Controls improvements on console (feedback/suggestion for CDProjekt)

+
Controls improvements on console (feedback/suggestion for CDProjekt)

Hi.
I'll be brief and direct: controls IMO needs to be improved.
Here my feedback/suggestions:

1)Having to use a menu to select Signs is really a terrible idea, it's l slow and breaks the flow of the combat, TERRIBLE SOLUTION.
It would be much better to have "quick fire" combination of buttons to cast Sings instead.
Here my ideal quickfire controls (i am on PS4 so I will use that for reference).
(R2= sign button)

R2 +TRINALGE = cast Igni
R2+ SQUARE = cast Aard
R2 + CIRCLE = cast Yrden (same shape of the spell and button, easy to associate IMO)
R2 +X = cast Axii (easy to associate X with Axii)
R2+ L2 (parry button) = cast Quen (logical assignment IMO)

Alternatively you could make so that we have to HOLD R2 + the quick selection/fire Sign button to select the sign;TAPPING R2 then would cast the Sign.
Either way we won't have to go through the slow menu.

2) Doge and roll should be assigned to the same button (circle on PS4).
TAP CIRCLE= DOGE
HOLD CIRCLE = ROLL

2) Allow us to invert/swap the shoulder buttons.

3)Option: to set the Witcher sense on toggle.

That' is all..for now ;)

I know that these changes can't be implemented easily/overnight (logic to change, menus/UI to change/add, etc...) but really CD Project the game would be much more playable to me.

Last edited:
I completely agree a hold and press assignment would be far better for signs. And yes now you mention it the separate roll and dodge buttons are a little odd....! Hey what about drawing the signs on the DS4 pad :)

Unfortunately there is no way I can see them completely remapping controls post release, i have been playing games with poor button assignments on consoles for years and I cant recall it ever happening :(

I completely agree a hold and press assignment would be far better for signs. And yes now you mention it the separate roll and dodge buttons are a little odd....! Hey what about drawing the signs on the DS4 pad :)

Unfortunately there is no way I can see them completely remapping controls post release, i have been playing games with poor button assignments on consoles for years and I cant recall it ever happening :(

I knwo that the chances are slim but still CD Projekt might just lsiten.

Top Bottom