Cloaks in Witcher 3

+

Attachments

• UQ0LU8d.jpg
    UQ0LU8d.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 128
Yenn alternate costume DLC also has a hood.
Can't see why they wouldn't add hoods in W3, then again i wasn't really a big fan of the hoods in W2.
I only like hoods when they are attached to a cape (cloaks).

Yenn alternate costume DLC also has a hood.
Can't see why they wouldn't add hoods in W3, then again i wasn't really a big fan of the hoods in W2.
I only like hoods when they are attached to a cape (cloaks).

Yeah.... and wet and cold.... and climates of temeria.... and basic needs......and alternate start... and cloaks...... and Vilja as a companion.... Seriously? I haven't seen such moaning on bethsoft forums when piece of unfinished crap known as Skyrim was released - besides they didn't gave a shit for anything we've wrote there 'cos they were on a deadline. Is it some kind of a topic for "implement a mod i hope for to be made"? CDPR are awesome ppl but not DC universe superhumans. This thread starts to look like a mod wishlist. W3 already has a tons of stuff that Valvethesda would just leave to modders and yet there is always someone to say "i wanna play as a cat". '''^-.-^,,,

I half expect this to be something said:

In The Witcher 3 we beleive proper cloak effects are very important. So you cloak will move with you. It will get sliced up by blades and claws forcing you to buy a new one, when you jump backwards wearing your cloak it may go over your eyes and blind you, in fact human enemies can outwit you by literally pulling the cloak over your eyes then stabbing you. We figured it very important to get cloaks right to enhance the feel of The Witcher.

Ay, and just try swimming in a cloak -- in armour and boots is hard enough. If I know the average player, he wouldn't bother to take off the thing. Now, that's realism.

Last edited:
Yeah.... and wet and cold.... and climates of temeria.... and basic needs......and alternate start... and cloaks...... and Vilja as a companion.... Seriously? I haven't seen such moaning on bethsoft forums when piece of unfinished crap known as Skyrim was released - besides they didn't gave a shit for anything we've wrote there 'cos they were on a deadline. Is it some kind of a topic for "implement a mod i hope for to be made"? CDPR are awesome ppl but not DC universe superhumans. This thread starts to look like a mod wishlist. W3 already has a tons of stuff that Valvethesda would just leave to modders and yet there is always someone to say "i wanna play as a cat". '''^-.-^,,,

Did my post upset you in some way ?
There is zero moaning on my post. I just gave my opinion on hoods and that i like cloaks.
Besides, I'm pretty sure CDPR appreciates all the feedback on stuff that we would like to see implemented in the game, either good or bad they will ear it all, this is a forum after all.

Practicality to the wind, cloaks are flat-out one of the coolest pieces of clothing, ever. We must have cloaks.

Last edited:
I half expect this to be something said:

I'd assume Geralt is a smart and trained man in the art of fighting, so if he did have a cloak it'd make more sense for him to use it or discard it at the start of a fight.

For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxUwJXNvd9I
and more info:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTPrpTGEqeg

(yes the first video is a choreographed fight but the point stands, cloaks were useful in fights and weren't simply a "hindrance" like many assume).

I mean how hard would it be for the devs to either:

1. Allow the cloaks to "clip" durin ga fight.

2. Have a simple "Throw off" animation where Geralt automatically throws his cloak off at the start of a fight.

Both of this are viable options, a simple throw off animation gets rid of the clipping and other issues they face with having them in combat when geralt is moving around and weapons and swords/spells are flying about.

Then after combat you leave combat have Geralt do a simple pick-up animation (IE he bends down forward as though he's picking something up) and have him put on the cloak. (for obvious game reasons and how much of a pain it'd be both to code and to the player, you wouldn't actually have to "find" the cloak you threw off but rather it's an animation that he does and the cloak simply "appears" in his hands once he bends down and picks something up).

So that's just one simple way they could do it in a patch or update to W3 without having to put a ton of work into making it "fit" or be logical without the issues of having it on during combat., I think it could work.

I know if I had to choose

cloaks with clipping
cloaks thrown off in combat

or

no cloaks

I'd go with either of the two first options, I wnats my cloaks :(.

Hoods by themselves aren't nearly as cool looking imo, it seems weird to have a hood and not have it attached to a cloak or have it be part of something else.

Cloaks are cool, but I'd also be happy if we get these in the game. These do not seem as restrictive as cloaks because they have sleeves.

View attachment 13004

I'm really digging the dark black short sleeved armors the most.
e.g Whatever Geralt has on fighting that cyclops looked way cool, also hood variety would be cool.
I don't think every hooded armor should have that single elf/jester lock in the back.
I still want my toggle hood On/Off option in the inventory menu, in the game.
It's cosmetic, but it's still one of my better ideas for the game.
Just saying ;)

I'm personally all for it if it's logical and can be implemented (and I goshdarn love that armour concept art shawn_kh posted, those designs would fulfil my internal cloak needs) but I fully understand if it isn't logical from either a practical lore/technical angle. I mean, Edna has a point!

Last edited:
all in all were talking about a game that has werewolves, flying hybrid cat birds, and mermaids. they left the cloak out cause of realism in combat? lol :troll:

im willing to bet thats one of the future DLCs to come. maybe not full cloaks with capes, but atleast a hood. i didnt like the hood without a robe/cloak/trench coat, but after playing AC: Unity it grew on me playing with the trench coat less armors.

Last edited:
Top Bottom