Throwing daggers and traps in The Witcher 3 ?

+
traps seem to be in (please take a look at some previous posts in this thread)

also in a gameplay vid they show a griffin coming to take A fake sheep, with a shirt button instead of an eye, i think its a trap geralt placed to kill the griffin.
can some one on confirm traps are in?

oh and about trowing daggers i dont think i will miss it, i did not use it in the witcher 2, i rather see geralt using it as hand weapon should be interesting :p
there are some other new weapons like axes blunt weapons and i believe more, i even saw geralt using a curved sword thats new :p

Yeah, throwing knives would be pretty much useless now that we have the crossbow. But I do wonder why its slot called "Ranged Weapons"...

Are there traps in this game?

I don't mean Yrden. I'm talking about actual mechanical traps like Conflagration and Snare and such.

They added so much to the combat gameplay. Manafacturing them and laying them about made Geralt feel like a true expert, a skilled hunter. Preparation for the fights gave them so much more depth.

I remember when I did the nekker contact I actually laid traps around the swamp outside Flotsam and then led the Nekkers into them. Not only did it make the quest easier, it supported the lore and made the combat just so much more fun and cool. It was amazing. Slowly walking around the swamp, the mist and fog obscuring my vision. It's quiet, all I can hear are my footsteps and the gentle thud thud soundtrack for that part of the game.

I'm slowly laying traps. I hear the quiet clicking as they are activated. Then I run near a Nekker nest and see them rise from the ground. That maniacal Nekker growling starts. Sword comes out. Next thing I know there's a flurry of limbs, silver, and me running around leading the cretins into my traps and seeing very satisying explosions.

I have watched lots of footage, seen screenshots, and read gameplay previews and have heard nothing of traps. This worries me.

Unrelated mini-questions I had that you could also answer:

- is there a forest like Flotsam in the game? A true fantasy forest with giant shrubs and massive trees that extend into the sky. All the forests I've seen in the game look contemporary with their normal-sized trees. Like I could see them if I drove north in my province.

Last edited:
I have to admit, traps where great fun in TW2. Especially in Dark mode where you could plan your attacks and blow up some of your ennemies before they could touch you, or keep the Endraga queen at bay with conflagration traps ;)

As far as I can tell, I havn't seen any traps in all the videos / screen / reviews. So i guess they"re not in, or it's not that just an important feature.

That would be a shame for a professional monster hunter not to have traps =/

There's nothing in there that confirms or denies their existence. I still don't have a strong answer. Can someone ask Marcin on Twitter?

A few previews have specifically said you can craft traps. I have not seen it in action yet so I am skeptical of their accuracy. CDPR has neither affirmed nor denied the existence of crafted traps. That is all we know for now. Sometimes there is no firm answer to give. We do the best we can with the info we have.

EDIT: one more quote

The rest is then tracking the monster, literally following tracks before you figure out how best to dispatch it. As before, this often involves laying traps and preparing potions and poisons, but finding the right location to fight the monster is often just as much of an advantage.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...er-3-Wild-Hunt-review-phenomenally-dense.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom