The Yennefer/Triss choice in TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't they get in a fight on the way to Rivia, toward the end of Lady of the Lake? Would have resulted in more serious injuries, if they hadn't been overtaken by events.

You need to read a book to know this fact :) Nothing will stop Yenn on her way to claim that Geralt is only for her. If she will need to beat Triss in order to make her understand certain things she will DO IT! No doubt here :D

You need to read a book to know this fact :) Nothing will stop Yenn on her way to claim that Geralt is only for her. If she will need to beat Triss in order to make her understand certain things she will DO IT! No doubt here :D

Just a few more months till we find how this drama will unfold.
If Yen wants Geralt, she'll have him, Triss won't be standing in their way. It's gonna be one happy family, Ciri, mommy, daddy and aunt Triss. :)

Guest 3782876

I think the problem between choose one of them it's Geralt memory, in TW1 I think, Triss tells you to not try to be what his was before (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I continued like this until the second game, but now do not know if it will work again, unless he did not ignore what he went through with Triss in recent games, in this case... :hmm:

It's gonna be one happy family, Ciri, mommy, daddy and aunt Triss.
From Time of Contempt:

"A home?" asked Yennefer suddenly. "What home? Do you have a home? You want to build a home? Oh... I’m sorry. I shouldn’t..."
He was quiet. He was angry with himself. As he had been thinking for her, he had accidentally allowed her to read a thought about herself.
"A pretty dream," said Yennefer, stroking him lightly on the shoulder. "A home. A house built with your own hands, and you and I in that house. You would keep horses and sheep, and I would have a little garden, cook food and card wool, which we would take to market. With the pennies earned from selling the wool and various crops we would buy what we needed; let’s say some copper cauldrons and an iron rake. Every now and then, Ciri would visit us with her husband and three children, and Triss Merigold would occasionally look in, to stay for a few days. We’d grow old together, beautifully and with dignity. And should I ever get bored, you would play for me in the evening on your homemade bagpipes. Playing the bagpipes – as everyone knows – is the best remedy for depression."

I'm really curious how CDPR shall give us the different alternatives among Ciri's fate and Wild Hunt presence.

I'm really curious how CDPR shall give us the different alternatives among Ciri's fate and Wild Hunt presence.

Question is can every one who wants Ciri has a chance to get her? Geralt-Emhry-Eredin-Lodge-Other Kings... Or some of them will be only cosmetic threat?

You re not alone with that one, i can assure you that my lovely lady ;)
I am also curious how this gonna play out... and which twists we re going to see there

Fact is, other kings know that Ciri is married with the Emperor. We know it's the false Ciri, but they actually believe that, iirc.

Yeah but Djikstra's back from the desert on a horse with no name. Maybe he could leak information to Radovid if there is a relationship between them. Also he could be anyone's spy. If they're to be counted out, still there are 4 opponents with strong convictions.

Oh my.... this gonna be a mess i tell you ladys.... really

Geralt has to pacificate Triss and Yen ... searching for Ciri ... dealing with Eredin and Emhyr....

Damn ... i need another coffee ....

From Time of Contempt:

"A home?" asked Yennefer suddenly. "What home? Do you have a home? You want to build a home? Oh... I’m sorry. I shouldn’t..."
He was quiet. He was angry with himself. As he had been thinking for her, he had accidentally allowed her to read a thought about herself.
"A pretty dream," said Yennefer, stroking him lightly on the shoulder. "A home. A house built with your own hands, and you and I in that house. You would keep horses and sheep, and I would have a little garden, cook food and card wool, which we would take to market. With the pennies earned from selling the wool and various crops we would buy what we needed; let’s say some copper cauldrons and an iron rake. Every now and then, Ciri would visit us with her husband and three children, and Triss Merigold would occasionally look in, to stay for a few days. We’d grow old together, beautifully and with dignity. And should I ever get bored, you would play for me in the evening on your homemade bagpipes. Playing the bagpipes – as everyone knows – is the best remedy for depression."

Yep, I remember that part, shows that Geralt is human after all. A beautiful dream, but still a dream nonetheless.
I love how the books provide such deep insight into his character.

I was also wonder what the endings will provide in term of diversity.
Do we destroy the Wild Hunt for good and if we do at what cost, whom do we sacrifice in the process?
Will Ciri survive this whole ordeal and if she does, then will Geralt as well? There are so many possible variations.

I'm seriously thinking of getting a few days off work when the game is released. :)

Hmm after reading the books my impression was that Yennefer´s edge over Triss and any other woman came through an unnatural source (the Djinni). Therefore I always had doubts, while reading, that Geralt truly loves her that strongly because of his own free will. I even have doubts, if Yennefer would love Geralt at all, if it wouldn´t be for the Djinni.
Also Yennefer herself seems to use some Aphrodisiac (Lilac and Gooseberries...) which seems to have a mind controlling effect on men... another unnatural source for Geralt´s affection.

With Triss, even though she of course wasn´t perfect either, it felt more natural to me. I didn´t see anything which forced either Geralt or Triss to love each other.
So even though I have no problem with strong willed, dominant woman I am personally in the Triss camp, if she keeps her personality from Witcher 2.

Last edited:
Also Yennefer herself seems to use some Aphrodisiac (Lilac and Gooseberries...) which seems to have a mind controlling effect on men... another unnatural source for Geralt´s affection.

Whoa! It's not Aphrodisiac 0_o though she have used Glamaria to charm men. Lilac and Gooseberries is her perfume scent!

Whoa! It's not Aphrodisiac 0_o though she have used Glamaria to charm men. Lilac and Gooseberries is her perfume scent!

Well that doesn t mean the parfum hasn t certain effects on men as well right? :p :p

Like Chanel #5?

Anyway... do you proffit when your best friend is drunk or breahearted to seduce him/her? and if you do it, do you use some kind of drug or spell to afford it?

So... well, Triss is not so innocent under my eyes.

And...what does it mean "more natural"? is Geralt himself a natural man?

It´s not directly said it´s an Aphrodisiac. To me it seemed heavily implied though. The way I understood it was that whenever he smelled that perfume Geralt seemed to become docile and in love with Yennefer like a little puppy. I don´t think Geralt would react like that if it really is just a perfume...

I also doubt that Yennefer, who is naturally a hunchback and has modified her looks solely to gain adavantage over men, would wear a perfume just because she likes that smell. The way i see it everything about her appearance is calculated and serves a purpose.
Btw i am not saying that´s bad. It´s actually smart and makes me like her. Just not as much as I like Triss from Witcher 2. ;)

P.S.: The main reason that I think Geralt and Yennefer are in a way forced to love each other is still the Djinni. The perfume is just another aspect i personally believe somehow influences Geralt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom