Please please PLEASE fix the PS4 Framerate.

+
Please please PLEASE fix the PS4 Framerate.

Look I'm not 1 to complain through hyperbole and I love and can appreciate what you have done with W3 and I can appreciate a game of this size is going to have problems. I get that but please fix it to a stable rate, if you can,

Because right now the way it is the game is, it's not only distracting from every thing that I love about the game, the world, the quests, the script and dialouge, but it's actually making me feel physically ill.

Not even A.C Unity (And we all know the amount of crap Ubi got for that botch job) wasn't this bad.

It didn't seem that bad (just camera panning) at first but now the games stuttering left right and centre no matter where I am or what I'm doing.

It's stuttering more often than not.

I can't be the only 1 having this problem since were talking a fixed platform here and not P.C.

I have it too where the frame rate drops to what it seems like 0 frames per 2 seconds. It's like it completely freezes.

My frame rate on PS4 has never dropped to 0-2 fps but I can definitely see a constant drag and stuttering effect when I'm doing stuff besides running or looting.

After fast traveling there is noticeable fps drop as well as when fighting large groups of enemies. Hopefully this gets a good fix soon because it is one of my only gripes with regular play

The consoles havent got the 1.03 patch yet right? Yeah, it is slower to get patches and fixes out to PS and XB because they need to go through red tapes to release them.

Ash is right, and one of those companies is by far slower then the other.

Here's a hint - Who's ALWAYS late for press conference? It's the boys in Green.

At the Bog, unplayable, so putting the game off to finish work and finish other games I put on hold, including some on Steam. Some can seem to tolerate horrible frames, I for one cannot, and this business of 20fps is horrible...

Actually makes me very nauseous.

---------- Updated at 02:28 AM ----------

It's NOT the boys in Green.

I feel sorry for those having issues. I have been playing since day 1 on PS4 without an issue. All these problems I read about, I just don't have. Could it be a regional thing?

I must be one of those oblivious console gamers, I haven't had any issue playing the game. The game did freeze for like 1 second once but I guess that is tolerable in a game this size.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for those having issues. I have been playing since day 1 on PS4 without an issue. All these problems I read about, I just don't have. Could it be a regional thing?

Same here. On PS4, as well.

---------- Updated at 03:42 AM ----------

--- reply to deleted post ---

Last edited by a moderator:
The way it's running, it's like having every effect cranked to max for a game, on a low end P.C.

I can literally feel the game creaking under it's own weight.

I've seen my fair share of FR issues but even on last gen it never felt this bad to the point of making me feel nauseous.

CDPR fix PS4 problems, please. We paid more as PC players....and they got 1,03 and 1.04 patch already.

Same problem here. While the game is quite playable, but stutters and drops below 30 sometimes, it becomes ABSOLUTELY unplayable in places where there are lots of effects: fire, rain, steam/fog, etc. crookback bog is practically always below 25.

CDPR fix PS4 problems, please. We paid more as PC players....and they got 1,03 and 1.04 patch already.

It's not CDPR's issue, the patches might be stuck in certification process. That said I am not sure if they are rolled out or not that's why I said "might be".

any news for the 1.03 update? they said it will come earlier this week

---------- Updated at 05:29 AM ----------

ive tried seaching some gaming sites and no info yet for the patch 1.03 released on the ps4.:(

OK, a few things here.
1. PC users - this thread is nothing to do with you, if you're posting here to complain about something other than the OP's issue, please stop right now.
2. PS4 users - whatever problems you're having are best covered in the tech support thread. Regarding patches, I think you're all fully aware that certification is required before any patch can be rolled out, so it will take time. (And no, I've no idea when that will be). Also, if you're a PS4 user who ISN'T having any problem, and can offer useful information, please go ahead. Otherwise, please don't dismiss those who DO have problems.

Some posts are about to get deleted, after which this thread will be moved. For future reference tech issues relating to PS4 are best put here:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forums/181-PlayStation-4
where they'll be more visible to the CDPR staff working on them.

yea same here have the same issue ,after fast travel it lags hard the mini map goes blank for 3 seconds and I have had 3 crashes now went straight back to the ps4 dashboard ,hopefully us ps4 players will get the new patch as well all we have to go is cry hard enough like the pc users :) :) I really think it got released early because of the new morrow wind but if you seen the new morrow wind the game has same graphics as skyrim lol that's my 2cents so please release the new patch for us console users :)

Try this again...
From someone who is in the medical field; if this game makes you physically ill, I highly suggest you go see your Doctor.

I also suffer from the horribly lag a lot of posters have mentioned here on PS4. I must say controlling Geralt feels a bit off to with it being sometimes awkward to negotiate doors and mounting my horse etc.

Try this again...
From someone who is in the medical field; if this game makes you physically ill, I highly suggest you go see your Doctor.

For a gamer AND a doctor you sure are ignorant to the connections of an inconsistent frame rate and a low FOV. which the W3 has when in doors, using your witcher sense and or a combination of both.

Apologies to mods.

I also suffer from the horribly lag a lot of posters have mentioned here on PS4. I must say controlling Geralt feels a bit off to with it being sometimes awkward to negotiate doors and mounting my horse etc.
I know what you're talking about.
I wonder if that's more of a pathfinding issue, and not a framerate one.

---------- Updated at 06:32 AM ----------

For a gamer AND a doctor you sure are ignorant to the connections of an inconsistent frame rate and a low FOV. which the W3 has when in doors, using your witcher sense and or a combination of both.

Apologies to mods.
Not a Doc...I do more then they do!
Here's some free advise!
"Doc, it hurts when I do that!"
"Then don't do that."

I know what you're talking about.
I wonder if that's more of a pathfinding issue, and not a framerate one.

---------- Updated at 06:32 AM ----------

Not a Doc...I do more then they do!
Here's some free advise!
"Doc, it hurts when I do that!"
"Then don't do that."

I don't need the free advise because I've already STOPPED..... Until it's fixed to a play able state. A simple google search will show I'm not the only 1 going through this and for a doctor your bedside manner sucks. :)

Top Bottom