So how much did you spend on The Witcher 3?

+
Why there are so many of you who bought Collector edition and gog edition? Why do you need 2 copies?

Because it is supports directly the CDPR and gives more digital stuff than Steam version and not to mention is way cheaper. I also bought because it will be my safe bet if I lost my opportunity to actually pay the CE. Something could go wrong anytime, I will feel myself in safe when I got it.

$47.99 on GoG

I did upgrade my GPU to a GTX 970, but it was time for an upgrade and would have been done regardless of this game, so I am not counting that in my price for this game.

45$ on the game, possibly more if I go the CE route
380$ gtx 970.
I'm thinking about picking up another 970 for SLI.

Because it is supports directly the CDPR and gives more digital stuff than Steam version and not to mention is way cheaper. I also bought because it will be my safe bet if I lost my opportunity to actually pay the CE. Something could go wrong anytime, I will feel myself in safe when I got it.

I think for supporting CDPR if you have so much spare money it's better to buy several digital versions (and then just gift extras to someone else). With physical editions a major portion of the price goes to retail distributing partners who actually produce physical disks and merchandise. Also, as was already said many times, buying purely digital reduces the influence of retailers who like enforcing regional pricing and other such stuff.

Last edited:
I think for supporting CDPR if you have so much spare money it's better to buy several digital versions (and then just gift extras to someone else). With physical editions a major portion of the price goes to retail distributing partners who actually produce physical disks and etc.

Absolutely.

Markup on full-price retail games runs about 500%. CDPR will book about $10 in sales for a $60 retail game. This is more tolerable than it looks, because the distributors are footing the bill for marketing, which costs more than development. Valve gets less of a markup if you buy on Steam. But if you buy digital from GOG, CDPR gets full value.

Not on Witcher 3 alone but i upgraded my PC to play it.
With the game pre-ordered it's a total of around €1.400, give or take.

I've been using laptops many years now (and consoles) for gaming. I most definately would not have bought my new desktop gaming pc if it wasn't for the witcher 3 :D

If you buy physical copy,wouldn't you get a code that you can register to have the game on GOG as well? At least that was the case with the other two games as far as I know

If you buy physical copy,wouldn't you get a code that you can register to have the game on GOG as well? At least that was the case with the other two games as far as I know

That was the backup program they launched for the games, and it was quite a while after their launch.

As for W3 getting this backup program:

Let''s see.
New Mobo Asus Maxixmus VII Hero $220
Intel Pentium I7 4790 3.6 quad 4.0 turbo $330
Nvidia Geforce gtx 770 $200
Witcher 3 CE PC $149
Witcher 3 CE guide $40
After sales tax $995.34

Game: $47.99
Witcher books: Around $20

I'm probably going buy the Collector's edition strategy guide on Amazon for the 30 pages of art works and the 96 page The Witcher Grimoire it comes with. Plus, Looking up stuff without the internet possibly spoiling one thing while I try to find another. That's $28 on Amazon right now.

Game: $47.99
Witcher books: Around $20

I'm probably going buy the Collector's edition strategy guide on Amazon for the 30 pages of art works and the 96 page The Witcher Grimoire it comes with. Plus, Looking up stuff without the internet possibly spoiling one thing while I try to find another. That's $28 on Amazon right now.

I've never bought a strategy guide. Maybe I should splurge this time and treat myself :)

Also, it's been 5 years now since my last serious upgrade. With the exception of 2 gpu changes in that time.
I'm tempted to go the route of an i7-4790k + new mb.

Or stay put and wait until 6-core cpu setups come down to a more agreeable price point for me.
It's a guessing game but I don't see it being greater than 2 years before intel 6-core chips become mainstream.
I could be way off, but who knows.

So far I've spent:

$ 150 on the Collector's Edition
$ 300 on the 2014 E-3 statue that includes the GOG download code
And will spend $ 47.99 on the Steam version and will also buy the game for a couple of friends of mine

Total - almost $ 600

I've never bought a strategy guide. Maybe I should splurge this time and treat myself :)

Also, it's been 5 years now since my last serious upgrade. With the exception of 2 gpu changes in that time.
I'm tempted to go the route of an i7-4790k + new mb.

Or stay put and wait until 6-core cpu setups come down to a more agreeable price point for me.
It's a guessing game but I don't see it being greater than 2 years before intel 6-core chips become mainstream.
I could be way off, but who knows.
I haven't bought a guide in years either, but this one seems good for the price. You're getting 30 big pages of artwork and 96 pages of lore and such. 528 pages in all in a nice hardcover. You also get a digital version that works on a phone or tablet I think. I know I'll miss things and I miss flipping through a big strategy guide. I've been spoiled before by looking one thing up and then something I haven't gotten to shows up. Usually a guide if it's laid out well reduces spoilers since you can find exactly what you want quickly. Plus it's a single printing and might be worth more than $28 someday

I've spent:
i7 4930k clock it at 4.5ghz + H100 cooling
16gb 2400mhz trident x
2 gtx 780 ti Zotac amp Sli
Psu sentey 1000w 80 platinium
Asus rampage lV gene

If i live in america this would be cheaper but in my country Argentina this rig cost arround 5000usd .

In Australian Dollars:

$109 - Game + Prima Guide (Still mulling over whether I need the guide or not)
$4500 - New Gaming PC

I am tempted to get the collector's edition, but I don't care for figurines. If there was a limited edition with the figurine removed, I'd be all over that.

Top Bottom