Shadowrun

+
Should be interesting to see what, if any, differences there are between Asian and Western culture in the game.

I am actually currently playing through Dragonfall, after a disappointing Shadowrun: Returns on release, and it's a lot of fun. They did an amazing job with that expansion, really addressing the issues the base game had. Greatly looking forward to the new campaign.

They did an amazing job with that expansion, really addressing the issues the base game had. Greatly looking forward to the new campaign.

Yes.

AND LET THIS BE A LESSON FOR EVERYONE MUTTERING ABOUT RELEASE DELAYS AND DEVELOPMENT TIME.

Although arguably, they did SRR on purpose after the one kind of SR console game and SR:DF as the open-world version of the second SR console game.

But STILL.

MORE TIME MEANS BETTER GAME.

I'm still of the opinion (totally unsupported) that they released Shadowrun Returns primarily to get the game, and the ability to create mods, in the hands of the community ASAP.
Dragonfall wasn't so much an expansion but the first real campaign.

I'd have absolutely zero issues with this sort of approach to releasing a game. If they came out and said "This is what we're doing any why." I don't think to many folks would argue.

Dragonfall was much more than just a new campaign, it fixed annoying issues that the base game had. Couldn't even save before that, ugh.

But yeah, I'd rather have a polished product upon release instead of a patched-up almost-the-way-it-should-have-been game a year after release. The Witcher 1&2 suffered from this. That CDPR have come out and said they don't plan to have an EE this time around, as they hope the game won't need one, makes me happy.

Last edited:
Dragonfall was much more than just a new campaign, it fixed annoying issues that the base game had. Couldn't even save before that, ugh.

But yeah, I'd rather have a polished product upon release instead of a patched-up almost-the-way-it-should-have-been game a year after release. The Witcher 1&2 suffered from this. That CDPR have come out and said they don't plan to have an EE this time around, as they hope the game won't need one, makes me happy.

They have already promised us a ton of free DLC. I think that's the modern way of saying Enhanced Edition for me. I don't see anything wrong with it. It's one thing releasing an unfinished bug-ridden game because the suits up top decided that they needed the product to hit stores for the christmas campaign and another completely different thing to release a game that is finished but may have a hanful of bugs that are difficult to detect only with testers or not knowing how people are going to react to different features before actual people outside of the studio play the game. CP2077 will improve with time, be it via a Enhanced Edition or free DLC, but since these enhancements will be free early buyers won't feel betrayed like they often do when they have to pay full price for the ultimate version of other videogames.

They have already promised us a ton of free DLC. I think that's the modern way of saying Enhanced Edition for me. I don't see anything wrong with it. It's one thing releasing an unfinished bug-ridden game because the suits up top decided that they needed the product to hit stores for the christmas campaign and another completely different thing to release a game that is finished but may have a hanful of bugs that are difficult to detect only with testers or not knowing how people are going to react to different features before actual people outside of the studio play the game. CP2077 will improve with time, be it via a Enhanced Edition or free DLC, but since these enhancements will be free early buyers won't feel betrayed like they often do when they have to pay full price for the ultimate version of other videogames.

Well, that's what I mean. When TW1 and TW2 first released they had more than just a handful of bugs. Not to mention they added extra cutscenes to make the plot more cohesive for TW2, as they had to cut an entire chapter from the game due to time/money constraints, and TW1 had those long loading screens, terrible animations etc. EE is more than just free DLC, it was making the game be closer to what it really should have been on release. The REDs seem to want to actually make a game that doesn't need any extensive extra tinkering post-release, so they can focus on delivering more worthwile content, some of it perhaps significant enough to even be paid-for rather than free, instead of fixing glaring issues.

This is way off-topic though.

EE is more than just free DLC, it was making the game be closer to what it really should have been on release. The REDs seem to want to actually make a game that doesn't need any extensive extra tinkering post-release, so they can focus on delivering more worthwile content, some of it perhaps significant enough to even be paid-for rather than free, instead of fixing glaring issues.

This is way off-topic though.

And I SAVOUR your descent into darkness, Lizard. Savour. It.

Although, to be accurate, talking release delays and quality vs schedule, is very Shadowrun Returns. SRR was a good game, but things like the inability to save plagued it and were....odd..design decisions.

In retrospect, had they taken an extra six months or a year, I suspect the first one would have been better than " a good game".

I look forward to it, personally. Need more information before I can really comment on them going back to KS.

I'm puzzled that none of you are talking about the new Kickstarter for a Shadowrun game by Harebrained Schemes. The decision to make it a kickstarter again has been somewhat controversial. It's going to take place in Hong Kong by the looks of it... I was hoping Tenochtitlan, but I hope this turns out good.

Oh, yeah. I thought I mentioned that here, but I must have mentioned it...not...here?

Anyway, looking forward to it.

https://twitter.com/WeBeHarebrained/status/553974896326623232

Yes indeed! And I'm still playing SRR, too. Lots of user made mods for those who want a turn-based Cyber-fix.

Yep, A Stitch in Time and Nightmare Harvest were pretty good!

Stop playing SRR, unless you really like linear adventures.

Start playing DF - it's better.

Fighting the last fight to that catchy track they set it to is reason enough to play Returns to the end, in my opinion. He'll have time to play Dragonfall afterwards.

Fighting the last fight to that catchy track they set it to is reason enough to play Returns to the end, in my opinion. He'll have time to play Dragonfall afterwards.

"maybe someday."

That's the sound of someone with SRR-induced fatigue! Fight it! On to Dragonfall.

Also, I don't recall the last fight or the soundtrack.So, not that memorable.

I actually got to (what I assume is) the last mission in Dragonfall and it just drags on for so... long... I just want to be done with it at this point, but can't bring myself to slog through it. The rest of the game's great, though.

From line to line, DF is well written, and it kept me interested.

There were some misgiving that I had:
e.g. Metal girl does a 180 from her stoic persona to a full expose without even a hint of explanation.The dialogue choices were a tad annoying , the choices espescially when facing the female troll seemed to lead toward floundering incompetence on the part of the PC. It stretched disbelief that any group would operate under such strained relations.

good game overall but with lacklustre combat mechanics.

Original SRR started off well, but then the story got way too weird near the end so i had to end it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom