Divinity: Original Sin

+
I thought this was one of GOGs regional price games that they announced when all hell broke loose. Maybe this is so they can offer flat pricing? I have a bunch of things to play, but I am somewhat interested in Original Sin.

@.Volsung.: I was wondering why would Larian fall for this regional pricing problem, but then I noticed that they are shipping box versions as well. That's the culprit - as soon as they start dealing with publishers who produce physical copies, regional pricing kicks in. Anyway, I think GOG promised some compensation for those regions where prices are overblown.

@.Volsung.: I was wondering why would Larian fall for this regional pricing problem, but then I noticed that they are shipping box versions as well. That's the culprit - as soon as they start dealing with publishers who produce physical copies, regional pricing kicks in.

....Then we all get the digital version. Next time they should tell retailers to shove it straight up their ass, it's a PC exclusive anyway.

....Then we all get the digital version. Next time they should tell retailers to shove it straight up their ass, it's a PC exclusive anyway.
Hopefully digital distribution will phase out physical gaming retailers with time. But they are still influential because big chunk of sales happens through them. Even CDPR has no leverage on them yet, that's why there is regional pricing even on TW3 on GOG.

That's one of the reasons I recommend people not to get physical versions of TW3. Kind of ironic, since CDPR put some effort into making a nice collector's edition, but on the other hand selling it reduces their own control over the price.

Last edited:
It should have been on GoG days ago, no excuses for that. Both GoG and Larian share the same philosophy here. What the hell happened?

edit- ok I got some info on Larian's side why this hasn't coincided.

Last edited:
Won't be able to play the game until maybe Wednesday. Really excited for it, hope it's good.

EDIT: Game's now officially released:

If you used a Steam key for the Alpha/Beta but want the final release on gog, you need to go to your Larian Vault and make some changes again, even if you'd selected the gog release version before (at the time of writing, the option is still unavailable.) Apparently Larian decided to make some last minure changes.

Last edited:
My copy of D:OS is downloading/installing at the moment~
But it'll have to wait until tomorrow, tonight I'm going to see a world cup match with friends.

Avoiding the Early Access version took me quite a lot of discipline,
and after having this gem sit in my game library for half an eternity I can't wait to try it out~

Here's hope that Larian delivered on what they set out to accomplish.
Have fun with it, everyone !

I guess that's from the Larian vault? I don't see it in the Humble Store or GOG so far.

No, I'm ashamed to say that it's on Steam. :(

Got it as a Steam gift for 22€ a long time ago.
I couldn't pass on that offer, especially not after I missed out on the KS.

Is there a way to redeem the Steam version on GoG ?
Because if there is, I know what I'll do right away....

Is there a way to redeem the Steam version on GoG ?
Because if there is, I know what I'll do right away....

Not sure. You can ask Larian about it, but I won't expect it. Not many do that kind of thing like CDPR. I'm still waiting for clarification where the Linux versions will be sold. I hope GOG will sell them.

Not sure. You can ask Larian about it, but I won't expect it. Not many do that kind of thing like CDPR. I'm still waiting for clarification where the Linux versions will be sold. I hope GOG will sell them.

Ah well~
The full version on Steam seems to work like a charm, I just gave it a test run.
There are no issues so far - quite unusual for Steam releases.

This is a screenshot of me ruining @ReptilePZ favorite games.

Too bad I can't play it now.

Last edited:

Forum veteran
It's supposed to be on GOG at release.
Supposed to be. But then there's stuff like this:

"The game will be available to KS backers for now, but without the online multiplayer component. The full public GOG.com release is planned for August 31, as our online platform GOG Galaxy should be up to support it by then."
LINK

So non-kickstarter backers have to either pick it up on Steam or wait until the end of August to get it on GOG, basically. Unless there's a language barrier thing happening there, holding the release back because of their client is some epic incompetence on GOG's part.

@227: That's very lame. If the game is already on GOG, why can't they start selling it now for non backers? The most ironic thing is that their optional Galaxy client (which isn't even released yet) apparently prevents the game from being sold! So much for being optional...

Last edited:
  • RED Point
Reactions: 227
So people who want the GOG version have to wait another two months while others already are enjoying the Steam version? :rly?: That sounds...fair. I don't even care about the multi-player feature.

(That rabbit emoticon is hilarious, btw!)

Last edited:
I bought it yesterday but I played a few hours! The first impression was very positive! :D

I know there's a co-op feature as well, do you know if you can play the campaign with friends, or if there's a separate campaign, or stuff like that? Cause I have friends interested in Divinity as well :D

God I love Larian before I intruduced myself to CDProjekt Larian were my favourite developers,time to start up DOS and after it Divine Divinity and Divinity 2.

Top Bottom