"You cannot save right now" HELP!

+
"You cannot save right now" HELP!

Right, I've had the loading bug at the main menu and now another bug has popped up. I can't save my game and the autosave won't update either. When I go to save it, it comes up with "you cannot save right now". I thought it was because I was in the middle of a quest, but an hour later I still can't save. Is this a bug affecting everyone? Or just me... It's a brilliant game but this bug is letting it down majorly. Can anyone help please?

There are 4 other posts about this issue. There is still no fixing the issue unfortunately and no acknowledgement about this issue from the team either....All we can do is wait v.v

Me and a couple of others have the same issue....seems like the number of people with Saving issues is increasing, hopefully it will get noticed.

What platform are you playing it on?

Oh, I didn't see the other posts about it :)
I'm on the Xbox One. Is this happening with every platform? It's such a let down and not a good start... If I have to load from my last save it will be about 5 hours ago :( so desperate to play...

So far, it has been confirmed to happen on PS4, Xbox One, and PC so yes all platforms seem to be affected by it. Someone even said that he had the bug after leveling up to level 11 and couldn't load the data from it and had to start again from his last save (lvl 5). in this game it takes a long time to lvl up so I can't even imagine the amount of hours that guy put into the game.

Oh gosh... That's a bit crap :(
I'm only level 3 but I've explored most of White Orchard. Even that took me a while... Ah well, can't do anything about it. Let's hope CD Projeckt Red get onto this ASAP! Thanks for the replies though :)

No problem. I've been taking notes on the matter since it is such a problem of a bug. We'll keep you inform if I find anything more on the matter though :)

Right, I've had the loading bug at the main menu and now another bug has popped up. I can't save my game and the autosave won't update either. When I go to save it, it comes up with "you cannot save right now". I thought it was because I was in the middle of a quest, but an hour later I still can't save. Is this a bug affecting everyone? Or just me... It's a brilliant game but this bug is letting it down majorly. Can anyone help please?

I found this fix myself so try it out LaurenG1991:

1) Find your installation folder of Witcher 3 and go into the \bin\x64 folder.
2) Find the witcher3.exe file and right click it.
3) In the drop down menu click properties.
4) Select the pane called Compatibility and check ON the 'Run this program as an administrator'. Then hit apply.
5) Load up the game and try to save right after creating a new game.

Good luck!

Top Bottom