Announcing Gwent and bolstering Xbox One Collector’s Edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

+
Na.. DLC is much worse I think.

depends on the content with dlc in my opinion, like it it's colors and costumes then meh, don't affect me much.

but if quests, weapons or characters (depending on type of game) or additional story content and the likes then more so to me

You know seeing all theses comments about ("Microsoft anti-consumer", "Microsoft destroying the game community", ect.) It makes me wonder if owners of Xbox aren't considered part of the gaming community. I get it some people are still spiteful over the policy they tried last year. I understand, but the fact that people are saying MS is bad because they want to give their owners something special other people don't have, while other companies are let to slide, does some what get under my skin.

Honestly Sony does this for many games, ("First on PS", "Exclusive content only on PS",) I hear it millions of times. Yet so many people don't seem to mind it or consider it anti-consumer, when they put their fan base first before others (I don't even see what they are doing like that). But anytime MS announces something remotely similar (no matter how small) they get called the devil. Since they are the devil I guess their owners are the demons that follow. I just wish their wasn't such a double standard going on. I understand that many are angry because we all love the Witcher and I'm not trying to excuse them for doing it. But If you going to say one company is always moneyhatting games, then that stigma should apply to all of them.

Not trying to turn this into a console war, I just needed to get that off my chest.

Attachments

• FUUUUUUUUUUU-sabertooth-wwfc7-organisation-27218920-357-299.jpg
    FUUUUUUUUUUU-sabertooth-wwfc7-organisation-27218920-357-299.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 30
Having exclusive content (no matter if virtual or physical) is a poor choice in general, no doubt, but in the end it's about the game and not about the physical accessories that come with it. As I see it CDPR fulfilled their contractual obligation (too bad they signed up with M$ in the first place, but what has been done cannot be undone I guess) by choosing the lesser evil, which is including additional physical accessories that have zero to none impact on the game itself.

And that's what, in my opinion, actually matters. Would it have been additional virtual in-game content instead or on top of the additional physical content, then (and only then) I guess, it would justify calling for the heads of those responsible to be put on pikes and to be displayed on the castle walls.
But again, in the end it's about the game and as it stands, everyone, no matter the platform or retail/CE will be equally treated with the same content-complete game experience. Period.

we should be talking about gameplay videos....dam cdpr why did you pissed us off, just fired the one Illuminati who had this exclusive brilliant idea.

Please, show some basic respect to the developers on their own forum. You are allowed to discuss and disagree with their decisions under one condition - that it will be done in a civilized manner.

do you mean the same respect like to treat all costumers equally?

Yeah it's called favour for a favour.

MS invited them to their stage, TWICE and that's a really big favour. If then they ask for a favour in return you'll have to do something otherwise you'd be a very shitty person and possibly 'blacklisted'.

Just to address this, while I am sure CDP were happy for the exposure, it's not like this was one sided exchange. Witcher 3 is huge, pretty much most anticipated game right now even among mainstream. MS was lucky to have CDP there and I am sure they wanted to have them. It wasn't a favour in my opinion, but more like mutually beneficient exchange.

You know seeing all theses comments about ("Microsoft anti-consumer", "Microsoft destroying the game community", ect.) It makes me wonder if owners of Xbox aren't considered part of the gaming community. I get it some people are still spiteful over the policy they tried last year. I understand, but the fact that people are saying MS is bad because they want to give their owners something special other people don't have, while other companies are let to slide, does some what get under my skin.

Honestly Sony does this for many games, ("First on PS", "Exclusive content only on PS",) I hear it millions of times. Yet so many people don't seem to mind it or consider it anti-consumer, when they put their fan base first before others (I don't even see what they are doing like that). But anytime MS announces something remotely similar (no matter how small) they get called the devil. Since they are the devil I guess their owners are the demons that follow. I just wish their wasn't such a double standard going on. I understand that many are angry because we all love the Witcher and I'm not trying to excuse them for doing it. But If you going to say one company is always moneyhatting games, then that stigma should apply to all of them.

Not trying to turn this into a console war, I just needed to get that off my chest.
sony is the same cancer as MS to the Business, dont bother

I've never understood this whole mentality a lot of people have that Microsoft is some sort of evil company set on destroying everything you hold dear or even that they come in and make demands of developers and force them to do things they don't want too. I'm not saying they are a good company but they aren't out stealing candy from babies, although it certainly feels that way in the comment sections of many Internet forums and social media sites.

Microsoft don't go out of there way to upset people (I know they have done but I don't any company would intentionally upset the people it wants to buy there product). I'd speculate what happened was Microsoft wanted to do something extra for people who had already purchased there console (brand loyality rather than trying to get people convinced to buy consoles they don't want) and they went to CDProjketred and asked what they had that they could put some money towards to get it done. It's likely this resulted in the card game being add as in game/digital content to the other versions but also of course the physical version for Xbox One CE. I'm sure both parties had an idea that this decision my end up upsetting some people, but I don't think either company did this thinking let's make the PC and PS4 fans feel like we don't love them as much.

Doesn't mean you can't be upset about it, of course you can as I would be if this had happened with any other version than the one I choose to order, but that'd be as far as I'd go. I'd not go to the internet to fan the flames of hate and mistrust that people seem to love doing as soon as things don't go there way.

do you mean the same respect like to treat all costumers equally?

