Forum suggestions, bugs, questions and opinions

+

Forum veteran
What liars can share between themselves?
Fishing stories?

At any rate, no need to worry; no one here is fakey-kind. Sappykanadian is just messing with your mind because he's evil (by Canadian standards). He's all aboot the mind games, eh.

Forum veteran
I thought that was just a weird way of asking what liars can share among themselves. Reading it again, that was clearly the wrong way to have read it.

False advertising, if you ask me. Responding wasn't nearly as safe as the username led me to believe.

Forum veteran
Think of it this way, it could be a lot worse. You could be stuck with a number instead of a name.
Still better than masquerading around as an Avisaurus. How'd that extinction event go, by the way?

Last edited:
Still better than masquerading around as an Avisaurus. How'd that extinction event go, by the way?

Pretty well, thanks. I suddenly found I had a much tastier diet and less competition.

And now, in order to make sure I get the last word, I'm going to go and look for the thread topic again.

Forum veteran
You people get back on topic right now. Or else!
You suck. Hey, that's an opinion on the forum since you're a mod now, therefore I'm now on topic! Yay!

Why are we only able to change our user names once, anyway? Are mods able to change people's names as much as they want? I saw mods change user names on request when I cheated on you all with other forums that use vBulletin, and the plugin page linked to at the bottom of each page here makes it sound like the one change per user isn't a plugin limitation. Surely the whole thing could be loosened a little.

It could be, but it's not really a problem so far and given how busy the Witcher forums are, it could lead to a cascade of people changing names every couple months as the game nears and hysteria builds, causing a problem.

Part of it is that your online persona is based around your name, and it would cause a lot of confusion if people could swap out identities repeatedly.

Part of it is that when mods -could- do it, I promptly got permission to do so..but they said I could change only my name. So I did - to other people's names. Giggle. BOY, did I get in trouble for that.

So, it's kind of my fault? I guess? Oops? DRAGON HELPED.

Sure was funny though, right, @Kinley? @ReptilePZ zzzznaptimeisnow?

Forum veteran
The old Witcher forums allowed you to change your user name several times a month. 3 times? Maybe 5. Whatever it was, this wasn't too long after W2 released, so I have trouble believing that the forum would turn into some kind of dark age if we were allowed a few more changes, especially since many people already had to use theirs to stop being username_6732836572.

It also logged changes so that a simple visit to profiles could tell you who was who after any changes. Not sure that's possible, but still... FREEDOOOOOM. And when did you become so opposed to the possibility of chaos?

I want to be the first person to reach NEGATIVE 1000 Sardpoints !
It's nice to have a goal.

This has come up a couple times, SO:

For anyone who doesn't know - you can multiquote posts if you select the "+ button on the lower right of the Edit/reply/Reply With Quote/"+ choice bar, and then Reply with quote for your second quote. This also works if you do more than two quotes, as long as you select Reply With Quote as your last choice.

Top Bottom