Pyres of Novigrad bug, can't progress with main quest line. *Possible Spoilers!*

+
Well, nothing unexpected but you're right...

I hope the next patch (this week?) will fix it...I'm running out of side quests.

Well it will not, we already know that patch 1.03 which the PC version already received will not fix this issue. The earliest they will fix is in 1.04 which probably will take a while before that happens, since patches will need to go through authorization of Sony and Microsoft on the consoles. Best case scenario it will take another 2 weeks at best, if not longer.

Atleast thats my guess on this matter.

Last edited:
So, if they don't answer, that means they don't know how reproduce this bug or fix it, makes it no better.

I agree it is not better and since they don't answer just means they have absolutely nothing of value to say on this subject and that they are utterly in the dark about how to fix this problem.

I agree it is not better and since they don't answer just means they have absolutely nothing of value to say on this subject and that they are utterly in the dark about how to fix this problem.
Well, it's not an across-the-board problem (I ran through this part this morning, it worked fine).. if they don't know what's causing it in certain people's games, then it makes it very difficult to fix. Your tone makes it sound like you think they're incompetent.

Well, it's not an across-the-board problem (I ran through this part this morning, it worked fine).. if they don't know what's causing it in certain people's games, then it makes it very difficult to fix. Your tone makes it sound like you think they're incompetent.

It isn't an across-the-board problem, but it is an cross-platform problem, if you have done your research before posting then you would know that this issue doesn't only affect PS4 users but PC and XONE as well. Yes, not all come across this issue, but the fact is still that there are people who gets this bug.

I think bugs like these should have a big priority to find the problem. It's not simply a side quest which doesn't work, people can't continue the main (!) story. That's a big difference.
Now, after nearly 75 hours, I won't start a new game! That's for sure...I'm still hoping for a hotfix which will come fast after patch 1.04...
It's in Sonys/Micosofts interests to keep this game working too...but maybe I'm too naive/hopeful...

Last edited:
I have same problem. Pls CDPR fix!!

---------- Zaktualizowano 19:30 ----------

I have same problem. Pls CDPR fix!!

Posted this in another thread, but this one is much more saturated so...

[Possible Fix] Ive encountered this bug as well. Being incredibly patient [no life] I sat there clickng X. For a long time. Moved about a bit and continued with my senseless button pressing. (20 minutes or so) After a while the icon went from push or Use or whatever it was that was tagged to the brick to displaying Locked. A quick fix would be to go into the code and permanently unlocking that switch.

Something in the script is preventing the proper trigger for some of us and causing that switch to remain locked. Also, as a double check I went to the building where the basement is before the quest itself and saw that the basement door is locked as well before the quest. It responds to the trigger properly and unlocks during said quest. Having the switch locked is just unnecessary redundancy, and changing it would *possibly* *most likely* fix a major issue for your fans. I hope this is read.

Our german PCGames just postet that console patches are in zertification progress...so 1.03 and 1.04 will come. Soon. Yeah...
The fix won't come until 1.05...
Well...I'm speechless right now. :D

Our german PCGames just postet that console patches are in zertification progress...so 1.03 and 1.04 will come. Soon. Yeah...
The fix won't come until 1.05...
Well...I'm speechless right now. :D

correct me if I'm wrong, but we, as console gamers generally pay more than pc gamers for games and as the cherry on top of this fact, we also get screwed over? Brilliant strategy.

No offense to CDPR, I'm not ungrateful for an awesome game, but this just got me down and pisses me off. With 67hours+ into a great, great game (easily game of the year for me) I'm forced to do 2 things currently, either wait until hotfix or start a complete new game and hope that once i arrive at Pyres of Novigrad i wont encounter the same bug...

Whew... delighted that i decided to buy it on PS4 instead on pc...

Top Bottom