The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - An Open Letter

+
So?! Why don't you adhere to your self-made deadlines? It's a lot of fuss about nothing.

No more delay were promised,,, if you don't keep this promise you won't keep the others. Soon the will be expensive DLCs, plattform-exclusive edition and a copy protection to make it impossible to enjoy the game.

Now the release of the Witcher will always have a bad taste. Time to cancel my pre-order.

So you are okay with a finished product they didn't promise and doesn't run decent on most systems? And what you say about DLC, exclusiveness and DRM is just bullshit with no proof to support it and totally not something CDPR would ever do.

You know, with that free DLC announcement I don't think this delay was planned until very very recently. Seems odd to announce free DLC and know at the time there is a delay. Kind of doubt things are as bad as that "insider" made out because of this.

Yeah wondering about the dlc, will it go as planned or also get 'delayed'? Which is the difference of playing the first time with all dlc's or not.

And come on it's their first open world release there were bound to be some unforeseen problems.

You know, with that free DLC announcement I don't think this delay was planned until very very recently. Seems odd to announce free DLC and know at the time there is a delay. Kind of doubt things are as bad as that "insider" made out because of this.

There is usually not much reason to hold off with an announcement of a delay anyway. So yes, the decision was probably made very recently.

Yeah wondering about the dlc, will it go as planned or also get 'delayed'? Which is the difference of playing the first time with all dlc's or not.
I hope it's included by default. I remember people saying to delay the game to include it at the time, which is funny now.

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I had to get that out of my system.. Ok.. FINE.. Less buggy game is a very good thing. Still!! If the PC version does not look even better than it does on the screenshots now I'm gonna be really sad. We believe in you CDPR! Please, for our hearts, don't delay this game anymore. I don't think my heart could handle another delay.

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I had to get that out of my system.. Ok.. FINE.. Less buggy game is a very good thing. Still!! If the PC version does not look even better than it does on the screenshots now I'm gonna be really sad. We believe in you CDPR! Please, for our hearts, don't delay this game anymore. I don't think my heart could handle another delay.

well, they have no more justifications after this dealy. On March 19 everyone here expects a game like the in-game footage(VGX) on ultra high.

Well, the other option is no delay - unready game.

And then we get the huuuuuuge thread of people saying, "this game could have been GREAT! If only they'd waited another three months to release!"

For all of us that lived through Vampire: Bloodlines..thank you for taking the extra time, every developer that does.
Don't forget New Vegas. Entire Caesar legion areas and stuff cut. Also, The WItcher 2 had an entire act cut due to issues.

I don't really frequent this forum but I know at least some of the devs read it.
I just wanted to say that you really don't need to apologise. If you need more time, please take all the time you need to deliver the game the way you guys intend to.
I'd rather wait some extra months if that means a better experience in stead of getting a game filled with bugs.

Thank you for all your hard work! You can expect my GOG.com pre-order soon so everything goes to you guys even though the physical version is tempting. :)

In my opinion, devs wanted to be too ambitious... and I believe that releasing this game on consoles just makes it even worse, just look at how this game looked a year ago.

I'm pretty sure we will never see Witcher game look like that and it's the most sad thing. CDPR should just stick to the PC.

Top Bottom