Dragon Age: Inquisition

+
1) Brothers and desire demons is true, but brothers are mentioned. It's not like you actually visit any real city. The capital of Orlais is terrible.

2) There were black people in DA:O in Lothering, Denerim, Redcliff etc. not many but it's not like DA:I is swimming in black people. I've seen 5 so far total, including Vivienne and Mother Giselle.

3) No it wasn't mentioned by Fenris in DA2. It was just speculated by people that he was raped. As for DA:I. it isn't mentioned but it is implied.

4) There's plenty of racism available if you play a non-human Inquisitor, and outside of that is exists.

5) This game has full frontal female nudity during romance scenes. Here you're literally talking out of your ass. Also Morrigan..

1) Mentioning a brothel and being able to enter it are two different stories. Not being in a real city is not a argument against it. Denerim in Origins wasn't much bigger than Val Royeaux and there was still one. You can also place one in a village like Redcliffel (witcher 2 style with flotsam)
2) I don't remember black people in origins (duncan with his darker skin tone being the only one I remember, although i wouldn call him black) but even if it's true there were only a handful like you said. In In Iqusition there are lot more. Like i said about 30% of the population and much more than the 5 you mentioned.
I don't mind having more people of colour but it should match the lore and setting. If Dragon Age 4 will play in tevinter or rivain i wouldn't want to see the majority being white there.
3)I don't remember the conversation exactly , but after talking to him i thought he was raped. So it was either said or heavily implied.
4) Well, at least not in the first hours. I have played 6 hours with my femaleelven Inqusitor and don't remember any racism towards me. I was rather surprised how all the humans praised and admired my elf, althought i was tought in the previous games that elves are considered to be "inferior" by humans.
6) What dou you mean with full frontal nudity? Talking about the male straight options, Cassandra shows only her breast and Josephine didn't even get a sex scene. Altough I wasn't talking about the sexscenes. I was talking about the female npcs in thedas. All are dressed like nuns. Seems no one shows any cleavege,(except for Vivienne) which seems to be highly unrealistic to me. So either all women in thedas are very prudish or Bioware was just afraid of showing skin.
You are right about Morrigan, forgot her.

Last edited:
For the love of God, who the hell cares?? I don't like token races being thrown in usually either when it doesn't fit, but I've only noticed like two? Black people? I dunno, I wasn't paying attention. Too busy playing the damn game to care.

---------- Updated at 03:40 PM ----------

And this isn't fucking england just because it's based off of england, so again, who cares? There's Isabella and Vivienne. Isabella's from Rivain, and they have dark skinned people. Even if Duncan doesn't really look black, Isabella did in DA 2. The world has black people in it, so I don't see the issue here. It's not an actual England recreation. Bioware can put in whoever they want.

Last edited:
I have played 6 hours

This is where I stop. This is a 40-50 hour game minimum and you judge it based on that.

No I will not argue with someone who has only experience so little.

Last edited:
Does it really matter with a number (30%, 25%, 5% whatever who is black). The fact remains that this game is VERY toned down when it comes to dealing with the horrors that is war and turmoil: careless killings, mass murders, mass rape, racism torture and I could go on. It might touch upon them in vague mentions but nowhere does this game present the fact that the whole world they live in is suppose to be falling apart! It's a beautified fantasy land made to impress. Unfortunately it is filled with static people that make very few reference to any of the horrors that is suppose to unfold around them or environments that reflect the ugly state this world is in. It makes it unbelievable in the story it wants to tell.

Oh no the world is falling apart. Let me get this random love letter to s shine in the forest.

Last edited:
This is where I stop. This is a 40-50 hour game minimum and you judge it based on that.

No I will not argue with someone who has only experience so little.
I have more than enough playtime to judge the game.

