The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a surprise! But, so what? You still can't play the version you think you saw, now, and no amount of aggravated dispute with a moderator will change that. I think this whole business is an enormous waste of time, and energy, which could be spent elsewhere on more productive, and meaningful matters.
You shouldn't bother. :whistle:
I really don't care what you think TBH. I'm making a statement, period.

Well if you haven't seen this yet this is the interview that gave me the most info and pretty much settles it

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-Adam-Badowski-translation?highlight=badowski

These are the key points/answers directly from that interview

1. On PC we could raise the resolution as the hardware is stronger but we wouldn’t be able to do something new at the same time, like for example re-writing the whole rendering engine that would be able to display that amount of polygons.

2. Platform unification exists – we have one build that gets distributed on each of them. The game is exactly the same, grass drawing distance is identical everywhere. The differences result from GPU having different parameters on each console for example, which could effect in differences in colour temperature.

3. And how will the PC ultra compare to consoles?

You will be able to find some small differences like Nvidia Hairworks for example but they are very demanding graphically so you must have a strong machine.

4. Are all models and textures the same?

Yes, there’s only one version, without it we wouldn’t be able to deliver the game on time. We would have to strip it down, build and test separately on all 3 platforms which is infeasible. To we do it all on one foundation and then distribute it to all devices.

One build for all which is why the recent trailers don't look the same as the initial one. That is the decision they made and nothing will change that so you better hope modders take an interest if you are not pleased though that heavily depends on how easy the redkit tools are to work with..

Oh, well, now my hate for consoles has grown up over 9000.

THANK YOU!

GuyNwah, did you read that for your proof? The game has been built across all platforms meaning that they were already limited from the get go in terms of what they could develop because of the limited hardware in the PS4 and don't get me started about the xbone. No one cares about "re-writing the whole rendering engine" when we can't even get a decent draw distance because of the console counterparts limiting our output.

Should CD have stuck to the PC only this would have looked exactly like the original trailer. Downgrade.

You would not be able to buy such a game at any price. It would be uneconomic to develop. This game is being developed to make a profit, not to cater to a handful of self-styled hardcore PC gamers.

And nothing in that quote says anything about having limited the game on PC in order to accommodate the consoles. All it says is the build is the same across all platforms. Since, for example, PS4 has no trouble running the best available textures for PC, there is no reason to provide a different set of textures for PC.

Moderator: This is exactly what I meant about founding arguments of a "downgrade" on quotes taken out of context and interpreted with intent to mislead.

The game does not have its luster anymore, please release official HD pack and let us reproduce VGX/SOD graphics.

Well, you never know. Maybe once the expansions and/or the RedKit have been released. It'll give you a good reason to play through for the second (3rd? 4th?) time :)

This interview again... seriously people.... it's like broken record... we've been there...

Well I tend to just come back when new trailers or visuals are posted. It's good to repost these things so people don't go around in circles too much. I will admit even after I was reading that interview I held on to hope that it was over-exaggerated and maybe even uninformed but now to me it's pretty clear it isn't after seeing a bit more content and the shift of arguments in the forums. Well it's not like we can force answers or anything since that would only make the game look bad prior to release and CDPR aren't obligated to tell us anything in the end. At least the redkit is coming out faster this time modding did wonders for skyrim.

Moderator: Statements made by moderators in their capacity as moderator are clearly labeled as such and are not subject to dispute and are not to be disregarded. Posts contravening that rule will be deleted. Members who persist in making such posts may be removed from the forum for so long as is needed to maintain order.

A better use of time would certainly be going onto Gopher or other youtuber's chat and asking them directly "Does the grass and bushes look flat" as well as the other questions posted here... Then you can link there answers :D

Some of the forum users are blind to the downgrade, the game has clearly washed down graphics. CDPROJEKT make HD ULTRA GRAPHICS of the game. SOD/VGX must be replicated when I play at ULTRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom