Witcher 3 News [LINKS & DISCUSSION]

+
Congratulations CD project , It make me feel very happy , after two years , I have read all the books (I love the two games ).I could put many things but I just tell "I know that it will be amazing for all the suprises that you have put into the game" .Thanks for your existence CDproject.

And the drastic change of geralt in his animations from the low levels at high levels, just for this detail I love too much. That mean, geralt will does amazing hits and piruettes like witcher 1:animier:.

I love it geralt in witcher 1.

Again, Thanks Cd project and I hope, that you, and all the members from CD project are satisfied for your job.

Were there any tweets/first news from YT'ers from today? Besides vodka/food/party stuff?

From the Brazilian Youtubers:

https://instagram.com/p/1i_Em9xR1s/

https://instagram.com/p/1iO-fpJ1JH/

No big stuff though

---------- Updated at 02:38 AM ----------

G1, the news sector of Rede Globo (the biggest media Shark here in Brazil), also got their hands on the game and will talk about it. Before that, they made some coments about the localization of the game

Source (there's an english interview with Alex Boiret):

http://g1.globo.com/tecnologia/game...-3-teve-mais-de-800-personagens-dublados.html

In Brazil, RPG 'The Witcher 3' had more than 800 characters dubbed
Game translation took about five months, says voice actor Sergio Moreno.

Actors Orlando Drummond and Maria Helena Pader are also in the cast.
Bruno Araujo
Do G1, in Sao Paulo

The market has grown, fans are more mature and the game translation into Portuguese of Brazil have become more and more a must for anyone who brings games to the country. But while some still end up skating, other debut wanting to impress.

The RPG "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt", the first game of the series located to our language, had more than 800 characters dubbed for its Brazilian version, told in an interview with the G1 the voice actor Sergio Moreno, one of those responsible for the translation work of the game and the owner of the voice of Geralt of Rivia, the protagonist.
Moreno also recently played other known public figures for those who enjoys games, like the villain Pagan Min ("Far Cry 4") and the hacker Aiden Pearce ("Watch Dogs").
"In the game itself, we worked about five months. We had times when we get four simultaneous studios to record everything. And only with Geralt I must have recorded 30 days," says Moreno. "It's that thing of RPG. In the same scene you have three, four options."

For comparison, the dubbing of a film takes about 20 working days, according to Moreno. The localization for "Watch Dogs," tooked about three months between comings and goings of material for the approval of producers.

But the effort was worth it. The G1 played "The Witcher 3" for almost 3 hours and our impressions of the game will come out soon. But until then, I can guarantee that the dubbing of the game, which, according to producer CD Projekt Red, it takes about 200 hours to complete, is excellent.

Besides himself Sergio Moreno, the cast of "The Witcher 3" has several other actors and voice actors well known to Brazilians, as Orlando Drummond and Maria Helena Pader. If you are watching the soap opera "The Cattle King", you will remember her voice . She is Julia, one of the maids of Bruno Mezenga.
This choice of professionals understood the subject, added to the great translation of context lines scattered "The Witcher 3" as a child playing in the street, a trader asking for help or warrior training for battle, helps you to dive into the adventure of Geralt , making much more alive and authentic experience. As the game is very long, attention is fundamental.

The Brazilian Geralt
Although he had done several jobs with game location, including the tyrant and complex Pagan Min, Moreno says that it was a challenge to give life to the national version of the White Wolf. "The Geralt was a lot of work because we had to get that voice. He is a Witcher, it's nothing jovial" he says.
During the location of Geralt - Moreno likes to say that dubbing is only when you put "sound over any image," and in most games there are no references - he says it was necessary to take some character intervals.
"[Because] you have a responsibility as big as a Geralt, knowing that the people are demanding, knowing that he is a Witcher and doing things that are not of your day-to-day. So I interspersed recordings, gave a time of two or three days, and then came back. There were 70,000 files if I'm not mistaken, only for Geralt, "he says.

Large fans
To be a huge project, the location of "The Witcher 3" for the Portuguese of Brazil is an achievement - but also a risk. However, according to Alex Boiret, location coordinator at CD Projekt Red, greatly responsible for the realization of this are the players themselves.
"If you have great fans, we go to you. I think that's the idea," says Boiret to G1. "I do not know of all trades, but there is clearly a demand for 'The Witcher' here, and here we are."

From a Brazilian perspective, the marketing on Witcher 3 is really big, I think that only Ubisoft may had pulled something like this big, making so much people from here to play the game in a hands on. They even hired a real good studio that have a legendary voice-actor here working on the game.
CDPR you guys are really amazing! =)

Were there any tweets/first news from YT'ers from today? Besides vodka/food/party stuff?

There won't be much in the way of"meaty" tweets or videos, etc until later next week. I'm sure there will be more general type tweets from attendees (especially knowing what he studio has in store for them tomorrow), but actual game stuff is embargoed till later next week. This was done so they could all take time to create their content on an even playing field without anyone feeling the need to rush. :)

There won't be much in the way of"meaty" tweets or videos, etc until later next week. I'm sure there will be more general type tweets from attendees (especially knowing what he studio has in store for them tomorrow), but actual game stuff is embargoed till later next week. This was done so they could all take time to create their content on an even playing field without anyone feeling the need to rush. :)
That makes sense, good to know TEC.
Thanks;)

I really think it's a dilemma with the whole equipment scaling. Because while I definitely can see how it would be very annoying to get some equipment that you'd be locked out of using for another 10 levels, it also seems like it can bring some frustration if you stumble on one of the best armors/swords in the game 10 levels early and then receive the nerfed version of it.
Like if that happened to me, I might consider quick loading, make a mental note of where the equipment is and then come back later.

I really think it's a dilemma with the whole equipment scaling. Because while I definitely can see how it would be very annoying to get some equipment that you'd be locked out of using for another 10 levels, it also seems like it can bring some frustration if you stumble on one of the best armors/swords in the game 10 levels early and then receive the nerfed version of it.
Like if that happened to me, I might consider quick loading, make a mental note of where the equipment is and then come back later.

I got the impression that with this scenario, you'd have the option to store the found item in Roach's bags, before eventually equipping the item at the optimum level if you so wished. You just have the option to 'nerf' and use it early. Best of both worlds.

I got the impression that with this scenario, you'd have the option to store the found item in Roach's bags, before eventually equipping the item at the optimum level if you so wished. You just have the option to 'nerf' and use it early. Best of both worlds.

But you won't see the downscale, the item will downscale when founded, not when equipped. And some of the best gear will be crafted so...

Just saw the twitter of this Gopher guy, wasn't familiar with him. He says the below:

Day 1: CDProjektRed devs looking nervous.
Day 2: Same staff look relaxed and slightly smug. Should tell you a lot :)

That is nice, seems they loved the game which is great.

Nothing very game wise. Just telling how was the trip, that they got to play the game for 8 hours yesterday and after went to eat a typical polish food (which we have in South Brazil but is very poorly done so they were kind of afraid to eat eat). At the end there is a joke about the Polish corridor.

These guys (the two big ones and the slim one) are the very expressive here. The lady is the slim guys wife, if I'm not mistaken

Top Bottom