Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
How's the live video guys? Is it awesome, or is it utterly, heavenly amazing? lol. Sadly I can't watch it, my net is just too slow today, and I can't buffer it.. *face plants the desk*

How's the live video guys? Is it awesome, or is it utterly, heavenly amazing? lol. Sadly I can't watch it, my net is just too slow today, and I can't buffer it.. *face plants the desk*

Meh, it's not a live demo like people were hoping. It's the 15 min video that leaked earlier, just with pausing and commentary. Still some small interesting bits, but nothing mind blowing.

Meh, it's not a live demo like people were hoping. It's the 15 min video that leaked earlier, just with pausing and commentary. Still some small interesting bits, but nothing mind blowing.

Ah allright, so I won't miss out on it, and that's on yt already anyway, thx!

My fingers are always ready for you Wichat, but where should I start?

Also so much materials for one day for me, hope I didn't end up with my head expoding from all excitement.

Geralt clearly needs in AXE right now. Dat bath.

"If I manage to catch that green badger and reunite it with its bones, it will give me flowers that will extend my hair." - TotalBiscuit
You got to love video games. Nowhere else does anything like that happen. :)

I have to return a hard drive to Amazon and already received the replacement. Normally they ship the hard drive in between some form of plastic support inside a carton box just large enough for a disk, and then put that one in a larger, padded box. Would it be OK for me to return the drive using only the smaller box? It's already broken, it's not like it can get any worse...

I have to return a hard drive to Amazon and already received the replacement. Normally they ship the hard drive in between some form of plastic support inside a carton box just large enough for a disk, and then put that one in a larger, padded box. Would it be OK for me to return the drive using only the smaller box? It's already broken, it's not like it can get any worse...

I'd say the retail box is not suitable. It's not made to be an exterior box for shipping, only to be boxed up in a real shipping box.

An ESD bag, wrapping or spacers that prevent the drive from moving within its box, and a box suitable for shipping are standard requirements even if this is a return of a failed drive. The drive has to be returned in a condition that it can be evaluated and refurbished if possible, and if they can find a way to claim it was damaged due to improper packing and shipping, they can deny your return.

When you don't have original packaging, the standard way to ship a drive is like this from Western Digital's RMA instructions:

A. Place drive in ESD (Electro Static Discharge) Bag (For internal drives only.)
B. Wrap with 2 inches of bubble wrap or non-movable foam cushioning
C. Place in sturdy cardboard box. Do not use chipboard, as it is not strong enough to withstand the rigors of transit. Please make sure the corrugated carton is free from defects and is structurally sound.

A question to forum veterans - this intense negative wave that's been going on for some time in the Wild Hunt subforum; is it a known, cyclical thing that passes over time? I keep jumping back hoping for news, interviews, screenshots and what have you, but lately more and more threads are contaminated by this venomous criticism that just makes me question why the hell do I keep returning.

Or am I just exaggerating it?

A question to forum veterans - this intense negative wave that's been going on for some time in the Wild Hunt subforum; is it a known, cyclical thing that passes over time? I keep jumping back hoping for news, interviews, screenshots and what have you, but lately more and more threads are contaminated by this venomous criticism that just makes me question why the hell do I keep returning.

It's a very loud tempest in a very small teapot. A handful of people think they can make themselves out to be important by imitating the vicious critics they read on the Internet, or by claiming they know better than the engineers and artists who actually worked on the game, or by slamming companies it's fashionable to hate, or thinking owning Bigger Iron Than Yours gives them bragging rights or a right to blame those who don't measure up to their lofty expectations for the money they overspent.

In short, it's a negligible small number of people who know they can't be called to account misbehaving in ways they can't get away with in real life. It happens on every forum with the release of every game. It is of no consequence and may be disregarded in the certain knowledge that talk is cheap.

There is a land of pure delight beyond the Jordan's flood,
Where saints appareled all in white fling back the critic's mud.
And as he legs it through the skies, his pelt a sable hue,
He sorrows sore to recognize the missiles that he threw.

[Bierce]

Last edited:

Folks say it was the same before TW2 release, so I'd wager to say it's... standard practice by now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom