Dragon Age: Inquisition

+

Bioware, please.

This is a Star Wars The Force Awakens fan poster, not a real thing btw.

Pathetic. There's absolutely no reason that should get past the art director and yet it's happened time and again with them.

I love the tavern songs, and Dawn Will Come but the overall soundtrack while I'm playing is a bit boring. No memorable background music like in DA:O. That song that plays while you defend Redcliffe Village always gets stuck in my head.

Also I downloaded a new patch today (I'm late ik but my internet has been off for the past week) and I've had 3 CTD today when normally my game can run for hours on end without crashing. Has anyone else noticed any more crashes than usual or is it just me?

"The Dawn Will Come" reminded me of Pippin's "The Edge of Night".

Few Elizaveta's tavern songs, "Journey to Skyhold" and "Main Theme" is all that I liked about the soundtrack.

Yeah it pretty much was Pippin's song.
Except I really loved the way the song was used in the movie and I hated the way it was used in the game. That entire scene screamed CHEESE and the singing was almost as awkward as Leliana's singing in Dragon Age: Origins. And God, when Cullen started to sing I cringed a little bit. He has such a horrible model and the way he sang was more awkward than any of the other singing.
I really disliked the entire destruction of Haven. Especially when the Inquisitor was just wandering blindly through the blizzard.
Picture related, this really bothered me.
EDIT: Just realized it might be a bit hard to figure out what's going on in that picture. The Inquisitor collapses right next to the Inquisition camp. You can see Cullen saying "There! It's her!" and running towards you from behind a huge rock. A huge rock that blocks Cullen's ability to even see the Inquisitor. Laziness at its finest.

Attachments

• 2015-01-03_00008.jpg
    2015-01-03_00008.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Isn't their main theme ripped off from LotR as well?

All fantasy settings are inspired by LOTR just as LOTR was inspired by mythology and just as John WIlliams was inspired by Dvorak's 9th Symphony when making the Star Wars soundtrack. In the end, we can trace all stories to the hero's journey pattern http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monomyth. There is nothing "completely" original, all stand on the shoulders of giants. I think originality is taking what's been done and giving your own spin on it.

As for that cover art...well BioWare have a history with Star Wars...big deal.

There are still people surprised that neo-Bioware is half-assing/ripping off things?

I'm not nearly as critical of Bioware, as some of you are, but damn... didn't that Tali stock photo thing strike me as lazy. So goddamn lazy. They couldn't even bother to have their own artist make a rendition of her, nope. Here... some stock photo, do some photoshop magic and make her look alien.

So much butthurt for a stupid cover art that was made for a fucking DLC, that comes from a dev with a history with Star Wars. Can you see how ridiculous this is? Big deal!!!

As for the DLC, it's Hinterlands 2.0. It's pretty as usual but I don't think it's worth 15 dollars. It had some interesting mechanincs but I am DONE with this kind of open world, I am tired of having "stuff to do". I'd rather have a smaller world with more meaningful content.

I hope they will someday make a DLC that includes all the scrapped content. Half of the content from that old Crestwood video is gone and it was interesting. It was probably EA's fault.

Last edited:
Man, that pricing for the new DLC is so ridiculous. Typcial EA rip-off/fan milking policy at its finest. I hope as many fans as possible stay away from that content to just show EA the finger. Just wait at least for a sale...

I'm not nearly as critical of Bioware, as some of you are, but damn... didn't that Tali stock photo thing strike me as lazy. So goddamn lazy. They couldn't even bother to have their own artist make a rendition of her, nope. Here... some stock photo, do some photoshop magic and make her look alien.
What bothered me more than it being lazy is that it feels to me so out of character. Tali was this adorkable sort and this sultry gaze just didn't fit. I can't imagine the situation she would take this picture at.

What bothered me more than it being lazy is that it feels to me so out of character. Tali was this adorkable sort and this sultry gaze just didn't fit. I can't imagine the situation she would take this picture at.

She didn't have a sultry look to me. What bothered me most (besides the stock photoshop shit) was that Tali is standing without a mask on some random planet in the wild.
Like Jesus Christ nobody from Bioware thought for a single fucking moment "Hey, don't Quarians have really weak immune systems? Maybe it would be better if we chose another shitty stock photo in a different location to photoshop."

It's a shame the DLC isn't 50% off or I'd buy it lol.
Still, I'm thinking of getting the deluxe upgrade which is also currently half price, so I can get my hands on that bog unicorn.

Isn't their main theme ripped off from LotR as well?
I'd have to listen to it again, but if I recall correctly it rips off two songs.

**goes to youtube**

Yeah... the melody of the main theme is taken from LotR and 1:35 - 2:00 is taken from The Dark Knight theme.

[size=+2]Listen up until until 1:15. The Dragon Age theme sounds like this from 1:36 - 1:58 and 2:30 - 2:45 [/size]
[video=youtube;Z_DSq-LhOyU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_DSq-LhOyU[/video]
Anyways, I came here to see how people liked the DLC and now I'm just being negative :popo:

EDIT: And I quoted a two week old post.
:facepalm:

Last edited:
Top Bottom