"The Northern realms? Don't you mean Radovid's realms?"

+
Temeria is screwed for sure, my hope is that Upper Aedirn still stands (I am going with W2 Iorweth side for W3 - too much hard work done there)!
On the other hand it will be simpler for Vergen to embrace Nilfgaardian Empire because of their attitude towards nonhumans... Who knows...
So, the real opposition to Nilfgaardian Empire could come only from Redania, Kaedwen, Skellige and Kovir (+other northernnorthern realms, if they are dropping their neutrality)...
It all seems hopless anyways for the North :(

Edit: Ninjad by EliHarel :D

Saving Triss / not saving Triss is definitely represented in the game, in the 35 min demo, you can see witch hunters by the fire and kids playing game "burn the witch" :)

No, Aedirn wouldn't be necessarily defeated. Stennis might be on the throne as a strong leader before the invasion occurs.

Even if he is a strong leader, Aedirn cannot hope to face a large invading nilfie army so soon after their civil strife after Demavend was assassinated, and even if he manages to create an army he wouldn't last two weeks, so most likely he either went into hiding or he is doing Rivian-style guerrilla tactics.

I really don't see how the northern kingdoms - what's left of them - can win this one.

Well, define "win".

It depends pretty much on what Emhyr wants to reach with his war. Is he satisfied with conquering Temeria, Lyria and Aedirn for now? Or does he want Redania and Kaedwen as well. Or even Kovir and Poviss? Is the even able to support his troops that far north.

History tells us that it's always hard to conquer and especially hold countries/lands that are (too) far away from your home country, especially if there is a strong feeling of national pride and an educated and wealthy society (at least parts of it). If we assume that Emhyr wants to conquer the whole north, is he able to keep it in the empire? For how long?

Maybe he just wants a peace treaty for now with Redania and Keadwen that agrees to the status quo that all Temeria, Lyria and Aedirn is finally lost to the empire. For that peace treaty he has to kill enough northern troops and he has to finally conquer all of No man's land an everything else south of the Pontar to change the rules of engagement to his favor imho.

Even if he is a strong leader, Aedirn cannot hope to face a large invading nilfie army so soon after their civil strife after Demavend was assassinated, and even if he manages to create an army he wouldn't last two weeks, so most likely he either went into hiding or he is doing Rivian-style guerrilla tactics.

Ay, from what little I saw of Stennis, all he'd be good for would be talk.

Yeah, Stennis would probably just surrender in order to keep his crown as a client king, and in a hope of Upper Aedirn to be returned to him.

Yep, I don't think Emhyr still has that idea. But Ciri is his daughter, and as a daughter of an emperor she may have other uses.

Last edited:
First of all, I've already posted that it would have been more fitting if Vesemir had spoken that line and not Geralt, as he is the wise old man reminding Geralt of neutrality and all that jazz. Though I appreciated hearing Vesemir saying that you have to believe in something. I know what my Geralt believes in.

My Witcher 2 ended up with Roche stealing away with Anais. I will look for them and help them if I can.

Henselt the Hog has a strong kingdom...even if he is an outright bastard.

There was no persecution of sorcerers, and the Council was created.

Oh, and Temeria forever! :happy:

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 36
There's also the matter of Ambassador Fitz-Oesterlen being present in Henselt's camp, and I don't recall what they discussed very well . . . perhaps a deal? Correct me, if I'm on the wrong path.

I don't think Emhyr wants anything from Ciri anymore. That ship has sailed.

If he did I'd really be angry with CDPR...

I guess he would want her to be his successor to the throne by this point, wanting to fulfill that damn elven prophecy after he let her go 5 years back would not really make any sense except if he saw or sensed something really bad happening later on if he did not go back to his "duty" to fulfill that prophecy, or we are misunderstanding his intentions, we have to wait and see, not that long now :p

There's also the matter of Ambassador Fitz-Oesterlen being present in Henselt's camp, and I don't recall what they discussed very well . . . perhaps a deal? Correct me, if I'm on the wrong path.

From what I remember, yes, it was a deal, like previously in the books, most likely making Henselt sign a non-aggressive pact so when Nilfgaard invades Aedirn Kaedwen would keep Upper Aedirn for itself while Nilfgaard would hold back from invading.

But Henselt is not that stupid to be fooled twice, thankfully :p

Last edited:

They definitely discussed a deal with Anais in exchange for summit invitation. Shilard was sitting there for so long because he needed an invitation to go to Loc Muinne, and he couldn't get one without Anais kidnapped and delivered to Henselt. That's why Letho was waiting in the ravines as well, until Nilfgaardins gave him to go ahead. It would be not good to off Henselt before he invited Nilfgaardians to LM. The entire plan was about a new Council and Conclave. Too much work went into crashing the old one, and Nilfgaard had no hope in hell to conquer the North against a strong coalition of the mages. We saw it at Sodden Hill.

I doubt these negotiations had anything to do with a new invasion. It would be the last thing Emhyr would Northerners to know about.

Last edited:
They definitely discussed a deal with Anais in exchange for summit invitation. Shilard was sitting there for so long because he needed an invitation to go to Loc Muinne, and he couldn't get one without Anais kidnapped and delivered to Henselt. That's why Letho was waiting in the ravines as well, until Nilfgaardins gave him to go ahead. It would be not good to off Henselt before he invited Nilfgaardians to LM. The entire plan was about a new Council and Conclave. Too much work went into crashing the old one, and Nilfgaard had no hope in hell to conquer the North against a strong coalition of the mages. We saw it at Sodden Hill.

Yes, forgot about Anais and the Lodge, hehe.

Ay, that was it. Thanks, mate. I played the Iorvath path more often than the Roche.

Top Bottom