Doesn't matter. Retaliation for what you perceive as disrespect can in no way be considered respectful, in order, or acceptable on this forum. And moderator directions are given to be followed without dispute.

If you can't say it in a manner that respects the developers, who are also members of this forum, do not say it at all, or the moderators will take action sufficient to prevent you from repeating the offense.

XB1 gamers are every part of the global gaming community that PS4 and PC gamers (as well as all other major platforms) You are seen, however, as having a ravenous "big brother" (Microsoft) who does everything for you, getting you tons of physical and digital content. To me, there is no doubt that Microsoft actively FIGHTS for their XB platform.

And it's understandable since PS4 is seen as their rival. But you have the PC community, primarily now on a Windows platform, and like a middle child, they are ignored. And I can tell you as a middle child, that's usually fine; such archetypes usually become very self-actualized and independent, wanting to be left alone to do things for themselves. But when you have Microsoft flapping its yap that it feels it has some responsibility or fault for which it feigns an apology that it doesn't do for the PC as much as it does for the XB, I think it's only natural that the PC community responds in disbelief. After so many of these, we're just tired of hearing them try to assume they can conjure good will by publicly wishing it.

As it stands today, we're used to the XB/PS "whinefest", heck, right now, both are arguing about who can support "1080p and 60FPS", a freaking standard since 2008 in PC gaming, But I think to answer your question here, this isn't as much a battle over "how dare you Microsoft, you've done it again", as it is CDPR's "fall from grace" that, after publicly stating there will be no segregated content by platform, they end up lying to their community with this side deal.

At least that's my take on all this.

I'm incredibly frustrated with these news and after I've read the statement from Marcin at Eurogamer and Rafal's one here, it seems they are toying with us and that I did not know about other stuff. Follow me:

Marcin says
We are also providing special pre-order items for certain retailers around the world, including Witcher comic books, posters, steel books or medallions. Funnily enough, we did not notice any heated comments on the pre-order specials.
. I only knew about the posters and key chain from Gamestop, but foolishly I thought that was just due Gamestop only and I think it's for all platforms, so I don't see why anyone would complain in such a case. I don't know about any other special offer so I can not speak about them.

But what was announced is directly against what Mr. Iwiński himself said a while ago about treating gamers equally. We are not. Even if the game itself is the same, the collector's edition is not, so it's obvious that we are not being treated equally, even more so when whoever already pre-ordered any other version could've bought the X1 version instead if so they wished - this is no longer possible or viable for some people.

Anyway, he thinks this is funny? Really? And even if nobody had ever complained before, so what? They can't now? There can be many reasons. One, they, like me, may not have known about these other pre-order specials or maybe they did, but they thought it minor or their faith in CD Projekt RED was higher or whatever.

And then, why are they doing this?
We need the support of partners to make our game visible worldwide. This should hopefully translate to better sales

which is a little meaningless when

We are not doing any new CE print runs - we are not sold out everywere completly but you are correct in most key marker there is nothing left.

So, for a some more units sold, in one swift move, CD Projekt RED damage their image for ever. The great light of virtue, you are no more. Is that right? Was that worth it?

If you had to help your partner Microsoft, beyond all the PR talk you are already doing, casting their console in an equal light as the other platforms, why not think of a better way? I don't know, what about a demo of the game first on X1 or making an special event somewhere where people could play the game on the X1 or making one contest or whatever, giving a trip for your studio for those who pre-ordered the game on X1 and let Microsoft announce and take care of it? For one, I'd be fine with any of these and I don't believe they would have betrayed what Marcin said earlier.

I'm sad.

I just don't get how many people are aggregated about something that in most cases ne forgotten. giving exclusives is not wise but look at tomb raider in comparison the game is locked out for pc and PS 4, iv'e seen some people who are comparing the two companies for that. really?
we are comparing fluff items and real content here. if we keep this point of view then the pc get a lot more we will be able to mod the game, something that console will never have the ability to do.

No matter if you are okay with this or not. Something happened with the trust of people in cdpr. I've just been reading some of the comments on fb and also on youtube and everywhere the majority of the people don't seem to like it.
I think this will carry on for some time. PC and especially PS4 players won't forget this until after the release I think.
It saddens me to read them.

Just to address this, while I am sure CDP were happy for the exposure, it's not like this was one sided exchange. Witcher 3 is huge, pretty much most anticipated game right now even among mainstream. MS was lucky to have CDP there and I am sure they wanted to have them. It wasn't a favour in my opinion, but more like mutually beneficient exchange.

Mutually beneficial between a segregated selection of the community and Microsoft, though, right? Not the gaming community as a whole.

CDPR, I love ya. This was a stab in the back, yeah, but I still love ya. My only solace is hoping that the people at CDPR who gave the greenlight to this deal feel miserable, and that this whole negative PR reinforces that they should be committed towards treating their fans as equal as possible.

Heck, I paid for a CE. I wanted to show my appreciation, in (large) part due to the fact that they were so respected and esteemed. That feeling doesn't (completely) falter because of these shady doings, because I know there are many CDPR devs who had no hand in this, and their tireless work should not be wholly discredited due to the actions of a few misguided persons.

That's my take on it.

Top Bottom