"The Northern realms? Don't you mean Radovid's realms?"

+
I wonder how the Order and possibly Siegfried plays into this. Siegfried is definitely a pretty stand up guy so if he's in Radovid's court I'd definitely like to see the North being successful.

hough he has yet to prove himself in open battle.

Man, he manage to hold its own gainst a freaking dragon, don't you think this is a significient proof ?

I think of Radovid as a cocky bastard. He let his kingdom be ruled by a spymaster and a sorceress and now has the audacity to call himself king, while he hasn't done anything significant yet. He just has a big army and big lands, because others made it so for him.

He actually punished them both out once he found out that they were probably responsible for his father's murder.

Radovid is actually a pretty clever lad. Phililppa and the spymaster only ruled the country most of the time while he was too young to be king himself. Once he got old enough and understood how they became to be the de-facto rulers of Redania he acted quickly and firmly.

His presence is very problematic.

How so?

I'm wondering if the Scoia'tel are going to be involved at all. It would be unusual for them not to be, given how there's been a huge presence of them throughout both games so far.

If the main plot thread is going to be Ciri, the Northern Invasion is a secondary plot thread, then the Scoia'tel have got to be one too, given their presence in the series and their relation to the Wild Hunt.

How so?

I'm wondering if the Scoia'tel are going to be involved at all. It would be unusual for them not to be, given how there's been a huge presence of them throughout both games so far.

If the main plot thread is going to be Ciri, the Northern Invasion is a secondary plot thread, then the Scoia'tel have got to be one too, given their presence in the series and their relation to the Wild Hunt.

That would be sooo beautiful!

Unless you fully supported the Order in the first Witcher, Siegfried doesn't appear in the second game. You can also choose to kill him in the first game, thus eliminating him entirely. However, if you didn't side with the Order, but didn't kill him, he doesn't become Grandmaster without your help. There are quite a few variables where his character is concerned, so I wouldn't bank on him putting in much of an appearance in The Wild Hunt.

Last edited:
...what i'm trying to say is, if the north would fall under Nilfgaards rule then it wouldn't be the end of the world.

A good way to put it considering Emhyr is conquering the north in order to avoid Tedd Deireadh . :p

I've been wondering what Emhyr might be up to as well. Give her what she deserves, indeed.

One quick thing - at the beginning of that video Geralt can say he was dreaming of Kaer Morhen. How do we know that the "First 15 min." wasn't the first 15 not counting the prologue? I haven't spoiled myself on all the details of the beginning, but I got the impression that this video starts after the end of the prologue/tutorial which I believe happens at KM with Ciri and the inputing of previous TW2 choices. Not that that would necessarily change the dialog, but it might?

Indeed, IGN stated that the video is set just after the first sequence of the game.

How so?

in one of the interview a journalist asked if elf of this world will be present in the the game considering we have't seen any in the gaemplay footage so far, the red stated that there will be some in the game but they will play a much minor role that in the previous game (doesn't really give us any indication about the Scoia'tael but that all i've got)

Last edited:
One quick thing - at the beginning of that video Geralt can say he was dreaming of Kaer Morhen. How do we know that the "First 15 min." wasn't the first 15 not counting the prologue? I haven't spoiled myself on all the details of the beginning, but I got the impression that this video starts after the end of the prologue/tutorial which I believe happens at KM with Ciri and the inputing of previous TW2 choices. Not that that would necessarily change the dialog, but it might?
So some clarifications: the recent footage isn't exactly the first 15 minutes. One, because they skip the tutorial of Kaer Morhen. Two, because even in the footage itself they mention that they skip some portion.

So the tutorial is in Kaer Morhen, Geralt's dream that he was talking about (or nightmare). The prologue is what we've seen in the new footage - White Orchard.

He actually punished them both out once he found out that they were probably responsible for his father's murder.

Radovid is actually a pretty clever lad. Phililppa and the spymaster only ruled the country most of the time while he was too young to be king himself. Once he got old enough and understood how they became to be the de-facto rulers of Redania he acted quickly and firmly.

Well they still got away, and now are in his territory again. (One confirmed, the other... Not many places left and Redania is big.) But still good he punished them.

And smart? Well... Meh, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to try and get both of Foltests living heirs (depening on choices)and thus legally 'inheret' the lands or keep it for safekeeping like the 2 did for him. And bringing the Order to the big meeting at the end of TW2? (Forgot the name) A 'neutral' force to keep the peace, a force that has it's bases and support in and from Redania and specializes in magic and monster hunting... Now that I think about it, I wonder why nobody suspected anything. Especially the mages and the lodge.

A good way to put it considering Emhyr is conquering the north in order to avoid Tedd Deireadh . :p
You caught that huh. ;P
Let's be honest if the world is going under, I rather have a king or emperor who knows about it and can prepare for it.

