The Witcher 3 Collector's Edition - availability information

+
Give it some time. We thought the same about EB. Turns out they're just very slow.. Pretty sure Germany will get it at EB Games!

Fuck, was unable to go into town today, Preordered it on EB games as a "Just in Case" because in the past I've had severe issues with ordering shit online from them....

When I can go into town, I'll see if we are out of the CE edition, and if we are, I'm going to keep my Gamestop Preorder just in case.... gonna send a message into EB and ask if they know why in the past I was unable to preorder; I prefer to get charged NOW and that way I KNOW I succeeded rather than this whole "wait until shipped" thingy.

Last edited:
Very pleased to see that the CE was made available to Canadian users. It's a shame Gamestop/EB Games in CA doesn't also have the keychain, but I'm sure it won't be too hard to find on ebay.

Fuck, was unable to go into town today, Preordered it on EB games as a "Just in Case" because in the past I've had severe issues with ordering shit online from them....

When I can go into town, I'll see if we are out of the CE edition, and if we are, I'm going to keep my Gamestop Preorder just in case.... gonna send a message into EB and ask if they know why in the past I was unable to preorder; I prefer to get charged NOW and that way I KNOW I succeeded rather than this whole "wait until shipped" thingy.

I'm playing it smart. Have a pre-order for the PS4 version ( Only one EB had in stock.. ) so I know 100% I'll get a CE

When credit card is shipped out; I'm putting down a preorder for the PC version ( online )

When shipping day comes ( or a few days before ) I'll pick up the PC version; and return my PS4 version ( since it's brand new I get full price back for it ) and I'll be happy with PC.

If shipping day comes and they don't have the PC version ( stock and such ) then I'll keep the PS4 CE; give away the game itself; and pick up a PC version ( which they will definitely have ) of the non CE. That way I have the CE contents AND a PC version of the game.

A heads up for everyone that pre-ordered the Standard or the Collector's Edition at the German division of Amazon:

Chances are you might have missed out on a pretty nice pre-order bonus if you placed your order only moments after Marcin Iwiński let the cat (potion) out of the bag during the conference.

The bonus offer in question is a comic book called 'The Witcher - Killing Monsters' and apparently was added quite some time after the pre-order went live. A friend of mine basically just noticed it and had to cancel and place the pre-order (this time including the comic book) again to get said comic book for free.

It's worth noting that this one seems to be a stand-alone issue (meaning it's not part of the current 5-issue 'House of Glass' run) to possibly go along with or serve as a sort of prequel, setting the stage for the events of the game. From the looks of Geralt and, I guess Vesemir on the frontcover (not to mention the title) it most likely ties in with the cinematic of the same name in some way.

the fucking fuck to hell. I just couldnt help myself and pre- ordered it on Amazon US. Now I have 6 months to get US $300. :p And on top of that, a new fucking PC. :p
Lets see if I can make it.

I can do it EVEN without a credit card... I need only to buy 3 $100 Amazon gift cards. :p

Last edited:
the fucking fuck to hell. I just couldnt help myself and pre- ordered it on Amazon US. Now I have 6 months to get US $300. :p And on top of that, a new fucking PC. :p

I can do it EVEN without a credit card... I need only to buy 3 $100 Amazon gift cards. :p

Where do you live Jack? If you live in Canada; it's up on EB ( for pre-order and such )

Where do you live Jack? If you live in Canada; it's up on EB ( for pre-order and such )
Unless of course his card is rejected for some UNKNOWN reason like mine has in the past... why the HELL does GameStop take Paypal (American only at that, the bastards!) but EB, which is OWNED by Gamestop, doesn't?

US$300? That's high...
I thought Amazon had cheap worldwide shipping? Or is that taxes where you are?

A heads up for everyone that pre-ordered the Standard or the Collector's Edition at the German division of Amazon:

Chances are you might have missed out on a pretty nice pre-order bonus if you placed your order only moments after Marcin Iwiński let the cat (potion) out of the bag during the conference.

The bonus offer in question is a comic book called 'The Witcher - Killing Monsters' and apparently was added quite some time after the pre-order went live. A friend of mine basically just noticed it and had to cancel and place the pre-order (this time including the comic book) again to get said comic book for free.

]
I did preorder in the same hour the CE went live on amazon.de

As the bonus offer first was introduced, it was cleary stated in the preorder info that : you get the comic book automatically even if you already had preordered before the bonus offer went live.... that sentence isnt there anymore I wonder whats going on
I dont like that... do i need to preorder again now since I preorderd early?

Edit : Ok I contacted Amazon via live chat ... they will update me on that matter ... so far it seems my previous order couldnt be canceled... for some reason ....

I will post update here as soon as they contact me back !!!

Edit 2 : ok they added the comic book to my previous order !!!
EVERYONE who preordered before the bonus offer went live should contact amazon on this matter .....
Check first if the comic book is listed in your preorder!!!
Otherwise you probably wont get the comic book.
Let them add the comic book to your order , you dont have to cancel & order again ( you could try it , but in my case it didnt work - also I peronally didnt wanted to cancel my order for that matter "fear of the CE suddently be sold out ;D" )

Since thats very important ,I suggest some mod spreads the word about this !!!
I think the german ppl & the ones who ordereed on amazon.de on this forum dont want to miss out on a nice comic book for free ;)

Last edited:
Give it some time. We thought the same about EB. Turns out they're just very slow.. Pretty sure Germany will get it at EB Games!

You believe that? I am not quite sure about that :-/
It is already at Gamestop in germany, online and in shops, but just the normal version on all three system, not the collectors edition. And they have quite much information on their site, so I think this is the final preorder product the'll add at their shop.
This makes me believe they'll not get the CE.

