The Witcher Adventure Game Out Now!

+
Not sure to get the digital version or the physical one to play with my brothers and dad. Can anyone who's played it please honestly tell me how good it is compared with other, similar board games. Is it worth it to anyone not interested in the witcher series such as my family or should i just get the digital edition. I heard there wasn't much interactivity between players, this is pretty important to us. I know nearly everyone here are fans of CDPR (including myself) and will buy this just to support them if nothing else but my family aren't so i'd appreciate it if you tried to give me an unbiased opinion. thanks in advance

I'd say the physical board game version would be the best choice since you have players to play it. The "negative" reviews/comments were from demo games that didn't include all the components and people started writting reviews like it was the complete game. That is what I find sad and frustrating...it was clearly stated that the demos were simplified versions just to show the game and it's mechanics.

There's nothing like a good evening with friends, good beers and a board game...except for well...you know...that fun thing ...

From my first few playthroughs, the AI is as dumb as a box of rocks... definitely needs to be improved to be challenging. Marginally more fun playing against AI than purely solo (as I did frequently after disconnects in Beta), but if the AI can't figure out that an undeveloped Dandelion or Triss has no business hanging around to fight Strigas and the like, then it isn't really intelligent at all...

My first playthrough in 4p (1+3AI) ending with 137pts to Geralt (me), 59 to Yarpen, 20 to Dandelion (mostly "half a century of poetry", but lots gone to Griffon munching), 0 to Triss... who refused to leave the Striga alone for more than half the game and never completed one quest - when she left the Striga she went to the nearest Griffon and shared being it's meal with Dandelion, rather than heading to an open region...

Hotseat obviously improves on the ability of the other players, as does multiplayer online, but AI is worthless for more than learning the system, IMO.

Yep, I played around with the AI a bit today and I can confirm that it's essentially braindead. They love getting stuck on battles they have no reason to be fighting. Probably needs some more work done on it, since it's pointless to play against it atm, unless you just want to read the flavour text of the cards in peace, away from the matchmaking.

Anyway, had an issue yesterday where I could not connect to an existing private game, had to use the matchmaking instead, so there seem to be a few technical issues still. On the plus side, while there were a lot of diconnects happening day 1, the servers seem to be more stable now. Other than that, I just want to say that it's a very relaxing game. Despite it being a competition, you never feel annoyed when you're behind (not that I'm ever behind, pshh,) none of that nerdrage. It's just a calm, pleasant experience overall.

Last edited:
My board game store said the pre-order of mine is still in backorder, which means that there is most likely a slight delay in production. Or so they say.

My board game store said the pre-order of mine is still in backorder, which means that there is most likely a slight delay in production. Or so they say.

The boxed edition is available in the US and via FFG distribution partners around the world. It depends where do you live :)

The boxed edition is available in the US and via FFG distribution partners around the world. It depends where do you live :)

Well my board game store said he could pre order the boxed game so I did a couple of weeks back. I'm just crossing my fingers they'll have it at december 10th when I visit that town again. I think the delay is entirely on FFG part though. They have to ship things out, and the board game store has to place an order, which they did for me. The waiting game has started. :)

I have the game and I can say that it is very fun to play. My first game vs AI was kind of a close call because I had no idea what I was doing and in my second game it was 100 points for me and about a third of that to everyone else so I believe they should improve the AI a bit. A great concept and amazingly fun tho!

Top Bottom