Quest Markers in TW3

+
Here the information is summarized for us but we are still forced to participate in the quests to a degree that many younger generation players will probably find uncomfortable.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but you are pratically saying that, instead of educate the young gamers, is better to sacrifice the quality to please them?
Even so, it doesn't matter, because is still possible to put optional quest markers on a well write quest, making it comfortable for both younger and less younger Role - Playing Gamers. But what you can't do for sure, is to play a quest without quest markers if that quest is meant to be played only with those activated.

So there are two contracts on the notice board in white orchard. One very clearly states: "look for the razed hut along the road to White Orchard - I've made camp there". The other is asking for someone to deal with the wraith in the ruined village. He also mentions "if you don't know come ask me - and he signs his name". Considering this is the White Orchard notice board it seems logical to assume that the guy lives in the village and you'll find him just exploring the village
he does
. As far as the Johnny quest is concerned I'm not going to make any assumptions about something shown off for demo purposes a year ago where they are using lots of fast cuts, who knows if the quest log was even complete at that point.

Maybe you're right and I'm freaking out without any reason, I don't know.

Last edited:
you mean the "gps" thing? yep. you can disable this stuff trough the UI as far as i know (i think it is called "show directions on the minimap on/off"). there are a lot of options, you can also disable enemy health bars, yeah, basically you can disable everything, even the horse fear level, the oxygen-bar (swimming)...
Yep, the GPS thingie.
'Show directions on the minimap on/off' sounds like it's only switchable for the minimap and not on the regular map as well though.

@schinderhannes.999 :
the gps is showed on the minimap only :)

there is HUD customization in the UI, where you can disable or enable things on the minimap (the gps, enemies, plants, loot...), the minimap as a whole, and a variety of other things (as i mentioned, for example the horse stamina and fear level, enemy health bars, boss health bars, oxygen, i think even the player health bar as i remember correctly).

then there is "filters" on the world map, where you can disable all the different icons, or just those you don't want to see.

Last edited:
Well, at least you can still make it require some effort on your side by turning off the mini map and pull up the regular map once in a while to see if you're still on the right track to the objective orientation- and direction-wise.

That could work. You'll know the general location of an objective and it'll actually give you a reason to use the Witcher detective vision.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but you are pratically saying that, instead of educate the young gamers, it's better to sacrifice the quality to please them?

What is this "quality" you speak of? Yes, it is clear what types of things you would prefer, but how does that make them "quality"? Could the quest designs be better? Of course. Would I personally want certain things to be different? Definitely. But it would be unreasonable to ask for a developer to cater to the needs of a minority. They found a middle ground and gave us as many toggles as one might need. Some quests will of course suffer from it while others benefit. Quality is subjective and neither of our opinions, yours or mine, matter in the grand scheme of things.

@schinderhannes.999 :
the gps is showed on the minimap only :)

there is HUD customization in the UI, where you can disable or enable things on the minimap (the gps, enemies, plants, loot...), the minimap as a whole, and a variety of other things (as i mentioned, for example the horse stamina and fear level, enemy health bars, boss health bars, oxygen, i think even the player health bar as i remember correctly).

then there is "filters" on the world map, where you can disable all the different icons, or just those you don't want to see.
Already knew about the quite extensive HUD customization, but that it's not showing the GPS/objective marker(s) on the regular map at all is new to me, cool.

Cheers for clearing that up.

Already knew about the quite extensive HUD customization, but that it's not showing the GPS/objective marker(s) on the regular map at all is new to me, cool.

Cheers for clearing that up.

Yeah, someone put up a screengrab on reddit yesterday showing all the Filter toggles for the regular map, can't find it at the moment though. They also mentioned that some filters are just flat out disabled on Hard/DM.

Top Bottom