Toussaint

+
I always imagined it was like Italy or Southern France, since we met a lady and her relatives from Toussaint in the fifth chapter of the first game and they had French accents. Plus, y'know, wine. In fact, I imagined the further south of the Jaruga the more Mediterranean it got -- I thought Cahir was an Italian looking fellow.

This will be a huge change from the Slavic, war-torn marshes and icy cold islands and overpopulated cities of the main game. I imagine we'll see some very beautiful places of a different kind in Toussaint. I bet their sewers are ornate and scream art history. I can smell it.

I hope there is a HUGE drinking game quest in Toussaint. It wouldn't be right without one.

Tradition is a holy thing in Toussaint, so all holidays are keenly observed.

Just to add to the speculation:
  • Toussaint... is the French for November 1, All Saints' Day (pagan Samhain).
  • That's the equivalent of Saovine ingame. It's the end of the year, the end of a cycle begun at Beltaine, one of the main days the veil is thin - the outdoor to Geralts indoor - and traditionally a big time for horror & bloody sacrifice.
  • It can be symbolised by a snake eating its tail.
  • Apparently the Saovine tradition includes burning the effigy of a dissident - Falka - who may also be connected to the holy blood.
  • Knights-Errant have a passion for Fairytales.
  • In the old days Viniculture was often the purview of the religious classes.
  • Religious classes have a tendency to construct Fairytales.
  • Blood Red Wine has been especially significant throughout the ages to the various Mystery Cults.

---------- Updated at 03:42 PM ----------

Soooooo Toussaints in the south of Witcherworld, and its full of kinigits knights... coincidence ? ;)

It's a fairytale land. It'll be fun to see what CDPR's artists do with the area. By the heron I swear, it will look like a god damn painting. I mean, more than what TW3 already looks like.

It's like a fucking fairytale or something.

I'm very, VERY excited for this expansion! Fookin' Toussaint!

Attachments

• witchermapenld.jpg
    witchermapenld.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 124
Toussaint is fantastic location for expansion. We have everything : famous wines, decadent aristocracy, abandoned wine cellars filled with monsters, ancient castles...

I agree, I've been familiarising myself with the local geography, and its a fine looking secluded valley, surrounded by intriguing placenames such as Montblanc, Cervantes Pass, and Mount Gorgon, along with Mirkwood and the Black Forest... and Rivia is like, but a pitchfork away ;)

You know what they say about those Dutch women ;)
Lots of Sucky, Sucky to be had in this Paid DLC I bet lol...

Last edited:
They have everything. Nine barbers alone, eight pharmacies. But only one whorehouse, and it's so small and shitty that I wouldn't even call it a whorehouse.
Angouleme proposed opening a brothel, that girl had some business sense...
Geralt&Co should've listened to her...Bloody idiots.

Good you mentioned Rivia, another idea for expansion...Geralt should finally visit his "homeland" and queen who knighted him :D
And what is going on with Meve anyway?

Just what I thought... how could they dare take us so close to Rivia, so close you can smell the Yaruga... and yet, no celebratory pitchfork cigar ?

Meve... lovely name with a heavy history "she who intoxicates".

Top Bottom