But isn't this invasion already doomed to fail? The child of Ciri, according to the prophecy, would rule the world. Is that just the part we know of? Or also beyond the mountains to the north and east. Even whatever lies beyond the sea in the west, Zerrekania or something like that?

Last edited:

Yes!!

But....

...in one of the interview a journalist asked if elf of this world will be present in the the game considering we have't seen any in the gaemplay footage so far, the red stated that there will be some in the game but they will play a much minor role that in the previous game (doesn't really gie us any indication about the Scoia'tael but that all i've got)

So why I ...

That would be sooo beautiful!

And smart? Well... Meh, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to try and get both of Foltests living heirs (depening on choices)and thus legally 'inheret' the lands or keep it for safekeeping like the 2 did for him. And bringing the Order to the big meeting at the end of TW2? (Forgot the name) A 'neutral' force to keep the peace, a force that has it's bases and support in and from Redania and specializes in magic and monster hunting... Now that I think about it, I wonder why nobody suspected anything. Especially the mages and the lodge.

Yeah, Radovid is very desisive and not above cruelty, but he is probably still very young, and may be easily herded to a wrong decision. When Nilfgaardian plan against the Council succeeds (Geralt does not save the day by going after Triss and playing a role of a brick that falls on Shilard's head), Radovid surrenders to his mistrust of mages (despite all previous negotiations with Carduin), and starts mage hunts, thus eliminating the most capable force the North has against Nilfgaard. If he just stopped and used his head, he would have realized that it was all one huge set-up, and that Emhyr was probably scared shitless of a new Northern coalition of mages. Also he holds a grudge against Philipa, and goes all out to get her, while he should have made her his ally. Paying back for some childhood traumas is something a good leader should not indulge in. When we end up with a massacre in TW2, Radovid not just left the North without its mages, but also created a group of people who would fight against the North, and support Nilfgaard simply to save their lives. Not cool.

But still Radovid is charismatic, strong-willed, and decisive. Too bad that he may die young (at least I hope he will) in my game.

Well they still got away, and now are in his territory again. (One confirmed, the other... Not many places left and Redania is big.) But still good he punished them.

Who said that they didn't? The question is whether they could have done anyhing against it. You need bette alternatives before you act differently.

We don't actually know how smart Radovid really is. All we know that he is pretty self-confident and also seems to a quite capable (military) leader, keeping the Nilfgaardians out of Redania so far and having kept them off from fully conquering the Temerian region between Novigrad and Gors Velen (No man's land).

---------- Updated at 10:42 PM ----------

Also he holds a grudge against Philipa, and goes all out to get her, while he should have made her his ally.

Are you serious? Nobody would truly ally with the murder of one's father...

You're right that Radovid has a grudge against socerers but for a damn good reason I'd say. Since Sapkowski wrote good characters with actual feelings and personal agendas this shouldn't come as a suprise. The sorcerers are themselves responsible for their downfall, first with the incident on Thanedd island in the books and then with their constant plots for and against northern kings. I don't think Radovid is to blame for anything of that. So Radovid abandoned them which was pretty much the only thing he could do. Do you really think he could ever trust sorcerers again? I don't think so, no matter how smart he is. So he did the "next best thing", allying with the order who seem to be the strongest "civil" force in the northern realms besides the common national armies and the sorcerers.

And we shouldn't forget that the "new" lodge of sorcereresses never acted for the best of the northern realms. They acted primarily for their very own good and what they think is best for everyone, without giving a damn thing about "morals" or something. So even if we forget the personal history between Philippa and Radovid, he is well advised to not trust the sorcerer(esse)s. Their motives aren't clear and the north cannot trust that they will always act to their best.

Well, here I can quote a lot from ASOIAF (GOT tv show). They make this point very clear.
Ned: You want me to serve the woman who murdered my King, who butchered my men, who crippled my son?!
Varys: I want you to serve the realm!

Sure, Philipa is a bitch. But she is the most capable bitch on the continent, who will fight against Nilfgaard, and would make a priceless ally. And even without her, why to massacre all the mages??? When Triss comes to the summit, Radovid does not start any witch hunts, and he allows to re-establish a Council, as per agreement with Carduin. But all it took to start a massacre was a very crafty Nilfgaardian testimony. It pretty much shows how easily Radovid can be swayed into irrationally radical actions because he does not really have strong convictions and a definite course of actions concerning the mages. Not too good for the only strong Northern king left standing.

Well, here I can quote a lot from ASOIAF (GOT tv show). They make this point very clear.
Ned: You want me to serve the woman who murdered my King, who butchered my men, who crippled my son?!
Varys: I want you to serve the realm!
And we all know what happened to Ned Stark...

