A Night To Remember CGI trailer.

+
Cool trailer. Really neat idea behind it, the execution lacked that special something Platige was able to bring, though. And I think this may be the first Witcher trailer to use stock "epic" music, which was a bit disappointing to me. It just felt slightly off overall. Geralt really didn't look like Geralt either.

Visually great in terms of CGI, though, and the content was well thought out.

We need the lullaby song! And that teardrop in the end makes me so sad ...
It's really incredible how killing a hideous, blood-sucking monster can make people (including me) feel sad, while killing humans in "Killing Monsters" CGI would make you feel glad they're dead.
Perspective.
Perspective is everything.

Wohoo...
Nice trailer, that combines showing off the full arsenal of a Witchers weaponry with the "hidden monster" aspect,
all in a whole lot of style

Now excuse me as I change my pants, dry my eyes and watch the whole thing all over again till the postman rings with my CE!

Cool trailer. Really neat idea behind it, the execution lacked that special something Platige was able to bring, though. And I think this may be the first Witcher trailer to use stock "epic" music, which was a bit disappointing to me. It just felt slightly off overall. Geralt really didn't look like Geralt either.

Visually great in terms of CGI, though, and the content was well thought out.

I get a similar 'off' impression. I cannot quite put my finger on its source, though. It's a fine cinematic, technically and visually. However, while it's all very masterfully realised, and the tactical details are nearly straight out of the books, there's some subtle element lacking. . . .

I made a little trailer analysis of my own on Kinja just for the fun of it, since I felt like recounting everything that the trailer has to offer for my own amusement. I doubt that anyone on Kinja is going to notice it, but it feels like a waste to just leave it laying there, so if anyone wants to take a look, go ahead.

And this has been my one and only piece of self-promotion on this forum, ever. I doubt that I'll ever feel the need to do another. :)

Out of curiosity, what do people find so appealing about the song? It doesn't do a thing for me, personally, but I'd be interested to see other appraisals.

Not to be insulting, but it is probably just not your style or you're not musically inclined. It is fitting to the universe, mainly because it is a Troubador type song or it is fitting to the range of style in that time.

The song is called A Hole in the Sun by Two Steps From Hell

Lyrics are original from CDPR.

NOW if it is the poem you don't feel for. That is just taste. Very very big folk taste.

I hope someday graphics are as good as CGI

They already are. Have you seen the CGI they made in early 2000's? But when the game graphics will be as good as this particular CGI, the CGI of that era will most likely be perfectly photorealistic.

Not to be insulting, but it is probably just not your style or you're not musically inclined. It is fitting to the universe, mainly because it is a Troubador type song or it is fitting to the range of style in that time.

The song is called A Hole in the Sun by Two Steps From Hell

Lyrics are original from CDPR.

NOW if it is the poem you don't feel for. That is just taste. Very very big folk taste.

No insult, and no argument here. Tastes vary. We all know that. Ay, it's the little verses to which I'm referring. Not quite what I'd call troubadour, but definitely folkloric.

Last edited:
It's a reference to the books - Geralt once told Regis, that no one would be able to afford the price, he would demand for Regis' head.

I think that this Geralt's answer wasn't about fact that higher vampires are extremaly dangerous so he don't want to risk his life, but that he consider Regis as friend/creature that isn't threat to people, so no one can pay him to kill Regis. This doesn't mean that he will not kill another higher vampire who is hunting and killing people.

^^ I can also see not many people liking it as Reptile mentioned: It is stock from TSFH and not from the usual musical style of Witcher.

she is one of the high vampire - nesferatu i belive, like regis, but she lost herself in drinking(bloodoholick) and start killing too many folks so geralt was hired to deal with her .

Top Bottom