Release date of Cyberpunk

+

Release date of Cyberpunk

• Total voters
look whenever its out its out. but I'm getting sick of looking for news every week and coming up with nothing... need something...

We need more

Hello CDProjetRed,

we need more of something, a new trailer, more images, concept art, anything, just one trailer to wait 6 or 7 years is painful.
Besides, I don't want to die of old age before the game comes out :(

AvengerGrim.. I am honestly glad to have been sharing this same boat with you.

i am in the same boat as you guys

I hope that with cp2077 doesn't happen the same that happened with duke nukem forever, over 10 years waiting and then just disappointment,

Exceedingly unlikely.

We have to remember - CDPR's original trailer and summer announcement were meant to be job advertisements. They were looking for talent. That objective was achieved and they went back to stealth mode.

The only reason -any- of us know that CP2077 is a thing is because CDPR thinks ahead and likes to excite potential hires from across the world. Not because they needed to hype prospective buyers.

That stage comes -after- the WItcher 3 is out and being enjoyed.

@cyberpunkforever Considering they put all their CP2077 staff on TW3 in 2014 to help finish it up I highly doubt we will see any more news about Cyberpunk for a while. Not to mention John Mamais (producer of TW3) said there won't be any new Cyberpunk news this year because, "2015 belongs to The Witcher."

I guess they want to ride out the the success of TW3 before unveiling more news about Cyberpunk. It makes perfect sense since CD Projekt RED is still establishing themselves as a prominent AAA developer. They need all the publicity they can get, and TW3 and CP2077 would potentially compete with each other for positive press.

Last edited:
If they start to work it after the witcher, it means they will only work full speed in 2016, and when several problems maybe they finish it in 2017.

Work is already being done, even when The Witcher 3 is not yet released. Keep in mind they were - are? - prototyping and shifting people back and forth between projects. They were looking (and probably found) people to work on some aspects of Cyberpunk 2077. You don't do that needlessly. I think we can realistically expect game to be out sooner than people think, but we will have to wait for news after their flagship project is finished and dust settles.

They are currently working on Cyberpunk and have been this whole time. I don't know where these rumours they pulled the CP team to work on Witcher 3 came from, but they are not accurate.

@Sardukhar
I remember a german site stating that the development of CP was stopped for now due to The Witcher ... however I checked the source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-staying-in-the-shadows-for-now/1100-6424517/

It says they're focusing "communication-wise" on The Witcher. So it's quite likely just a misunderstanding I guess ;-)

About the release date: I saw an interview from gamescom 2014 (I think it's linked somewhere around here), where a guy from CDP stated that they were still in early pre-production, prototyping etc. Even though it's been 6 months since then, I don't expect release until 2017, probably more like 2018. Hopefully Deus Ex will arrive this year, I need a dark sci-fi ...

Work is already being done, even when The Witcher 3 is not yet released. Keep in mind they were - are? - prototyping and shifting people back and forth between projects. They were looking (and probably found) people to work on some aspects of Cyberpunk 2077. You don't do that needlessly. I think we can realistically expect game to be out sooner than people think, but we will have to wait for news after their flagship project is finished and dust settles.

http://www.twitch.tv/pax2/c/6271871

Starting around 9.30 in - info on how the process work, who is involved at the start of the project and so on.

Top Bottom