Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
I wouldn't call anything outlandish these days. Remember Doom 3 and Crysis? Those games fucking melted PCs. What we get these days is pretty mild.

What's wrong with Varric? I'm not seeing it.

He looks like he has lipstick on to me, and all around just looks flamboyant. The rogue Inquisitor is even worse:

Flushed lips, tight pants, long tight gloves and boots, short jacket... This guy looks like a male stripper :rofl: The helm, if it were red and his jacket yellow, he'd look like a stripper dressed as a fireman, LOL. At least Hawke looked like he could kill something.

Does anybody knows another game with 17th century stuff?

Giant wigs are lacking in DA:I though, but since a lot of characters have short/no hair, there's still a chance it's a customization option!

And now I'm dreaming of a "Mousquetaire" game. Nobody has the guts to do that, even if there's plenty of matter...

Last edited:
Wait... is he even one of the ones who like birds ? I'm so confused about the whole sexuality thing (not a metaphor for my real life ! ;)).

But as I force myself to look at that pic you made again for the fun of it... was there ever an explanation as to why his moustache is either drawn on, a caterpillar, or some iron fillings escaped from one of those old magnetic drawing thingies you used to get?

Aah, I thought that was a reference to the cartoon character, lol. There was an episode with him and pigeons :lol: Dorian is definitely gay though. That was how Bioware chose to announce him. "First openly gay male character", since I guess anders was bi. And when someone's sexuality is the first thing mentioned and the biggest thing about a character, it's an automatic red light for me.

Zevran was gay, really gay (technically bi) and while it's a big part of his charm, lol, it's not the first thing we heard about him. He's a badass assassin that gets into trouble and has a bunch of funny adventures to share with you. Dorian... all I know about him so far is he's gay, and that he left wherever he came from because of it or some crap. Lame.

And I guess his stache is like that because Orlais, lol. I think he's from Orlais.

Aah, I thought that was a reference to the cartoon character, lol.

It was. If theres been a misunderstanding, could be one of us is just tired... and it's probably me ;)

Och I don't want to drag up all this DA sex stuff again, I'm sure it's been talked through ad absurdum here already, I probably read it at the time, and know I'm not really interested so probably threw that knowledge out of short term memory with the other garbage of that day. This game, people going into it knowing so much already... whats the point of playing it ? (rhetorical question, move along please ;))

Aah, I thought that was a reference to the cartoon character, lol. There was an episode with him and pigeons :lol: Dorian is definitely gay though. That was how Bioware chose to announce him. "First openly gay male character", since I guess anders was bi. And when someone's sexuality is the first thing mentioned and the biggest thing about a character, it's an automatic red light for me.

Zevran was gay, really gay (technically bi) and while it's a big part of his charm, lol, it's not the first thing we heard about him. He's a badass assassin that gets into trouble and has a bunch of funny adventures to share with you. Dorian... all I know about him so far is he's gay, and that he left wherever he came from because of it or some crap. Lame.

And I guess his stache is like that because Orlais, lol. I think he's from Orlais.

But that never happened, it was just a gamer assumption because lol everyone is looking for something to nitpick about

This was Dorian announcement:
http://www.dragonage.com/#!/en_US/news/character-profile-dorian

You can see by yourself that many important things about the character were mentioned before saying that he is gay, but game sites decided to make headlines about it.

But that never happened, it was just a gamer assumption because lol everyone is looking for something to nitpick about

This was Dorian announcement:
http://www.dragonage.com/#!/en_US/news/character-profile-dorian

You can see by yourself that many important things about the character were mentioned before saying that he is gay, but game sites decided to make headlines about it.

Ah okay, fair enough. I was too quick to believe that for Bioware.

Another example of why gaming journalism sucks ass.

edit: And since I know now that he's from Tevinter... that begs the question that still needs to be answered, which is what's up with that stache :lol:

@Unkindled: Dorian is from the Imperium.

Gaider decided to make headlines by over emphasizing his sexuality.

"first fully gay character" ring a bell?

If I was a homosexual I would be so fucking offended by Bioware.

The Imperium is in Tevinter, isn't it? It's called the Tevinter Imperium.

As for who did it, I've seen that headline from several sites. Don't know if one was from Gaider or not, since I saw the articles summed up and posted on Tumblr, which is where I learned about most of what I know of DA: I, before I signed up here.

edit: Yea, the whole country is referred to as the Tevinter Imperium, I'm positive.

The Imperium is in Tevinter, isn't it? It's called the Tevinter Imperium.

As for who did it, I've seen that headline from several sites. Don't know if one was from Gaider or not, since I saw the articles summed up and posted on Tumblr, which is where I learned about most of what I know of DA: I, before I signed up here.

edit: Yea, the whole country is referred to as the Tevinter Imperium, I'm positive.

I know the place, I was just being lazy in typing. It is indeed the Tevinter Imperium, rather what's left of it.

The "fully gay" comment was by Gaider, we all had a field day with it.

Also the second part of my post wasn't aimed at you.

I thought that it was pretty obvious that by 'fully gay' he meant not bisexual, like others characters he made before, and that's it.

but whatever.

I know the place, I was just being lazy in typing. It is indeed the Tevinter Imperium, rather what's left of it.

The "fully gay" comment was by Gaider, we all had a field day with it.

Also the second part of my post wasn't aimed at you.

:lol: Ah I read you now.
@Geralt_387 It is, but the idea that Bi is "half gay" is stupid. Gay is gay, straight is straight. That's how I see it.

Top Bottom