Launching issue

+
Launching issue

Hi all, i just brought w2 "premium edition".. first dvd works fine which has all the soundtrack and cinematics on it but the game dvd wont launch, it opens the folder which has

DirectX folder
Data3.cab (error's out when opened)
vcredist_x86

would like to know if anyone else has had the issue or if i should just take the game back and get a new disc ?
cheers

Murdertruck said:
Hi all, i just brought w2 "premium edition".. first dvd works fine which has all the soundtrack and cinematics on it but the game dvd wont launch, it opens the folder which has

DirectX folder
Data3.cab (error's out when opened)
vcredist_x86

would like to know if anyone else has had the issue or if i should just take the game back and get a new disc ?
cheers

There's 2 Game Discs, both in the same DVD cover - those files you describe are on the 2nd which has to be inserted during installation. The installation is started with the first disc (maybe look underneath the game manual?).
The Soundtrack is on another disc in another cover.

Or did I just misunderstand your post entirely?

Wow, that's odd.

Before we rush to that conclusion though: You DO have 2 DVD covers right?

And in the one with the cover art that's on the Premium Edition box as well - there's only ONE disc?

Yeah i know right. haha
I have checked all through the cases booklets and other items that came with the package, i got the bonus dvd/offical game soundtrack
and then in the game case its only 1 dvd, i've checked all the packaging, missing the first dvd, ill take it back to the shop tomorrow n get another copy :D

Top Bottom