Welcome to The Hairy Bear: The Witcher Off-Topic [Archived]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. They'd better get this fixed.
Eh, I don't really mind. The picture sharing function compresses the hell out of all the images. Using an image host service is just the better option.

Anyways, a small tech report regarding Novigrad. Was expecting a noticeable hit on frame rates there but it turns out that unlike nearly all other areas in the game which are very much GPU bound, in Novigrad you really do benefit from having an overclocked i7. My 8 threads peak at 90+ % usage and the frame rate keeps at steady 60fps. Lesser CPUs will most likely struggle with this area.

Oh and the city is marvelous!

Well, after about 115 hours I've beaten W3 on Death March difficulty at lvl 34. Completed all the sidequests on the continent,, but barely did Skellige quests (I'm going to go back for them later). Bittersweet on so may levels, but man what a ride. So much content, so much fun, so much feels right now. CDPR really outdid themselves with this game. Now it's time to let my brain process for a bit and then I'll be back on.

Well, after about 115 hours I've beaten W3 on Death March difficulty at lvl 34. Completed all the sidequests on the continent,, but barely did Skellige quests (I'm going to go back for them later). Bittersweet on so may levels, but man what a ride. So much content, so much fun, so much feels right now. CDPR really outdid themselves with this game. Now it's time to let my brain process for a bit and then I'll be back on.
Holy crap. Did you sleep at all?

Also I'm not aiming for 100% on first playthrough but aiming for completing all sidequests/monster hunt quests/treasure hunts. Gwent and other minor things can wait until second playthrough.

Last edited:

Also I'm not aiming for 100% on first playthrough but aiming for completing all sidequests/monster hunt quests/treasure hunts. Gwent and other minor things can wait until second playthrough.

Hahahaha, I have, but not a whole lot. I also took a few days off of work to play without interruptions because otherwise I'd be sitting there thinking about the story all day. :happy:

Seems so, right? xD
6 days and a few hours have passed from release, so that would mean nearly 20 hours a day.
Considering this, I assume he started playing before release, on a console version. But even with that, it looks like 10-15 hours a day o_O

I am not sure, but if Gwent is build up like poker or fistfighting, it is related to some sidequests or has its own :p
Also, what is missing when you have done all quests?
Oh, and third: I truly believe it is impossible to do all quests in one playthrough. Some will fail cause you have missed something or gone too far with another quest, and some can't be done when you chose a differrent path.

On a different and much sadder topic,

R.I.P. John Forbes Nash, Jr. and Alicia Larde Nash

The mathematician and Nobel Prize winner, whose life was the subject of "A Beautiful Mind", and his wife Alicia, who cared for him for many years through his mental illness, died in a taxi crash yesterday.

His best known contribution to knowledge is the "Nash equilibrium", which describes the outcome of a game in which each player knows the strategy of the others.

Last edited:
i just wanted to pop back into existence to inform @Dragonbird that the vegemite flavoured chocolate is entirely misleading and abysmal. they put caramel in it and some other ingredients and it actually tastes more like salted licorice than vegemite/caramel. you have now been informed.

[goes back to procrastinating study by playing the cultural relic that is tw3]

Maaan, that Priscilla song. When I realized what she is singing about, I had the biggest smile on my face. Helps that the song is beautiful too. In Polish anyway. Did you know that in the English version she is voiced by the sister of Tom Hiddleston? Small world, eh.[/spoiler]And that baron questline, hnnnngggg. I've played 49 hours so far, haven't been to Skellige yet.

Any one has read the book which include a rhyme about a Witcher sing his true love for his beloved sorceress? ;) CDPR writers have been, not closer to lore, but almost in :p Love it.

Any one has read the book which include a rhyme about a Witcher sing his true love for his beloved sorceress? ;) CDPR writers have been, not closer to lore, but almost in :p Love it.

Maaan, that Priscilla song. When I realized what she is singing about, I had the biggest smile on my face. Helps that the song is beautiful too. In Polish anyway. Did you know that in the English version she is voiced by the sister of Tom Hiddleston?

Coincidence? ;)

And do you know what is best in life?
Crush the reviewers, see the players driven to the game and contaminate Hairy Bear with the Witcher. :)

Coincidence? ;)

And do you know what is best in life?
Crush the reviewers, see the players driven to the game and contaminate Hairy Bear with the Witcher. :)

So does that mean that you are encouraging us to bring the Witcher into the Hairy Bear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom