Cyberpunk 2077 - Your Ideas For A Dream RPG

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I'm personally into bowling but what's wrong with your character taking a night off to do so with their cousin? I'd say something as simple of this adds to the illusion of "real world" in a game, not everything revolves around "Mission".

Not that I'm personally into bowling but what's wrong with your character taking a night off to do so with their cousin? I'd say something as simple of this adds to the illusion of "real world" in a game, not everything revolves around "Mission".

Why do those Corporate Dead things when you can do edgerunner entertainment? Be it partaking in or observing arena kill-sports, engaging in combat dancing or swapping murder-based black market braindances with your crew.

:huh:

By the Holy MaxMike and his Angels of the Perpetual Minigun.

Genius.

We need BIGGER FUCKING GUNS.

Not mine, i just copied the add for DDI Prayer device (Chromebook 2 i think), as Maxmike says in "Hey, listen up you scerewhead" sourcebook : "only copy the best authors"

Automatization could very easily explain the insane unemployment rate.

Machines replacing a large chunk of human workers on account of not needing to eat, rest or get payed.
In turn leaving a lot of hungry people on the streets, and an even richer corp elite.

Automatization could very easily explain the insane unemployment rate.

Machines replacing a large chunk of human workers on account of not needing to eat, rest or get payed.
In turn leaving a lot of hungry people on the streets, and an even richer corp elite.

Machines can replace some manual labor workers, but unless CP2077 assumes human compatible AI it's not going to cause a huge reduction in human employment.

Depends. We'd have to check statistics for how many low-skill jobs can be mechanized and how many people are around to be able to take them. Subway can be run by the AI (and pretty much all public transport as it's following a specified pre-programmed routes). In factories a lot of work is manual labor that can be done by machines. You can now take money or tickets directly from the machine and don't have to go to a woman in a box who's selling it. I am very interested to hear why AI is not going to cause a huge reduction in human employment.

cRPG elements would be very nice. Like analogue choices made by utilizing gameplay mechanics to player's wish and not "press A to kill a baby or press B to save a baby", ability to kill anyone you want and have it affect storyline authentically. A lot of authentic dialog not like in bethesda's titles. Perk system. I also liked the character development systems from fallout games. It means no classes, only stats and skills and if you want to be known as "hacker" or "terrorist" you just have to be acknowledged by everyone as one or another by hacking or terrorising on a large scale. Also, no good-evil bar, only reputations with factions.

cRPG elements would be very nice. Like analogue choices made by utilizing gameplay mechanics to player's wish and not "press A to kill a baby or press B to save a baby", ability to kill anyone you want and have it affect storyline authentically. A lot of authentic dialog not like in bethesda's titles. Perk system. I also liked the character development systems from fallout games. It means no classes, only stats and skills and if you want to be known as "hacker" or "terrorist" you just have to be acknowledged by everyone as one or another by hacking or terrorising on a large scale. Also, no good-evil bar, only reputations with factions.

Dont worry. The source material says that the world of Cyberpunk is one where the laws of good and evil have been replaced with laws of expedience. You do what you gotta do to survive. Not to mention the Witcher had no binary moral system either.

As for the cyberpunk I got some ideas for augments: hidden additional arms ( i mean human looking arms) and faces that can appear suddenly and surprise the enemy, now all those arms have different weapons in them like energy cannon, mecha-tentacle, buzz-saw, taser, homing missile launcher. As for non arm related augments: sharp tail, missile launcher on the back, multi use parachute as in MDK, tank of some animals like snakes, spiders, crows, mutated moths, flies, butterflies, frogs, lizards, hornets with something like rabies that makes them aggresive (tank being hidden in the torso of course). And for weapons: hookshot like in Just Cause, smokescreen bombs, throwing knives, knives, homing explosive boomerangs, joker's laughing gas, scarecrow's panic gas, jetpack, RC controlled vehicles, laser from the orbit, a few viruses that cause mass deaths, quarantine and terror. I don't know how the stats screen is going to look so idk if skills can be maxed, but if you max out or reach a high enough level of medical skill you get the ability to make clones which can lead you to having an army and taking over the city or even world be either declaring war against the government (then it turns into a sort-of a strategy game) or utilising a scheme from the star wars prequels. Also ability to raise the dead once you max medical and science skills and maybe complete a questline. With all the perks of being a necromancer, like having an army of undead that can't be killed which makes them better than clones, making people praise you and worship as a god, making others fear you, bribing even the most powerful individuals by offering them bringing their loved ones back to life. And when I mean undead I don't mean brainless zombiess but rather intelligent people that have all their memory and personality and don't want to serve you but they have to because of chips in theirs brains.

I think perhaps you mis-read my post Safe-r, I agreed that IF there was a human capable AI then human employment could be threatened. But WITHOUT one I don't see large scale problems.

To kanonite:

They were moraly grey but most of the times they were binary. What I mean by analogue choices is like in fallout new vegas in the first town you are presented with problem of powder gangers wanting to destroy the village. At that situations you can
-join the gang and take over the village with them
-protect the village
-sell out one guy to the gang so they leave the village alone
-kill the ganger responsible for all this
-kill everyone in the village yourself
-kill the guy that they want to get
-not do anything and leave the town to itself
-get the help of local shopkeeper in protecting the village
-get the help of all the villigers in protecting the village
-get the help of Sunny Smiles
-get the help of a doctor
-get the help of victor
-get the help of a guy with crate of dynamite
-do it all alone
-get the help of the shopkeeper in destroying the village
-get the doctors help destroying the village
And that's not all you can do during the quest and all the things i mentioned are completely optional. That's analogue choice and it's awesome because it gives you complete agency and once you completed the quest you feel empowered because both the run and outcome of the questline fully depends on your decisions. And that's what should be in a dream RPG. Also, Fallout New Vegas is like this from start to finish and is probably my favourite game of all time.

Last edited:
Maybe I should rethink FO:NV, I skipped it because I assumed it was just more Fallout 3 which was OK but not "great".

To kanonite:

They were moraly grey but most of the times they were binary. What I mean by analogue choices is like in fallout new vegas in the first town you are presented with problem of powder gangers wanting to destroy the village. At that situations you can
-protect the village
-get the help of victor
-do it all alone
And that's not all you can do during the quest and all the things i mentioned are completely optional. That's analogue choice and it's awesome because it gives you complete agency and once you completed the quest you feel empowered because both the run and outcome of the questline fully depends on your decisions. And that's what should be in a dream RPG. Also, Fallout New Vegas is like this from start to finish and is probably my favourite game of all time.

Yeah, multiple solutions to problems would be great.

To kanonite:

-protect the village
-get the help of victor
-do it all alone

Agree, I'd love to have the same kind of freedom in Cyberpunk, story/quest wise.
The only shamefull thing about it, is that you can't continue to play once you finished the game.

Maybe I should rethink FO:NV, I skipped it because I assumed it was just more Fallout 3 which was OK but not "great".

You should give it a try, it's just my opinion, but it's waaaaayyyy better than Fallout 3 (the game is shorter unfortunately, but let's hope for a Fallout 4 in the same vein), the story and the way your actions impacts on the game are closer to the 2 firsts than Fallout 3.
Like, different clans and sub-clans you can join, help, or kill with side quest which will impact the way the main story line is going to play out, there are really a lots of things to do in this one.
Still, it's has some minor flaws but it's a great step forward from F3, you're free to build your story in the main storyline.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom