The Witcher Fan Art Thread

+

I'll second that! With chorus!!!

So, while I wait for the rest of Dandelion to be revealed, I've gone ahead and started on Geralt. Here's your preview!
View attachment 5625

Excellent, man ! ~*

Before @Валькирия takes over the entire topic, I want to leave some feedback.

You really managed to make Geralt look more grim like you set out to do, so respect for that !
This version of Geralt is very close to perfection.

Should you continue this piece, watch out for the change in skin complexion at the neck.
In this WIP his skin tone isn't consistent (yet), even if we ignore the lighting.

Good job ~ !

Prettiest fanart in this topic.

Aaaaaaand I'm out of here ~*

Last edited:
Excellent, man ! ~*

Before @Валькирия takes over the entire topic, I want to leave some feedback.

You really managed to make Geralt look more grim like you set out to do, so respect for that !
This version of Geralt is very close to perfection.

Should you continue this piece, watch out for the change in skin complexion at the neck.
In this WIP his skin tone isn't consistent (yet), even if we ignore the lighting.

Good job ~ !

Thank you, Zorn! Love your input as always. I'll definitely keep the neck in mind as it goes along, it's definitely been the least focused on area so far, especially since I need to see just how much the armor is going to end up covering it. No sense in doing more work than I have to. :p

Have a lot more more to do on the hair as well. Still debating whether to stick with the ponytail or go with his free flowing hair.

I was playing with some skin tone yesterday and paled him up quite a bit. Think it's enough? Should I go a bit further?

And it's fine with me if @Валькирия takes over the thread. There are much, MUCH worse things that could happen. ;)

Have a lot more more to do on the hair as well. Still debating whether to stick with the ponytail or go with his free flowing hair.
I was playing with some skin tone yesterday and paled him up quite a bit. Think it's enough? Should I go a bit further?

I think the skin tone in the face itself is excellent, you should use it as a reference.

Of course there are always people who want Geralt to be as pale as he was in the Witcher 1,
but I'm not very convinced of that rendition.

By making Geralt more pale you'd also lose the contrast to the white hair, which makes it stand out more.
He has the nickname "white wolf" because of his white mane, not because he is entirely white.

As for the hair... I like the open hair we saw in the render version better.
But if this ponytail is going to be the ingame canon hairstyle, it might be more fitting for such a fanart.

No clue. Toss a coin.

And it's fine with me if @Валькирия takes over the thread. There are much, MUCH worse things that could happen. ;)

...we could run out of coffee.

That would also be a good setting for a dystopian videogame.

Coffee Punk 2077

Welcome to the future. A future without coffee.
The Decaffi-nation, ruled by an oppressive government has managed to ban coffee from it's neon-lit streets,
and their sleeper agents - under the lead of General Exhaustion - send innocent people to bed early.
A mind that rests is a mind that doesn't plot rebellion.

But there are some who dare to dream while being awake.
INSOMNIA, a group of courageous individuals with unusual haircuts oppose this malevolent government.
By inducing a synthesized coffee drug called Brown Gold directly into your bloodstream during an experiment,
their last hope has given birth to a caffeinated savior.

Do you have what it takes to save them ? Sugar or milk ?

Hold on, I'm securing the rights...

Last edited:
I think the skin tone in the face itself is excellent, you should use it as a reference.

Of course there are always people who want Geralt to be as pale as he was in the Witcher 1,
but I'm not very convinced of that rendition.

By making Geralt more pale you'd also lose the contrast to the white hair, which makes it stand out more.
He has the nickname "white wolf" because of his white mane, not because he is entirely white.

As for the hair... I like the open hair we saw in the render version better.
But if this ponytail is going to be the ingame canon hairstyle, it might be more fitting for such a fanart.

No clue. Toss a coin.
Yeah, if I were to go any paler, it wouldn't be much for exactly that reason. But I will definitely use the face shading for color sampling on the neck. On a random side note, I just re-downloaded Witcher 1 this weekend actually, but haven't gotten a chance to get back into it.

Maybe I'll just do both version of the hair on different layers, give people options. Hair is actually a lot easier than other stuff. They can also have bearded and non-beard Geralt. I love layers so much. ;)

...we could run out of coffee.

That would also be a good setting for a dystopian videogame.

Coffee Punk 2077

Welcome to the future. A future without coffee.
The Decaffi-nation, ruled by an oppressive government has managed to ban coffee from it's neon-lit streets,
and their sleeper agents - under the lead of General Exhaustion - send innocent people to bed early.
A mind that rests is a mind that doesn't plot rebellion.

But there are some who dare to dream while being awake.
INSOMNIA, a group of courageous individuals with unusual haircuts oppose this malevolent government.
By inducing a synthesized coffee drug called Brown Gold directly into your bloodstream during an experiment,
their last hope has given birth to a caffeinated savior.

Do you have what it takes to save them ? Sugar or milk ?

Hold on, I'm securing the rights...

Aaaaaaaaaaand this thread just got Zorned. I love it! It would of course have to star you. I swear, if I cut you, you'd bleed coffee.

Let's get back on topic.

@shinobi2u
Well....coffee and milk technically....:p

As for @Валькирия taking over the thread: I wouldn't mind!:clover::blushing:

Zorn absorbs the milk into his body, leaving the purest, darkest coffee in his viens to fuel his love of all things Ciri and defy sleep.

Hahaha, I think at this rate there needs to be a club or thread for @Валькирия. She is probably laughing her ass off at how silly this thread has gotten.

@EmperorZorn
I think you should return to your padded room now!
:troll:

You're just jealous because your walls aren't clad in velvet padding.

I can totally picture you in a room like that. Blood red or a shade of purple for the velvet. Hands steepled in front of you like a villain. Drawing tablet in your lap. Lighting dim. Slight smirk on your face. I am totally thinking too much about this. *runs away*

*comes back* And now something actually on-topic, really enjoyed this Yen piece (even if the hair doesn't have a lot of curls like @wichat loves). No idea if it's been posted at any point, I'm going to opt to be lazy and not go through all 62 pages.

Last edited:
@EmperorZorn
I doubt any of us have a chance.

No clue what you're talking about...
I was just appreciating this Keira Metz fanart.

And I'll be completely honest here, it's a drawn a bit too beautiful.
Keira Metz should look more battleworn and not as perfect and pretty as on this fanart.

*high five with Shinobi*

.... @Валькирия will probably kill me when she comes back.
This is why I have to make most of life now ! Off to the drawing tablet ~

Top Bottom