New & need help

+
New & need help

Sorry but im a father of 5 and dont have a hugh amount of time to read every post so i made this one.I have alot of lag in the game from the get go & during cut scenes I have this wierd neon blue light in the back ground, on the players mouths & it replaces thier eyes.I could really use help in setting up the game for good play, here are my specs & I wasn't sure what you all needed.Thank you in advance for any help.------------------System Information------------------Time of this report: 6/25/2008, 15:21:21 Machine name: FAITH Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111) Language: English (Regional Setting: English)System Manufacturer: Dell Inc. System Model: Dell DXP051 BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A05 Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs) Memory: 2046MB RAM Page File: 379MB used, 3557MB available Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)---------------Display Devices--------------- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce 7300 LE DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D1&SUBSYS_035610DE&REV_A1 Display Memory: 512.0 MB Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz) Monitor: Dell E193FP Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024 Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll Driver Version: 6.14.0011.7519 (English) DDI Version: 9 (or higher)-------------Sound Devices------------- Description: SigmaTel Audio Default Sound Playback: Yes Default Voice Playback: Yes Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_102801A7&REV_1036 Manufacturer ID: 1 Product ID: 100 Type: WDM Driver Name: sthda.sys Driver Version: 5.10.4548.0000 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail WHQL Logo'd: Yes Date and Size: 6/6/2005 18:40:48, 180736 bytes Other Files: Driver Provider: SigmaTel HW Accel Level: Full Cap Flags: 0xF5F Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 192000Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 65, 64 Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 65, 64 HW Memory: 0 Voice Management: Yes EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: Yes, Yes I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: Yes, YesSensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): Yes Registry: OK Sound Test Result: Not run---------------------Sound Capture Devices--------------------- Description: SigmaTel Audio Default Sound Capture: Yes Default Voice Capture: Yes Driver Name: sthda.sys Driver Version: 5.10.4548.0000 (English) Driver Attributes: Final Retail Date and Size: 6/6/2005 18:40:48, 180736 bytes Cap Flags: 0x41 Format Flags: 0xCC0

That reminds me of what I had when I played R6Vegas2.Updating your graphics drivers should help with that generally.*Note that upgrading doesn't necessarily mean newest drivers but rather "best" drivers for your particular card. Older cards are better off with some older drivers for instance.

Ventre said:
---------------Display Devices--------------- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce 7300 LE Display Memory: 512.0 MB
this is the culprityou'll need at least a 7600GS

While I haven't tried it with the witcher, some other games often also require a certain card or above but those slightly below that line can often play it well too under the right circumstances. However I believe you have more knowledge of that than I do :)

This graphic card isnt all that old but im no expert I do know its a 512mb So this card is no good?

Wow, you mean to tell me I can run 3-5 lineage 2 accounts (online game) with high settings but I cant run a simple pc game? I hope this isnt the case cause then I wasted my money on this game lol. I cant afford another graphics card.

STGhost said:
Not quite. I mean to tell you that you may be able to, but you need to work on your drivers.
Well I have the latest drivers for the card. I tend to do this every month or so but beyond that im lost.I lowered some features in the options menu and got rid of a good chunk of lag but that blue color is still an issue & some cut screens are laggy or choppy.

Since your card isn't the newest (its a bit older than the one I have: a 7900), the driver you want to use for it is not the newest driver but the "best" driver for it. This may be a driver that is older than the newest.Have a look at pages like notebookreview or laptopvideo2go (note those are for laptops, but the idea behind "best" driver is the same) to check out which driver is the "best" for your card.

STGhost said:
Since your card isn't the newest (its a bit older than the one I have: a 7900), the driver you want to use for it is not the newest driver but the "best" driver for it. This may be a driver that is older than the newest.Have a look at pages like notebookreview or laptopvideo2go (note those are for laptops, but the idea behind "best" driver is the same) to check out which driver is the "best" for your card.
LOL i let nvidia decide with the option they have but will the best driver effect my other games?