But amazon.de still have it, that's all that matters :p

EVERYONE who preordered before the bonus offer went live should contact amazon on this matter .....
I simply canceled my previous order and placed a new one. Why shouldn’t we do just that? It’s probably far quicker than having the Amazon Customer Support deal with the matter.

US$300? That's high...
I thought Amazon had cheap worldwide shipping? Or is that taxes where you are?

Couple of both I guess, but import taxes are insanely high around here (50% of shipping+retail price). Amazon "pre-charges" me for import taxes like 100 bucks. And they "take care of it" through the customs... We'll see how it goes...

Okay, I've done some more research around Europe for the collectors edition.
Asked shops like bol.com in netherlands, game.com in great britain, and visited sites of shops in denmark, belgium, etc.
Seems like most of them have the Collectors Edition still in stock, but they ALL do not ship outside their home country.

So as I stated before, if someone is still missing the Collectors Edition and has no other chance to get it, amazon.de is still there with a small chance of getting it shipped to you.
As I got from them they are shipping worldwide IF this game is not rated 18 in germany. (I don't know how likely this is..)
Amazon.de currently just takes preorders for german adresses cause of the unknown rating.
But you can do a trick here. Just enter any valid german address temporary for the preorder. Then you can succussfully preorder it. You haven't pay anything until release, so you can wait. If it is rated 16 right before release, you can change your shipping address to every address that you want. If not, you can just cancel the pledge.

Last edited:
Couple of both I guess, but import taxes are insanely high around here (50% of shipping+retail price). Amazon "pre-charges" me for import taxes like 100 bucks. And they "take care of it" through the customs... We'll see how it goes...

Ouch, that is bad. Theoretically 22% here, but not automatic, and not on the shipping charge as far as I know.

Okay, I've done some more research around Europe for the collectors edition.
Asked shops like bol.com in netherlands, game.com in great britain, and visited sites of shops in denmark, belgium, etc.
Seems like most of them have the Collectors Edition still in stock, but they ALL do not ship outside their home country.

So as I stated before, if someone is still missing the Collectors Edition and has no other chance to get it, amazon.de is still there with a small chance of getting it shipped to you.
As I got from them they are shipping worldwide IF this game is not rated 18 in germany. (I don't know how likely this is..)
Amazon.de currently just takes preorders for german adresses cause of the unknown rating.
But you can do a trick here. Just enter any valid german address temporary for the preorder. Then you can succussfully preorder it. You haven't pay anything until release, so you can wait. If it is rated 16 right before release, you can change your shipping address to every address that you want. If not, you can just cancel the pledge.

Okay, you got me worried here... I ordered it to a Dutch adress, will they not send it if the game is rated 18+?
Because it seems very likely that a game in which you can chop people to pieces will be rated as that?

Okay, you got me worried here... I ordered it to a Dutch adress, will they not send it if the game is rated 18+?
Because it seems very likely that a game in which you can chop people to pieces will be rated as that?

Okay, you made me worried too.
I've contacted Amazon customer support again and got a different answer now. A more detailed one.
I think you should not worry too much :) Read below.

So updated information about international ordering from amazon.de:

Amazon help pages are stating: (translated) "Validity: For shipments to addresses outside of Germany apply our usual shipping terms. No passport check is required."
So there will be no age verification, and it should be no problem even if the game is rated 18.

The guy told me that there is no reliable YES, that the shipping is possible, but if you can order it to your country, it is very likely it will be send to you.
EDIT here: The guy wrote me a nice email with the confirmation. So changed, there IS a reliable YES. If you can order it, it will be send to you :)

The email in german, and english translation:
Guten Tag Herr ******,

vielen Dank für unseren freundlichen Chat.

Filme und PC- & Videospiele, die mit "keine Jugendfreigabe gemäß §14 JuSchG" gekennzeichnet sind (oder gar keine Alterseinstufung erhalten haben), sowie Branntwein, branntweinhaltige Getränke und Lebensmittel, die Branntwein in nicht nur geringfügiger Menge enthalten, versenden wir außerhalb Deutschlands zu unseren üblichen Versandbedingungen. Es fallen also keine zusätzlichen Versandkosten für einen Spezialversand dieser Artikel an. Eine Ausweisprüfung findet nicht statt.

Mehr Informationen zum Versand finden Sie hier:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200170100

Ich hoffe, ich konnte Ihr Anliegen zu Ihrer Zufriedenheit lösen und wünsche Ihnen einen angenehmen Tag.

Freundliche Grüße
Henric *******

================================================

Good day Mr. ******,

thank you very much for our friendly chat.

Movies and PC & video games that are marked with "no youth release according to § 14 and above" (received or no age classification), as well as brandy, brandy-based drinks and foods that contain brandy in not only minor quantity, we ship outside Germany at our normal shipping conditions. So there are no additional shipping costs for special shipping this item. There will be no passport check.

More information about shipping can be found here:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200170100

I hope I was able to resolve your concern to your satisfaction and hope you have a pleasant day.

regards
Henric *******

So the steps he told me:
  1. go to Amazon.de and order the article.
  2. Enter your valid address
  3. a. If ordering is possible, you have luck and you will hopefully get it
    b. If there is an error (I got one as I tried to order to Sidney (Australia) ), you can contact the costumer support and ask for help, maybe they can do something or tell you why it is not working. You just need to create an account, you can start a chat in english, so should be no problem.
    If it isn't working, it will be cause of local taxes or shipping restrictions.

TL; DR:
I have to correct, Amazon.de is shipping international. You just have to try if your land is working!
I tried some lands, many european ones are working. Just give it a try.

Last edited:
Top Bottom