The Witcher 3 Modding

+
I wonder if we can do anything about the few huge pop in's that are quite noticeable (Sails on big ships in Oxenfurt, harpy nest tower). I guess for these, modding tools will be a must to edit the assets themselves. It's the only visual peeve I have with the game. :)

can we increase these values to change something? or are these max values locked?thx and sorry for my bad eng
<Option id="3" displayName="uber">
<Entry overrideGroup="LevelOfDetail" varId="DecalsHideDistance" value="80"/>
<Entry overrideGroup="Foliage" varId="MaxVisibilityDepth" value="24"/>
<Entry varId="GrassDensity" value="2400.0"/>

I think uber is ultra. The option menu we saw on IGN stream didn't have any uber settings, and the max was Ultra. So unless they've locked some sort of uber settings until release I wouldn't get my hopes up!

Yep, you can actually change a whole lot in that regard. :)

oh this is amazing news, thanks guys, so much more possibilities :D

---------- Updated at 11:29 AM ----------

might as well post it here, maybe something like this is possible? photoshop edit to try and make it look like the old shitty renderer, lol
I just like how it looks.

http://i.imgur.com/TUT2Rud.jpg

thats very easy to do, just use Reshade/Sweetfx, make a filmic/desaturated tonemapping with greenish hue and add lumasharpen , but ther's already sharpening option in game, however if you put that much of sharpening your eyes will bleed after couples of minutes :p

I preordered it, i have the right , like all others to speak the mind. If you realy cant the see the unbelievable huge difference after the downgrade, well, thats quiet good for you. I for myself can see it and it hurt my eyes. But i wish you all fun possible with the Witcher 3.

There isn't a "unbelievable huge difference" and there isn't a downgrade. It is a myth born out of my fellow PC users who honestly believe that any bad thing that happens to them in games is because of consoles. When you imagine that there is a conspiracy against you, you will manufacture and invent an issue. There is ONE change to the 2013 trailers and now, and that is the sharpness. I would expect that any settings that were giving users in testing headaches would be remedied by a developer, Oh and guess what? it was. One CHANGEABLE setting does not a downgrade make.

But this doesn't fit the narrative of the persecuted PC gamer so lets ignore the facts and evidence and continue to push a lie because this way we can look like discerning consumers standing up to the tyranny of false advertising. The whole "insider" article shown to be a lie, the whole the textures are downgraded shown to be a lie. The whole PS4 and PC on ultra comparison video shown to be a lie. The only thing that has changed is the sharpness settings that you can mod back in with the mod tools. To be an actual discerning customer you actually have to discern truth from fiction so far the downgrade "community" have shown a complete lack of being able to do so.

Last edited:
Stoped right there.
The downgrade is already proven. If you dont accept facts and spread Lies instead, theres no Reason for me to talk to you.
Byebye

LMAO. Sorry but you are incapable of accepting the facts. Evidence based reasoning requires that you base your position on evidence. And not selective evidence but all evidence and the evidence is in there is no downgrade, a setting was changed not because of consoles couldn't handle it not because consoles had to appear as good a PCs not because consoles are ruining the PC market but because gamers got headaches. A game shouldn't give gamers headaches so softening the sharpness so people don't get headaches isn't a downgrade especially when they have the ability to set the sharpness back to that level with the modtools. By any SANE and RATIONAL standard that isn't a downgrade that is a reasonable tweaking of the graphics. But hey don't let reason, evidence or sanity sway you.

Seriously? In this thread too? Do people WANT to be banned just before the launch?
Cool down, everyone, and back on-topic please.

I noticed monster's are leashed to, imho, quite a small area. Curious as to whether this kind of thing is easily changed?

Seriously? In this thread too? Do people WANT to be banned just before the launch?
Cool down, everyone, and back on-topic please.

Yes, you are right.
Sometimes emotions get me.
What i´ve seen so far CDPR hold word and they realy work on the PC Version.
I just love this franchise so much, sometimes reason get puched aside.
Thx for having grip.

Yes, you are right.
Sometimes emotions get me.
What i´ve seen so far CDPR hold word and they realy work on the PC Version.
I just love this franchise so much, sometimes reason get puched aside.
Thx for having grip.

Having grip on your sanity is hard to come by these days.

Now excuse me but I am going to play Skyrim for 5 hours.

I would love to be able to make the camera closer to geralt during non combat scenarios.

Also, Is there a way to tweak in the xml files the depth of field? I want the depth of field to be much more intense. At least GTA5 level. The in game depth of field is incredibly subtle and barely noticeable.

Anyone know how to tweak it?

Thanks!

Mods are not availabe as of yet, until CDPR release the modding kit

Someone will probably manage it before the mod kit gets released. It usually happens.

Heck, if you count SweetFX presets (I don't because those work with any game), it already has happened.

I would love to be able to make the camera closer to geralt during non combat scenarios.

Anyone know how to tweak it?

Me too, I keep checking around to see if anyone has found a way to do it. I'd walk around with Witcher sense on but all those distortions do my head in :)

If I find anything I'll be sure to post it here.

EDIT: Hehe, just noticed that the camera goes into a closer view if you're overburdened. That or it's a bug.

Last edited:
Top Bottom