The 6 hours were referring to my second character.
An answer to your previous (edited) question: The 30% were my observation of characters I i have met in the game.But I just counted it. From 105 people in Redcliffe (biggest village, Ferelden) 33 were black, so I was very close with my guess.
And again, adding more poeple of colour is fine, but only if it makes sense in the setting and not just for the sake of politically correctness. And that's what Bioware is doing if 1/3 of the Fereldan population is black.

I think they don't talk about rape and racism and blah blah.. because we already know about that from the last two games. They only touch on it because it's old. Everyone by now knows humans are racist to qunari and elves, everyone's aware rape is a thing here from previous games. Who cares. The focus is the demonic invasion, and demons luckily, to my knowledge don't rape. Sexually anyway.

This out of everything else actually wrong with the game is what you bring up? There's already enough grim and edgy from Witcher. Not every game needs to be the same.

I think they don't talk about rape and racism and blah blah.. because we already know about that from the last two games. They only touch on it because it's old. Everyone by now knows humans are racist to qunari and elves, everyone's aware rape is a thing here from previous games. Who cares. The focus is the demonic invasion, and demons luckily, to my knowledge don't rape. Sexually anyway.

This out of everything else actually wrong with the game is what you bring up? There's already enough grim and edgy from Witcher. Not every game needs to be the same.
We were talking about this, because there was a article from Kotaku, stating that Dragon Age Inquisition went from a "dark european fantasy " to a "high fantasy wonderland". http://tay.kotaku.com/how-bioware-turned-dragon-age-from-a-dark-european-fant-1662330835

But I agree there a tons of bigger problems with the game. Lifeless world, weak story, 90% of the quests being boring fetch quests, horrible pc controls, dumb companion ai to name a few.

We were talking about this, because there was a article from Kotaku, stating that Dragon Age Inquisition went from a "dark european fantasy " to a "high fantasy wonderland". http://tay.kotaku.com/how-bioware-turned-dragon-age-from-a-dark-european-fant-1662330835

But I agree there a tons of bigger problems with the game. Lifeless world, weak story, 90% of the quests being boring fetch quests, horrible pc controls, dumb companion ai to name a few.

Well that's good for you. Anyway I know how the conversation started, I'm just saying that it was silly to bring it up, whether it came from Kotaku, who I could care less about, or not.

As for the other problems with the game, lifeless world is subjective. Plenty of people and things going on for me to feel the land is alive, but I guess you're referring to the people standing around. Been like that all throughout the series. Weak story, well the story has always been weak since Origins, and the quests we already covered that they had a lot of fetch quests, though 90 percent fetch is reactionary and incorrect.

PC controls and stupid ai are about the only things here that can't really be argued.

---------- Updated at 04:53 PM ----------

Also, I haven't finished the game, but what I've seen so far, with the decisions you've had to make and the epicness, I'd say the story isn't weak in delivery, even if it is in concept.

Pretty sure random NPCs are randomly generated anyway.

It surprises me how close the PC's dialogue is to what I want him to say sometimes. When Iron Bull asked me why I decided to "turtle up" in relation to me picking Champion as my specialization, I chose the paraphrase "I want to be unkillable", and the PC says "I want to take the strongest blow that my enemy can give... and laugh." :lol: Took the words right out of my mouth.

---------- Updated at 06:52 PM ----------

@Costin, you ever try changing your date on your pc to speed up the war room stuff? It works with everything, though so far I've only used it to get everite, which is like stormheart and a tier three metal. If you send leliana to the mission gather metals in orlais, she'll get six a pop, which you can get instantly by being a cheap slut like me :lol: This will make things a lot simpler in general. As fun as it was gathering and stuff to better prepare... I don't think I can do all that again any time soon.

I felt cheap using it for anything else but metal. Don't ask me why, all those missions do is get you power and some random crap that usually isn't worth much.

80h +- in the game / Im person that likes to do all sidequests.

What piss me off... one handed swords are bad compared to other one handed weapons... AND ...

