Witcher 3 Geralt Cosplay

+
Ah, not so long ago I was wondering if your project was still in the works - we haven't heard from you in a long time. Good to know that you that you didn't cancel it. Keep the great work up!

Thanks for the good words! I'm finally home! Since I've been on the road for a week, I don't have much by way of updates, but I'll hope to post at least a "little something" tomorrow!

Picture Time

Hey all, picture time!

The shoulders continue to be as much work as I expected. The stitching on the straps that run along the chest is pretty much finished. The boots are more than half-done. Next weekend will be a big "metal shop" day. Three weeks out. Things are coming together well!

First off... the medallion is here! The coloring was off, so I had to hit it with some silver. Like all the pictures tonight... harsh light leaves some to be desired. Just wait until you see it with the rest of the costume!

Medallion

After something like twenty hours of hand stitching, the gloves are finished!

Gloves

One of the two scabbards that are "in progress". The metal throat and chape will be put together during next weekends metal working session!

Scabbard in progress

Wanted to get at least something out for you this week :)

Boots

It's kind of scary looking at the date! Three weeks out!

We finished off the boots last night. Have to wear them around in the dirt a bit to kick the shine off of them - although most of the reflection is caused by the camera flash.

Boots Front

Boots Back

We have a big metal working, three-day weekend coming up so we'll have cool stuff to show you soon! I'd say we're around 80% finished, but I just made that number up :D

That is some good stuff! I mean I cospayed Gandlaf once, it took me two days to create it and it was still pretty shitty. And you do it piece by piece everything as good as possible. So yeah..good job and keep it rolling.

Busy Weekend

Thanks for all the "Thanks", "RedPoints", and replies all. It's really appreciated. I enjoy making these posts as much as I like making the actual stuff. I can't wait to show you all the finished product! This weekend we went out to visit family... and make use of their metal shop!

Here's a little shot of the forge for fun. If you look close you can see the spurs on the right and the bar that will eventually be the hook on the left...

Forging!

Spurs in progress. I need to cut the straps and throw a little dye on them. Enjoy the sweet sweatpants as well lol.

Spurs

Witcher hook. I'm particularly proud of this piece.

Hook

A closeup of the crossguard for the steel sword... again, pretty pleased considering I'm not a blacksmith!

Steel Crossguard

Silver Sword Work in Progress. I'll be sanding down the hilt for better shape and wrapping it in either suede or wire, depending on which screenshot I decide to follow. As a bonus, the sword is in it's scabbard, which still needs the throat and chape added.

Silver WIP

Steel Sword Work in Progress. The steel sword was coming along beautifully - until the tang snapped off - so that will take some time to repair. In the meantime, the same amount of work on the silver needs to be added as well, both the hilt wrapping and the scabbard fittings.

Steel WIP

That's it for pictures today. We finally managed to finish the pants and shape the shoulders. All it all it was a very productive weekend!

Sorry to hear about the steel sword, but what you've got so far looks really good! Definitely keep it coming! And thanks for keeping us updated!

Progress Report

No pictures today, since we're at the stage where WIP pictures don't change much from day to day. Finished the Silver Sword, finished one of the pauldrons, completed some "miscellaneous" tasks, ran some hair and makeup experiments. I'm setting Wednesday as the next picture day; hopefully I'll have some cool things to show you then... after all we're only twelve days away from the due date!

PS Hand stitching 16 gauge chainmail to 12 ounce leather for the shoulders is the single hardest costume, armor, what-have-you, thing that I've ever done. At least all the blood makes it look used lol.

Wow! I guess you have mad skillz in craft. Your work with "period" materials is really impressive! Can't wait to see more and wish you a good luck!

Life gives you lemons...

Just when you think you have every 'i' dotted and 't' crossed...

I was debating even posting this, but my dad collapsed Thursday night and he's been in the hospital ever since. We've been with him ever since and oddly enough they tend to frown on setting rivets in a hospital. He's doing well enough now that I can begin to think about other things again.We have about two hours worth of work to get the costume photo-shoot ready. Tomorrow afternoon we'll be putting the finishing touches on it and we'll be doing the photos on Tuesday night. I'll post up the full shoot for you guys as a "thank you for following my thread" gift. Additionally, in the off-chance of a "it's a small world", I'll be wearing the costume in Omaha, NE for Nebraskon on Friday. It's an long shot that anyone that frequents here will happen to be there, but if you are say hi and we'll have a drink. Goodness knows I could use one.

Wow, sorry to hear that! : (

As much as I look forward to seeing everything you've done come together, family life is way more important. I hope your father recovers very quickly. You're obviously very dedicated to take the time to update us when all that is going on! I won't be making it to Nebraskon, but I hope it's lots of fun and takes your mind off current struggles!

Sorry to hear that, man, I know what it's like. Getting your mind off it really is the best thing you can do, so the photo session sounds like a good way to do that.

Anyway, hope everything turns out okay :)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that, hope verything turns out alright.

If I'm not mistaken it's stated in the Cosplay contest rules that the pictures can't be made publicly available until after the contest.

I also hope that your father will recover quickly!
It would be so sad if you don't submit to the contest, after all the work you achieved...

Since he will feel better, please, get your suit done, then take some pictures, and good ones! :D
Hum.. Nebraska is a little too far for me, I'll pass this time..

@HellKnightX88, since I'm also concerned ;), I have read the contest cosplay rules again, but there's nothing about it..
But you are right on the fact that participants should not publish their costume's pictures before the end of the contest to preserve their "wow factor".
I think that is what you mean :)

@beefers96

I hope your dad gets better soon, my friend ~

*raises a cup of coffee* ...to his health !

@HellKnightX88, since I'm also concerned ;), I have read the contest cosplay rules again, but there's nothing about it..
But you are right on the fact that participants should not publish their costume's pictures before the end of the contest to preserve their "wow factor".
I think that is what you mean :)
I was looking over them myself and I can't find it anymore, I could have sworn I saw something along those lines in the rules initially.

Top Bottom