choice but to perform seppuku.

Don't be so melodramatic. What will you do to topple that should they reveal incendiary crossbows, hey?

They will (one way or another) give it to us real nice, guys, don't you worry ;)

Some questionable phrasing right there.

When it comes to gaming I generally keep my expectations as low as possible so when new content drops Im almost always positively surprised.

So I expect for e3 to see nothing more than 1 screenshot of geralt riding a horse in a medieval location, now I can literarily not be disappointed.

When it comes to gaming I generally keep my expectations as low as possible so when new content drops Im almost always positively surprised.

So I expect for e3 to see nothing more than 1 screenshot of geralt riding a horse in a medieval location, now I can literarily not be disappointed.

Sound advice and something that I am trying to uphold too. Though the E3 trap in particular is very treacherous in being hype generating.

Edit: I will refrain from using the C-word from now on, seeing the chaos it spreads.

Sound advice and something that I am trying to uphold too. Though the E3 trap in particular is very treacherous in being hype generating.

Edit: I will refrain from using the C-word from now on, seeing the chaos it spreads.

Might I recommend the occasional shot of Vodka and motorboating with a willing partner. Takes the stress right out of life.

Top Bottom