Tips & Tricks

+
Tips & Tricks

The Tricks section has info that experienced players should be aware of. These are bugs in the current version that you could exploit to give you an edge. The Tips section contain a couple pointers intended for newer players.

Update in progress to be in line with current version TR038.

Tricks

Foul Play gives 3 proofs
  • The purple investigation card, "Foul Play" is bugged and gives 3 proofs instead of 3 leads. Now that's foul play! :thumbsup:
Tips

Double-click dice instead of dragging
  • You can double-click the dice and they'll go into their appropriate slots, just be careful of the die that converts 1 sword into a shield.
  • You can spam double-click to send up a bunch of dice in a row; instead of waiting for the animation to slide the dice left, after you double-click one.
Don't be afraid to use Fast Travel
  • I notice a common mistake newer players make is they don't use Fast Travel enough. Normal travel is safer and more appropriate in many cases, but all players are racing to finish their quests throughout the game and there are also many cases where it is better to use Fast Travel.
  • You will have to draw a Foul Fate card, but many times the result will have no real [bad] effect on you.
Avoid unnecessary battles
  • If you're resolving red investigation cards, read over the rewards and consequences of the card; if you have 7 gold and the battle gives you 3 gold, at the cost of being delayed, you should probably skip it unless you have the 13 gold main quest.
  • Read over the monster card and use your dev cards only if it's beneficial. Aside from Geralt, your dev cards have charges that are used up, so only use them if it'll be beneficial; otherwise, save them for a more appropriate battle later on.
Don't pick the 13 gold quest unless you have lots of gold
  • By "lots", I mean around double-digits. A 10-lead quest takes roughly 5 rounds, whereas this takes Dandy about 6.5 and Yarpen 13(50% success); and only gives 12 VP, versus a 10-lead's 16.

Last edited:
Just two quick tips of mine:

* Investigate before travel:
Some Investigation cards give you a "Sidequest" that is completed when you visit a specific location of the map. If you use your first action to "Investigate" and receive one of these cards, you still have the second action available to "Travel" / "Fast Travel" to the desired location (if it is in range) and complete the sidequest. And investigating before travelling, you are avoiding the possibility of drawing a Investigation card whose location subquest is the location you were before travelling (i.e. use your first action to travel from Mahakam to Rivia, and investigating as second action, and drawing a card with the subquest "go to Mahakam". If you investigated as your first action, and drew that same card, the subquest would have been completed automatically - as you are already in Mahakam - and you would still have your second action available).

* Better the devil you know:
If your character is weak in combat, consider the possibility of not killing bronze monsters, as they can be used to avoid combats against silver or gold monsters, or having to draw Ill Fortune cards. (I.e. If you have to travel across a region populated with a gold monster, a silver monster, a bronze monster, and a Ill Fortune banner, in the Obstacle Phase you can keep fighting the bronze monster multiple times and not killing it, to avoid having to fight the gold or silver monster, or drawing the Ill Fortune card).

Last edited:
That's true, I generally investigate before travelling as well. Particularly since you can get more leads out of investigating and some investigations will delay you; investigating every turn should be a priority.

The second tip is particularly useful for Triss and Dandy; but also for the other two, when they're speed-running without dev cards.

:laughing: Just wanted to let everyone know abou the bug I added to the list; purple investigation card, "Foul Play" gives 3 proofs instead of 3 leads. Geralt's gonna kick ass with that, since 1 purple proof = 7 purple leads for him. :sweat:

Top Bottom