Fu...... weapons for rogues ... they are everywhere...its just like all NPC's are rogue's ... and drops them.No decent swords.

Warrior with garde system is overpowered.Make weapons and armors that give u garde when u hit...More OP.

80h +- in the game / Im person that likes to do all sidequests.

What piss me off... one handed swords are bad compared to other one handed weapons... AND ...

Fu...... weapons for rogues ... they are everywhere...its just like all NPC's are rogue's ... and drops them.No decent swords.

Warrior with garde system is overpowered.Make weapons and armors that give u garde when u hit...More OP.

Agreed with this. I don't like how the axes feel in the game, and I never use maces in any fantasy game, but those outclass my current weapon, which with some of the best ores in the game, still has less attack than the axes and such. But I don't mind too much. I'm already a tank.

It's funny that they have so many good weapons for them, but the rogues suck so much dick. They get put down too fast. So does iron bull, even with guard abilities. Would like to use him more, but he can't keep up in places like the exalted planes. Not at all.

---------- Updated at 08:17 PM ----------

Granted, that was my experience with rogues and Sten for instance in previous games as well. Besides my rogue that is.

With a game like this where you can yank people across the field with a chain, it's not worth much :p Not that I don't appreciate the input of course, and what you said is true. Hence, knights holding their swords by their blades and using the hilt as a blunt weapon. Just teasing.

I could fly with that if I believed that was their actual reason for doing that, but I doubt it. Not this drastically anyway. Though I believe swords were always a bit weaker in base damage before. But they had better criticals, especially with rogues, so it didn't really matter before.

---------- Post merged on 26-11-2014 at 01:59 AM ----------

And another one bites the dust. This time I took pictures. You can click for bigger clearer shots.
Ello! I am Baldur, the Dragonkin Hunta! And today, we're gonna hunt ourselves a dragon!

This is me, Baldur.

Also known as "Unkindled", because dragonfire don't got nuthin on meself, let me tell ya! Now, let me get my gear, and I'll meet you in the Down Unda!

By golly, it sure is bright out here. Lemme get a shadier angle...

Ooh yea, that's betta! Now, me ma always used to say I was a vain lad.. but I don't give a fuck! I look good, by crocky! Now, lets move on shall we? I spotted old girl not too long ago and set up some traps to lure her in. Lets hop up on me lizard and see if she'll take a nibble!

Hmm, I don't see nuthin yet....

Ooh! Deh she is! And she's a big un, fa sure! Now, we're gonna stay nice n' quiet, so we can sneak up on... oh, wait. I guess she saw us...

No worries, she's just flyin by. Now, if I just pretend like I'm walkin by and be real nonchalant-like, maybe she won't bother us.

And as you can see, that did not work. Put down that fucking camera and help us out already!

Now you see, kids. This is what happens when you decide to be a little fucking prick. Now, I should let ol' Betsy take a lick out of Camera girl's gizzard, but then we'd have ta deal wid yet another lawsuit. So, guess it's time for me to pull her ass outta the fiya.

That was a metaphor, you fucking asshole, but no matta! They don't call me Unkindled for nothin!

Now, Betsy here decided to be a bitch and take a chip outta my favorite shield. I wasn't gonna kill ol' girl... but now I'm gonna haf ta. Close yer eyes, kids! This un's gonna get messy, by crocky...

Aaaand, she's dead. That's the camera girl right theh. Figured she might as well get a picture with ol' Betsy as a souvenir before I fire her ass. She got banged up pretty good. Serves her right. And while I'm at it, the chip in my shield is coming outta that bitch's paycheck. Well, I'm off to clean the blood and piss outta my suit. This was another episode of Dragonkin hunta. See ya next time, you sons of bitches.

Last edited:
Please tell me the romance dialogues get better...and that heart icon...

Aside from that, dialogue is pretty good. Nothing outstanding so far. Just finished Redcliffe, when does it get good?

Last edited:
Top Bottom