Broken Quest/Contract - Deadly Delights

+
CDPR.

I've tried looking everywhere, in multiple forums, Google searches, and nothing. I seem to be the only person on planet earth that has this issue and it is driving my OCD and completionist mind crazy.

My issue is regarding the "Deadly Delights" contract. I picked up the contract, began the quest, yet there is NO GUARD to be found - thus making this quest permanently on my list, with no map-markers, nowhere to go, and no guard to talk to in this game.

I added a screen cap from my game (Running v4.04 on PC)

Bug.png

This is exactly where the guard is supposed to be, yet there is no guard, no map markers, nothing... The quest is now completely broken and permanently on my quest list.

I've tred everything, including:

• Re-loading multiple saves and times
  • Coming back at different times of the day
  • Trying to continue the quest without this step, but I can't move forward
  • Re-checking the message board that has the contract and re-reading the contract from my inventory
  • Verified the guard location by watching a handful fo playthrough of this contract/quest
  • A Redditor suggested trying to get to the location from both sides of the bridge (nothing changed)
I really have no other place to go other than hoping CDPR sees this post, someone else on Earth has seen this issue, or what. The only thing I can think of is the guard is dead? Maybe? But wouldn't that make the quest failed?

I have no other options and it's going to kill me here if I can't do anything. Can this be fixed or patched?

The only other solution I could possibly think of is re-loading a save file from possible many many hours ago, but even then, I have no diea if it would change anything. Please help or give me more suggestions?

As of right now, this quest is completely broken.

Thanks and I am loving this game! First time playing through it - just wish I could complete this dang contract. Otherwise, this will never be started let alone failed or completed.

Not sure, but if I remember, this dude should be there, even before starting the contract :(
First and an important detail > Do you use mods? (or used on this save)
If not, I suggest to directly contact the support ("contact us" button).

It looks pretty sparsely populated compared to normal. That area usually has a ton of NPC's and soldiers bustling around. Is your Character Density set too low? Maybe try bumping it up a notch or even just changing it, quit out of the game, restart and reset it again.

I don't know exactly how the Character Density works in the game but I wonder if the 'culling' process it does accidently culled the guard ......

Last edited:
Depending on the world-state, which is determined by your main campaign progress, certain quests can become un-achievable, or they have a stage that has not triggered yet. You may need to roll much further back in the main story...or you may need to advance to the next "chapter" before the guard will appear.

If it's not that, then it may very well be a bug. There have been times in the past when players somehow put the game into a situation where an NPC either did not appear where they should be or they could not be interacted with. How far along are you in the main story?

Also, fair warning: the game cannot be "hundred-percented" in a single playthrough. By design, key moments in the game create exclusive decisions, which will open up or permanently gate off entire quests based on player choice. The only way to see absolutely everything is to play through multiple times, making different key choices at those junctions.

CDPR.

I've tried looking everywhere, in multiple forums, Google searches, and nothing. I seem to be the only person on planet earth that has this issue and it is driving my OCD and completionist mind crazy.

My issue is regarding the "Deadly Delights" contract. I picked up the contract, began the quest, yet there is NO GUARD to be found - thus making this quest permanently on my list, with no map-markers, nowhere to go, and no guard to talk to in this game.

I added a screen cap from my game (Running v4.04 on PC)

View attachment 11359849

This is exactly where the guard is supposed to be, yet there is no guard, no map markers, nothing... The quest is now completely broken and permanently on my quest list.

I've tred everything, including:

• Re-loading multiple saves and times
  • Coming back at different times of the day
  • Trying to continue the quest without this step, but I can't move forward
  • Re-checking the message board that has the contract and re-reading the contract from my inventory
  • Verified the guard location by watching a handful fo playthrough of this contract/quest
  • A Redditor suggested trying to get to the location from both sides of the bridge (nothing changed)
I really have no other place to go other than hoping CDPR sees this post, someone else on Earth has seen this issue, or what. The only thing I can think of is the guard is dead? Maybe? But wouldn't that make the quest failed?

I have no other options and it's going to kill me here if I can't do anything. Can this be fixed or patched?

The only other solution I could possibly think of is re-loading a save file from possible many many hours ago, but even then, I have no diea if it would change anything. Please help or give me more suggestions?

As of right now, this quest is completely broken.

Thanks and I am loving this game! First time playing through it - just wish I could complete this dang contract. Otherwise, this will never be started let alone failed or completed.
I have the same problem, picked up this Contract many hours ago, when I entered Novigrad, but I can't start this quest, because the guard is missing.

Top Bottom