Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's snowing here... I hope spring will visit us in May.

@Dragonbird Magnificent, of course i'm taking my sweet ass time, because i cannot work on it 24\7. But it feels good, there's progress....describing a new mythology is the tricky part...the fear of lacking details may come, but it doesn't bother me really...
It may not satisfy everyone, but it is fun. :)

Can someone recommend Single Malts for me. So far I tried Cragganmore 12 years old and Glenmorangie 10 years old.

Recommend a vice? Why, of course!

Laphroaig 10 year -- Peat bomb, oily, smokey, rich, very long finish. If you haven't had an Islay, it's the 'prototype', albeit stronger than others.

Bowmore 12 year -- Similar to Laphroaig, but far less smoke, less peat, more well balanced. A less harsh flavour. I perceived it as more 'briny'.

Dalwhinnie 15 year -- Smooth, gentle, light. A small amount of peat. It's nickname 'the gentle spirit' is well chosen. Heathery.

Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban 12 year -- The same as 10, but aged two more years in port pipes. Minty, chocolate, a bit warmer. A desert drink.

Glenfiddich 12 year -- Slightly sweet, floral, maybe fruity? Nothing unique, but a good drink none the less.

Caol Ila 12 year -- Another Islay, strong and unqiue, though less so than Laphroaig. Most hate it or love it.

Speyburn 10 year -- Inexpensive! Malt, grain, barley, caramel, floral, smooth.

Bushmill's 10 year -- Irish. Light, grainy, 'unmalted barley'. Typical of an Irish whisky.

Last edited:
Can someone recommend Single Malts for me. So far I tried Cragganmore 12 years old and Glenmorangie 10 years old.

15-year Glenfiddich is the one I always keep on hand. Their Distillery Edition can knock your socks off; their Solera (both 15-year) has better manners. If you like Cragganmore, you should like these too. Glenfiddich is big and gets wide distribution so should be easy to find.

Write everything you remember on a paper, when you have actually played the Witcher 3 read the paper. Maybe you are a psychic.

Maybe a little uplifting small music?

wichat you are my favorite. This is the coolest post I have seen in all the Witcher forums!!! Not done with my first beer and already lmao!

EDIT: @Quorealist

Most of it involved looting really cool stuff from an enemy I wouldn't think much of in the way of loot, which would be great and fits the premise of the world not always being what you think it is in a way... but personally I'm looking forward to exploring the world more so than what loot I'll end up finding. *shrugs*

There was the one off encounter with a small female... maybe a gnome or halfling? I guess it reminded me of these creatures they called 'griggs' in the first game. In any case, I recall the devs confirming no gnomes... and I'm not sure I'd want to repeat the specific encounter anyway... Bit of an unrequited love story. Awkward...
: S

Last edited:

I prefer blended myself, but I've had a Macallan Single Malt that I really liked. Quite sweet actually.

Edit: I'm printing Tactical Sorcery's post. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom