The Witcher Fan Art Thread

+
Best Friends Forever. XD
Yen and Triss by luizferrarezzi http://luizferrarezzi.deviantart.com/art/Yennefer-and-Triss-491191979

I.....I have the urge to draw wings on that glowing orb and turn it into Navi. Then it would look like Yen is about to crush Navi.

Best friends.....hah!

Love the watercolor style with this, really gives the medallion a lovely look. Credit: inawyrd

Last edited:
Thank you! :D
Sadly, yes, that is all i drew regarding Novigrad because i was drawing on an A4 paper and due to the scale i started with and deadline of competition, i couldnt fit other areas in.
As you said, I can continue to the southern suburb areas and also complete the little northern island as well. But currently i'm a bit preoccupied with my job so i'm not sure when i could return to that...
And again, sadly, i dont have any other drawings. Maybe in the future and maybe for Cyberpunk project as well :)

Big respects to you regarding drawing through information from books :hatsoff: that's a challenging task but it will be really valuable and unique. i would love to see it when it's completed.
One tip - urban planning on your map is rather too irregular for the biggest metropoly of the North. How about using city grid of Rome?

Golly gosh, @madam_B! I am swept away by your composition almost immediately! What delicious craftsmanship! I feel the weight of the Hunt's presence in this piece and it's just so gosh darn satisfying.

One tip - urban planning on your map is rather too irregular for the biggest metropoly of the North. How about using city grid of Rome?

You're right. I told that to myself too, after the finish. It would have helped increase legibility of the plan as well. I guess I followed the screenshot's hints a bit too much, falsely interpreting some of its content, especially for that upper area. Kind of restricted my imagination.

At the start i had a medieval theme in mind and not every medieval city were orderly. In comparison, cities of previous eras were better planned. So considering Novigrad is one of the biggest cities in the Witcher universe, i imagined there would not be much strict orderly development but more like an organic development(meaning people themselves develop the built environment in time). I had some Rome influence in mind, e.g. i took Cardo & Decumanus into consideration. But as you say, overall, it got a bit too irregular in the end...

Regarding possible edits, in my opinion, the Non-human and Commons' District could stay as it is. The communal characteristic of Non-humans lead to clustering and creating more cul-de-sac s compared to other districts, back alleys for some shady characters and such. Some irregularity may suit there. But the northern island could have had some grid system in relation with topography. That would also reflect the socio-economic difference of people in the city better as well. I did that in the Trade District as i provided a grid resemblance to provide more accessibility for trade carts, merchants etc. So, yeah, a more grid based form for that upper zone is something i should do.

Thank you for feedback, i really appreciate it :hatsoff: I'll be more careful in the future :)

So ehm, finally first pics from Lucca Comics & Games 2014 are coming, and here...cosplay!
Me and @_lanfear met them during 2013 edition, but it's good to see that they made it even this year (and with Iorveth too!), too bad I was not there this time, such funny guys.
Also, Triss' magical staff lights up. :p

[SUB]The lack of Yennefer is disturbing, anyway.[/SUB]

Last edited:
they did a cosplay even better than last year!
Iorveth without scar..ma still Iorveth XD

(maybe next year we'll have a Yen cosplay... finally)

they did a cosplay even better than last year!
Iorveth without scar..ma still Iorveth XD

(maybe next year we'll have a Yen cosplay... finally)
I hope so, implying we'll go to Lucca C&G again to see it... *starts crying*

Top Bottom