Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
I courious that what would happend if this announcment later on, or ealrier on after the original CE announcment. It seems to be that the ppl are enought upset with the TR exclusivity and now this. It was a bad move yeah, but it was even more bad timing.

It seems that I need to post this every time we change pages because people don't get it.

Let's repeat, people are NOT raging because they will miss out on a few decks of cards and a cloth map. People are raging because CDPR betrayed their principles and their player base trust. Please tell me that you finally 'get' it because it's tiring to read people calling me and others 'immature'. You are completely missing the point here. Totally.
and don't think that this doesn't affect you. It begins with little things and then it grows worse each time. YOU are going to be negatively affected by this if you just sit there and say "whatever" as you do right now. Realise this please. Pretty please?

Yes, that's what I don't like about it, but it sure isn't everyone problem as well. It could be that CDP Red didn't do that intentional, but that's just the first Step... let's say to get their Image hurt and makes them not so trustworthy, regardless of how small the issue is.
How else do you imagine that some game company have a bad reputation, it's not like they were bad since the very beginning but over time.

Last edited:
CDPR you have let me down. I thought you were different and all for the consumers. PS4 CE pre order cancelled, will buy all your games used from now.

Again, how do you react when the game has different content whether you bought it on Steam, at Gamestop or on Amazon?
I don't think you can reasonnably dislike Ubisoft's marketing and approve what CDPR announced today. Of course you can still dismiss the disappointment by saying it's "immature to cry for a toy", but we'll see how it goes when Cyberpunk get timed exclusive DLC on PS4.

It's timed so "it's not a big deal" and "it's just a 10 minute mission after all", right?
I don't see how "same experience throughout" translates to them breaking the promise, physical contents are obviously not part of the "experience" which is the game. No such experience changing content is being put in certain versions of the game therefore no promise broken.

Jupiter_on_Mars

It seems that I need to post this every time we change pages because people don't get it.

Let's repeat, people are NOT raging because they will miss out on a few decks of cards and a cloth map. People are raging because CDPR betrayed their principles and their player base trust. Please tell me that you finally 'get' it because it's tiring to read people calling me and others 'immature'. You are completely missing the point here. Totally.
and don't think that this doesn't affect you. It begins with little things and then it grows worse each time. YOU are going to be negatively affected by this if you just sit there and say "whatever" as you do right now. Realise this please. Pretty please?

Hate to break it to you: «People» didn't elect you their representative. Each one around here speaks on his behalf and on his behalf alone. It is obvious to me not everyone complaining shares your perspective. But I'll let them do the talking.

The rest of your post amounts to «slippery slope» fallacy. You have no way of knowing whether this will lead to additional privileges being awarded to a segment further down the line, since you're not privy to that sort of marketing info. Furthermore, given the tremendous backlash, I'd say CDProjekt will likely stay away from such deals till Kingdom come.

Last edited:
While you are all welcome to give feedback to CDPR on this announcement, please be reminded that the forum rules still apply and we expect that discussion to be civil. Attacks on other forum members will not be tolerated, any further posts including such attacks will be deleted or edited, and action taken as necessary to avoid this thread turning into a flamewar.

I agree with you.

CDPR you have let me down. I thought you were different and all for the consumers. PS4 CE pre order cancelled, will buy all your games used from now.
Do you have something else to say or are you going to continue repeating the same thing over and over?

I don't see how "same experience throughout" translates to them breaking the promise, physical contents are obviously not part of the "experience" which is the game. No such experience changing content is being put in certain versions of the game therefore no promise broken.

"We are treating all gamers equally,"

"We'll not deliver exclusive content to any of the platforms, nor will we artificially delay release of the game on any of the platforms because somebody's paying us money for that. It's definitely against our values. We are not doing that."
- CD Projekt Red co-founder Marcin Iwinski.

Exactly my brother, they are not 'rebels' or champion of consumers, they are the same money grabbing greedy company as everyone else. Enjoy your deal with Microshaft, it has cost you money from my pocket on all your future products.

Again, how do you react when the game has different content whether you bought it on Steam, at Gamestop or on Amazon?
I don't think you can reasonnably dislike Ubisoft's marketing and approve what CDPR announced today. Of course you can still dismiss the disappointment by saying it's "immature to cry for a toy", but we'll see how it goes when Cyberpunk get timed exclusive DLC on PS4.

It's timed so "it's not a big deal" and "it's just a 10 minute mission after all", right?

It's easier to call people cry babies. But yes, my main concern is how this may be opening the flood gates. Maybe not at first, but a couple years down the road things might be very different. Pressure from MS and Sony to have them behave like everyone else is not going away.

Hate to break it to you: «People» didn't elect you their representative. Each one around here speaks on his behalf and on his behalf alone. It is obvious to me not everyone complaining shares your perspective. But I'll let them do the talking.

The rest of your post amounts to «sliding slope» fallacy.

Sigh...... I WILL let people do the talking. You'll find a surprisingly big number of them agreeing with me. I wonder why that is...

People wont complain, same way they didn't complain when Destiny get's exclusive content forever on PS4. I've learned as long as the majority is happy there is nothing to complain about.

“Gwent is an amazing game and we're really happy to be able to bring it to the physical realm with Microsoft's help. Now we’ve got Gwent in every copy of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt as an in-game experience for free on every platform, and a physical version in the Xbox One CE, how awesome is that?” said Marcin Iwiński
------------------------------------------------------
"We are treating all gamers equally,"
"We'll not deliver exclusive content to any of the platforms, nor will we artificially delay release of the game on any of the platforms because somebody's paying us money for that. It's definitely against our values. We are not doing that."

This is really just sad. Especially Marcin, I never thought he would ever allow, let alone ENDORSE, a thing like this.

It makes me wonder just how long this deal has been on the table. Did they know when they showed the CE info at the conference and kept silent about it on purpose, or is this a relatively new deal? Either way I did not expect to say it but CD Projekt does not have the perfect record of trust anymore and you can not go back from that. Who knows, maybe we will have the first ingame exclusive in a few months.

Top Bottom