STGhost said:
Usually positively.
Well im not the best at this but I will try to research what should be the best driver for this card. Thank you & if anyone knows the answer already then feel free to pass it on :)

Well I dont seem to be doing well but according to the recommened specs of the game its 6600 or higher for nvidia which means mine should be plenty fine but still lag & neon blue lighting.

However, I recall the 7300LE being weaker than the (old) Radeon 9800Pro, which in turn wasn't as good/fast as a Nvidia 6600.If I recall correctly.

The first number in graphics cards has nothing to do with how good the card is. It's simply a generation number. The number that matters is the second. A "600" series card is where gaming starts, and you really want "800" for optimal gaming. Therefore a 6800 card is going to considerably outperform a 7300, or any class card up to "600" series even in latest batch of cards. And then, what also matters is the type of card. An LE/SE card is very low end, whereas a GT, or GTS, is high end gaming, with Ultra being the best.Sadly, 7300 is barely going to handle The Witcher at best no matter what is done to drivers. It doesn't help that the processor is just barely above requirements. It's night and day between caring a Pentium D and Core 2 Duo chips.My recommendation is getting some more memory and keeping settings as low as possible, as well as defragging prior to next play. If the problem still exists, unfortunately you'll need some upgrades to run this efficiently. :(

Vaernus said:
The first number in graphics cards has nothing to do with how good the card is. It's simply a generation number. The number that matters is the second. A "600" series card is where gaming starts, and you really want "800" for optimal gaming. Therefore a 6800 card is going to considerably outperform a 7300, or any class card up to "600" series even in latest batch of cards. And then, what also matters is the type of card. An LE/SE card is very low end, whereas a GT, or GTS, is high end gaming, with Ultra being the best.Sadly, 7300 is barely going to handle The Witcher at best no matter what is done to drivers. It doesn't help that the processor is just barely above requirements. It's night and day between caring a Pentium D and Core 2 Duo chips.My recommendation is getting some more memory and keeping settings as low as possible, as well as defragging prior to next play. If the problem still exists, unfortunately you'll need some upgrades to run this efficiently. :(
Well this helps to clear up alot alothugh what I dont understand is how my crad is able to perform greatly while playing hard core online games such as lineage 2 *if you read up on it dont go by the intial requirements they are 4 years old* and I can run 3-5 accounts at once and no issues but with regular pc games such as thewitcher & obilvion IV I get issues.I would like to also ask your opinion on this card & if its worth buying (EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS Video Card - 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express SLI Ready Dual DVI HDTV Video Card) 640-P2-N829-AR EVGA GeForce 8800GTS SSC 640-P2-N829-AR Video Card EVGA 640-P2-N829-AR GeForce 8800GTS SSC 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card or this onePNY VCG98GTXXPB PNY XLR8 GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) VCG98GTXXPB Video Card PNY XLR8 VCG98GTXXPB GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card As for memory i have 2gb ram with duo core 2.80 ghzAnother thing, can I upgrade my processor & if so what is a good one? and will I have to upgrade anything else in order to install the processor?

Honestly, I'd go towards an 8800GT at around 512MB if you can find a good price. It is very reliable, fast, and a bit cheaper than GTS version. And it runs The Witcher great.Memory should be fine. As for processor, if you go that route, you'll have to upgrade your motherboard as well and possibly memory. So it'd be a big change. I would personally try the video card first since it will be useful if you did upgrade everything else. :)

Vaernus said:
Honestly, I'd go towards an 8800GT at around 512MB if you can find a good price. It is very reliable, fast, and a bit cheaper than GTS version. And it runs The Witcher great.Memory should be fine. As for processor, if you go that route, you'll have to upgrade your motherboard as well and possibly memory. So it'd be a big change. I would personally try the video card first since it will be useful if you did upgrade everything else. :)
Ok so are you saying a processor can't be changed w/o the motherboard to?Also the gts version I found it for about 207 bucks :evil:

Top Bottom