Sure, Philipa is a bitch. But she is the most capable bitch on the continent, who will fight against Nilfgaard, and would make a priceless ally.
I question that. Actually Philippa and the loge have their own goals and interests. They care about the north only about so much. They surely don't care much (anymore) about the population there, just about their own power. And again: how to truly TRUST somebody who has killed your own father? I do think that's pretty much impossible for a human being, even if you are incredibly loyal to your country. And then again, an ally whom you don't trust - and whom you can't really trust - is a dangerous ally. I think Redania is better off without Philippa.

And even without her, why to massacre all the mages??? When Triss comes to the summit, Radovid does not start any witch hunts, and he allows to re-establish a Council, as per agreement with Carduin. But all it took to start a massacre was a very crafty Nilfgaardian testimony. It pretty much shows how easily Radovid can be swayed into irrationally radical actions because he does not really have strong convictions and a definite course of actions concerning the mages. Not too good for the only strong Northern king left standing.
Radovid doesn't start a witch hunt if you side with Roche IIRC. So that's pretty much depending on the player. But I might be wrong on that. Anyways, Radovid hatred against mages is basically rooted in how they acted in the past, of course especially Philippa. They manipulated the northern kings long enough, plotting against everybody for their own power and well-being. But of course, his alliance with the order might have a lot to do with this. He didn't want to ally with the mages in the first place which is imo understandable. So he allied with the second best partner, the order. I guess one of the requirements of the order to support Radovid was to follow some harsh and cruel politics against the mages (and probably non-humans as well). So all of that might not be a testimony of him having weak convictions or him being irrational but it might be a testimony of him being a political realist who knows that he can't make both the mages and the order happy at the same time and that he has to partner up with one of them, acting to their liking. He chose the order which might lead to the downfall of the mages in the north which is imo a pretty rational political decision given Radovid's personal history and former decisions. He traded in the mages for the order and now he's just following this route.

Well, let's see. If Triss testifies, she accuses only Sile, and does not even mention Philipa or the Lodge. Radovid expands on her testimony a bit, and orders to hunt down all members of the Lodge, but he agrees to re-establish a Council. Here Geralt saves a day, Radovid demonstrates that he is in control, he appeases the order, and the mages are his allies. All of it is a matter of chance - whether Geralt went after Triss, or not.

When Geralt chooses to save Anais/Saskia, Letho clearly and openly accuses the Lodge AND all the mages by saying that he eliminated the kings who went against the will of mages. So the Lodge was presented as an executive branch of the Northern magic community. It was done publicly, for every attendee to hear. Two cases:

1. Radovid bought it all, freaked out that he was duped by Carduin and nearly allowed to legalize a new magic organization, which would have made things even worse. So he backpedaled on his deal with Carduin, and ordered to arrest all high-ranking mages present on a summit, in order to reveal the traitors during an investigation. The Order would have supported him in this. It was not very smart to do because with all distrust the mages would not believe in any fair trial and simply ran or fight. Things escalated, and Radovid was all too happy to start witch-hunts.

2. Radovid did not believe in any wide-spread magical conspiracy, so he would be glad to go along with the creation of the Council, but he was afraid that the Order, nobility, and northern population in general would not support him. So he had to give in and to allow a massacre of the innocents, with wide-spread witch-hunts that would follow, just to keep his allies from the Order happy. In this case he is not really in control, and is forced to make a major political decision and to alienate the entire social class just because of a prejudice.

In either case it showed some weakness in Radovid. I wonder how CDPR explored the consequences of the mage hunts in TW3. I would prefer it to be something major.

Last edited:
I think Radovid is the best choice if all the northern kingdoms were to be ruled by one man. Emhyr want to conquer the north by force, if anything the two previous northern wars prove that his way doesn't work, the north is big and all nordlings has raised to hate the nilfgaardians. There will never accept to be govern by the man who slaughter their kings and the impaled corpses that we could see in the ign video show us that the brutality of black ones were not softened with the years.
Emhyr will have to think of a more diplomatic way to save the world, maybe by allying himself with Radovid. Both men seems to have a lot in common imo.

the main difference between him and Emhyr is that Radovid don't know a thing about Tedd Deireadh nor the Wild Hunt.
I agree with Scholdarr.452 Radovid strike me as a pretty rational fellow.

That's why I'm looking forward to meet him in TW3, I want to see the face of Radovid V The Stern when Geralt will explain to him all this nonsenses about the child of prophecy and the Aen Elle.

I can confirm Temeria did fall in the war between TW2 and 3. I saw a gameplay video where a NPC said "Temeria will rise again!"

I can confirm Temeria did fall in the war between TW2 and 3. I saw a gameplay video where a NPC said "Temeria will rise again!"

Dude, everybody here knows that. We all saw Emhyr sitting in the throne room in Vizima. ;)

@vivaxardas2015
I honestly can't remember ANYTHING of that from my Roche playthrough...Radovid hardly appears in that one IIRC...

Or maybe I should play the game again, refreshing my memory...

Last edited:
Top Bottom